What is your opinion/thoughts on illegal RP

Spartan

There are many issues that the illegal community faces. However, nothing will annoy illegal RPers more, and has been more of an issue, than ineffective management and partisianship on the part of administration. It is no secret that the staff team is dominated by people who, to those in the illegal rp community, aren't knowledgeable about the issues that illegal rpers face, and who will routinely make decisions that many feel are ridiculous. PD of course, is another bane of our existence. There have been countless, and valid, reports made against members of the PD that effectively result in no punishment. Most notably a member of the PD conspired in discord DMs to try and kill someone IC, even discussing price in those DMs. Of course, they were slapped on the wrist because of their "Good work in the PD" which begs the question why the PD wouldn't expell a member of their faction that will stoop so far as to metagaming and OOC deals to their way. Any other member of the illegal community would be banned for an incredibly long time over something like that. Most notably, Vulcar was banned for a period of 3 months for even discussing the possibility of guns. The support network in place for shitty LEO RPers is truly amazing; it is comparable to the effectiveness of real police unions. 

What illegal RPers should do, in the great words of Joe Hill, is organize. The more and more the illegal RP community can band together, and antagonize against the systems at play that work to keep us unappreciated and unsupported, the better. Much of the current issues are caused because us, as illegal rpers, do not stand together in solidarity the same way PD, and other types of roleplayers do. But if we all banded together, we could shake the server to its core! 

Edited by Ted
Haha funny union stuff
  • Upvote 5

In some characters lack depth and development, but overall it is getting better. We still need to be listened more by the admin team and also people need to stop hating on us like we're here to just break their fun. We are cool people, we just like to roleplay things we can't do in real life. ❤️

I have an amazing time living around illegal RPers as a civvie RPer. Those in dedicated factions always impress me with the level of standards they impose on themselves. They really are people to aspire to.

That's it, no negatives, that's my whole opinion.

• Upvote 1

Speaking as a person fully roleplaying lawful characters who never violated any law even for parking offenses in GTAW, illegal roleplayers are half good, half bad in terms of roleplay quality. While I have always been known to hate illegal roleplayers, I'll actually stop and give more constructive opinions.

Majority of new players do illegal roleplay because they find normal civilian characters boring or they're just too new to have any knowledge to join a legal faction. I know that because I used to be the new player. The first thing I would do is grind to get a bike with a friend and keep robbing people (not on GTA W). And as you think, this example is a substandard roleplay.

Illegal roleplay will always be the side with worse roleplay quality due to the given reason above while in legal factions, players would need to have a reasonably good standard to join in general.

Not only that, but illegal roleplay are also put at a higher risk to violate server rules. As you can see daily - logging to avoid, deathmatch, etc. Sometimes the rule violations aren't intentional like poor escalation, they still will hold responsible for their actions. And also what you see frequently, illegal faction getting shut down.

I know there's dedicated illegal factions and illegal roleplayers, and I appreciate them. However, it's true even in real world, when people see a bad thing, they will judge the overall picture. For example, you see a guy charged with murder on the news, so you likely judge their friends and families are bad or in a bad environment. Same for here, I used to not care at all about illegal factions at all because I judged them being terrible, and thinking they would be shut down. But now, I'll be more considerate to the illegal roleplayers, and not just judge them from one person's roleplay standard as it's not something that can be fixed.

Nonetheless, thank to the good illegal roleplayers who create realistic RP.

Edited by ThomasNoman
3 hours ago, Ted said:

Any other member of the illegal community would be banned for an incredibly long time over something like that. Most notably, Vulcar was banned for a period of 3 months for even discussing the possibility of guns.

Come on now @Tedlets not lie to backup our arguments. OOC dealing is extremely problematic for the illegal community and the vast majority of people (Including suppliers) have gotten away with it, you and I know this because you and I both participated in it. Vulcar didn't get banned because he discussed selling guns, Vulcar got banned for trying to setup an OOC alliance to kill a faction off the server that was reporting him and his friends. I know this because I'm the one who caught him and got him banned for it.

I 100% agree with you that PD gets special treatment from members of staff, it's a problem and it has to stop. But lets not go ignoring the skeletons in our own closets, we can't put everything on PD sadly. If we want to see the illegal community get better, it's going to take a lot of the illegal community giving up their willingness to break rules just because "That's the way it is". Because sadly, that's the response you get when you talk to people behind closed doors about OOC deals. "That's the way it is bro, everyone does it" leaves most people with really no choice other then to go along with it. What other options do you have? Report it? That's what I did and I had randoms threatening me in my discord DM's (Shout out the dumb dumb hoodcall), people trying to kill me IG just to ruin my fun and people doxing my friends. 

The fact that GTAW illegal RPers consider reporting "Snitching" and then attempt to act hard about it over the internet makes me piss my pants laughing. But it also bums me out because as long as people hold this attitude and keep acting hard on the internet, nothing majors going to change in the servers illegal scene. It's just going to be the same level of mediocrity it's always been because people are too scared of ruining their online street cred to report any of the dumb shit that's blocking everything from moving forward.  

• Upvote 7
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Ted said:

What illegal RPers should do, in the great words of Joe Hill, is organize. The more and more the illegal RP community can band together, and antagonize against the systems at play that work to keep us unappreciated and unsupported, the better. Much of the current issues are caused because us, as illegal rpers, do not stand together in solidarity the same way PD, and other types of roleplayers do. But if we all banded together, we could shake the server to its core! 

• Wuhtah locked this topic