What is your opinion/thoughts on illegal RP

Spartan

3 minutes ago, Visceral said:

Robberies that are capped at 5k and have a high chance of you ending up in prison because the scenes can take a while if you're allowing enough time for the victim to respond. And if you commit said robberies half the server calls you a bad RPer? Drug trades? Drug market is non-existent on this server. Its atrocious. Everyone has drugs. Very few are buying them. Break ins and business robberies? Good look waiting on an admin response. An organization that pays you for your job? No buddy, the money flows UP. Not the other way around. 

I'm not saying criminals should be provided with opportunities to make a fortune off the bat, I'm saying the current opportunities push most people into a very select options of making money via criminal RP because the other options are a net negative. Of course it takes skill to RP a criminal effectively. However, there still needs to be multiple ways of actually making money consistently which just isn't viable for a lot of people in the current status here. 

These are well written and describe the current dilemma.

1 minute ago, maramizo said:

The average cop is not as wildly richer than the average gang member, let alone actual OG, as the disparity lies on the server. Even the top criminals on the server in many factions do not make nearly as much money as their legal counterparts do. I mean the answer is very simple, how are they expected to make any money?

The only venue that did make money for a while was car chopping -> pawn shops -> knives/lockpicks/dusters. Now it's over saturated with every pawn shop selling a million lock picks, knives, you name it. Any other venue is just simply not profitable. Drugs are virtually useless. Guns are extremely overpriced. That's the whole issue at hand.

You do raise a good point, but that's not the issue at hand.

The issue at hand are greedy people, the playerbase itself. Because majority of people expect to get respect and money the very same day they create they characters. And trust me gov. player are watched and their salaries are weekly not hourly. Then they are also heavily discouraged to spent their money as they see fit. IE they cannot buy flashy cars and big big houses even if technically they could. The issue in every venue of roleplay here, not just illegal rp...is greed. Drug biz is ruined from two reasons. 1st, lack of actual addicted characters, in terms of, buy the actual drug, don't just pretend. 2nd the amount of drug deals ending up with the customer being robbed, ofc they won't come down twice for their drug then.

1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

The issue at hand are greedy people, the playerbase itself. Because majority of people expect to get respect and money the very same day they create they characters. And trust me gov. player are watched and their salaries are weekly not hourly. Then they are also heavily discouraged to spent their money as they see fit. IE they cannot buy flashy cars and big big houses even if technically they could. The issue in every venue of roleplay here, not just illegal rp...is greed. Drug biz is ruined from two reasons. 1st, lack of actual addicted characters, in terms of, buy the actual drug, don't just pretend. 2nd the amount of drug deals ending up with the customer being robbed, ofc they won't come down twice for their drug then.

No one wants to buy flashy cars. No one wants mansions. We want the capacity to have the fiscal capability to spark up roleplay to the point where we can create interfactional ties. This is impossible if you don't have the money to start the roleplay. 

The majority of people in illegal RP aren't ricers, they don't care about the cars, the big houses, the yachts. Many of us roleplay being uneducated, and fully know that our characters are incredibly unlikely to ever have any asset worth more than $200k (with the exception of bars/shops that are extremely overpriced for reasons beyond this scope).

This is why you end up with gangs just shooting each other. There's nothing else to do. You can't do heists. Robberies are an absolute waste of time. Legitimately, the only reason any faction ever buys drugs from another faction is solely to create roleplay, not for any "greed" or "benefit". We lose money constantly on drug deals, fully knowing, just to create roleplay and portray a realistic setting.

This should not be the case, but I can't for the life of me come up with an answer to the drug economy. I can however come up with answers for the gun economy as stated earlier. We need more venues of roleplay. We need white collar schemes support (this is where the real money's at right now IRL). We need IFM to come up with new ways for factions to work together. Create some characters, go to various turfs, spark up a lore and make us band up in an interesting storyline, instead of having our only interfactional interactions be either a drug deal or a shootout! 

6 minutes ago, maramizo said:

No one wants to buy flashy cars. No one wants mansions. We want the capacity to have the fiscal capability to spark up roleplay to the point where we can create interfactional ties. This is impossible if you don't have the money to start the roleplay. 

The majority of people in illegal RP aren't ricers, they don't care about the cars, the big houses, the yachts. Many of us roleplay being uneducated, and fully know that our characters are incredibly unlikely to ever have any asset worth more than $200k (with the exception of bars/shops that are extremely overpriced for reasons beyond this scope).

This is why you end up with gangs just shooting each other. There's nothing else to do. You can't do heists. Robberies are an absolute waste of time. Legitimately, the only reason any faction ever buys drugs from another faction is solely to create roleplay, not for any "greed" or "benefit". We lose money constantly on drug deals, fully knowing, just to create roleplay and portray a realistic setting.

This should not be the case, but I can't for the life of me come up with an answer to the drug economy. I can however come up with answers for the gun economy as stated earlier. We need more venues of roleplay. We need white collar schemes support (this is where the real money's at right now IRL). We need IFM to come up with new ways for factions to work together. Create some characters, go to various turfs, spark up a lore and make us band up in an interesting storyline, instead of having our only interfactional interactions be either a drug deal or a shootout! 

Well said.

3 minutes ago, maramizo said:

I agree. The argument of "flashy cars and mansions" is simply not fact. People just enough money to be able to actively roleplay and half SOME financial stabilty. Having guns that are incredibly overpriced wouldn't be that big of an issue if the drug market didn't operate at a loss. Also, prices vary GREATLY. I've seen people sell weed for less than $100 a gram while some sell for ~$300. There needs to be some sort of minimum price agreement so at least a MODICUM of profit can still be made, but it won't be enough. The market is over-saturated and not even most of the gang RP-ers use drugs, let alone legal or mostly legal chars. I can't count the amount of weed-only purists I met, all living in deporable conditions with death & shooutouts being a daily occurance. There simply is no demand for drugs, and when competition is so crazy you'll be selling at a loss it feels like a chore to even try to sell drugs.

From what I have seen, Drugs give you a temporary HP boost which is virtually useless because of increasingly fewer shootouts and gun violence. To balance the drug market, the server should encourage more gun violence within gang territories and that won't happen because of the gun market. All of these things are connected and so is the demand. More gun violence also encourages prison roleplay, I have had friends in the server who were interested in roleplaying as a prisoner and ended up being AFK for the entire duration because that's what 80% of the players there apparently do.

The reason why illegal RP'ers avoid using their firearm is because it's extremely overpriced. It's preposterous to pay 50 grand for a 9mm off the street when realistically you can get one without having to pay the price of an apartment. I'm part of illegal RP in the server and every time I wish to commit a crime, all I find myself thinking about is how on getting caught, I won't be able to afford another one without having to grind some shitty truck job that doesn't even suit my character development.  Ironically, there is more gun violence within the legal RP community with everyone possessing the PF license.

Edited by Illusive
37 minutes ago, maramizo said:

I genuinely hope IFM start a discussion with us rather than locking this thread. I remain optimistic about their response. We can come up with many interesting things if we can at least have an active conversation.

I agree with you, instead of locking this immediately we should at least discuss. Have a normal conversation. 

8 minutes ago, Illusive said:

From what I have seen, Drugs give you a temporary HP boost which is virtually useless because of increasingly fewer shootouts and gun violence. To balance the drug market, the server should encourage more gun violence and that won't happen because of the gun market. All of these things are connected and so is the demand.

The reason why illegal RP'ers avoid using their firearm is because it's extremely overpriced. It's preposterous to pay 50 grand for a 9mm off the street when realistically you can get one without having to pay the price of an apartment. I'm part of illegal RP in the server and every time I wish to commit a crime, all I find myself thinking about is how on getting caught, I won't be able to afford another one without having to grind some shitty truck job that doesn't even suit my character development. People need to stop being snowflakes and complain about getting robbed on a BF-100 or getting killed. I have been rping as an illegal character for a month now and it's already getting stale.

People shouldn't be relying on the script benefits to roleplay around drugs, it should be something they do as part of their character. The drug market is stale for multiple reasons, one is definitely the economy, another might be people do not know how to roleplay around the drugs they buy. Because of this, people have to resort to making losses in the drug market, selling their drugs cheaper than they should just so they can roleplay that they're a drug dealer, or buying drugs from other people even though you have plenty of your own just to help other peoples roleplay.

'The server should encourage more gun violence' is a crazy line on its own, but I somewhat see your point; ultimately I don't agree with it though. Lowering gun prices isn't going to fix the drug market, more gun violence won't fix the drug market.

Illegal RP needs more support regarding monetary gains, considering how controversial robberies are we need more ways that we can earn money through the script, that also encourage illegal RP. So many people say 'just get a job', but that defeats the purpose of being an illegal roleplayer. 

I will say though, if you are relying on gun violence to enjoy your illegal RP, you should open yourself to more avenues because that is no way to go around it.

• Wuhtah locked this topic