Excessive Robberies in Blaine County

Ted

The LSSD patrols the county, has its only patrol station based in Paleto Bay and has a unit dedicated to conducting patrol and engaging with the community in the county.

The county is a large area that has smaller areas that are less populated than others and we can't cover all of those. Our units patrol in the area and will look out and respond to crimes but there will always be times where there are less units around and you are more vulnerable to being a victim of a crime. There are several hours during the day where we have the bare minimum of deputies online due to real life obligations and timezones plus we have a jail to staff as well. 

Rural areas have less police presence and a longer response time, that's how it is in real life as well. 

The screenshot provided above is just an example of poor roleplay that ruins the experience for all of us. There needs to be more administrative action on people who drive around on a bike robbing people. That's just chain robbing and isn't fun. I believe all law enforcement people on this server can attest to the fact that if you have to chase a bike, you'll have a hard time.

I don't want to turn this thread in a back and forth about law enforcement and the lack of it but instead I ask people to comment on the following thread so we as faction leadership can address the concerns without derailing a thread.

5 minutes ago, Zayyy said:

Issue :- Sheriffs wants to be the cops so they're mostly patrolling in the city, salty truth but it is what it is.

If their jurisdiction is in the city as well as the country why wouldn't they be in the city...?

They're not some sort of border patrol, they police the city as well as the country.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
Just now, BINGBONGGHOST said:

If their jurisdiction is in the city as well as the country why wouldn't they be in the city...?

There's no issue if they're patrolling in the city? Thing is, they are always patrolling there. I don't think LFM/Nervous made two LEO factions so they both could patrol all day in the city. 

It's a fact that SD is always in the city, they rarely patrol in the city.

9 hours ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Thats a very political correct reply, however this does not solve the issue.

Your reply infact was already countered before you even posted it. There is a heavily neglected report section (from even before the Christmas Break of the staff team as I call it), and some reports even get locked & archived due to the sheer amount of time they laid still. Sure, we can report ingame. If it didn’t take an average of 75 minutes for a report to be answered only to hear “post a forum complaint”. If I used the same method at my work as an IT servicedesk, I’d be fired for not fixing my tickets and lacking common courtesey.

This is the third time I came acros this issue on the forums and it baffles me how the staff team isn’t already implementing OOC measures but instead punish militant groups for not being realistic. My character Emilia even gets robbed of her entire supply each week, so I trashed that character. Get an interior you say? I would if my 3 requests werent denied for one!

I suggest a rule to be implemented that if you live in the city, you need permission to commit a crime in the county and vice-versa. Easily implemented with minimum effort.

As usual you're bringing up completely irrelevant points, if you have issues with property requests take it up with property management. This has nothing to do with the thread, so kindly refrain from going off topic.

We do punish unrealistic factions/groups and actively seek to shut them down, you have no idea what gets handled or discussed behind the scenes. Adding ooc rules about committing crimes in the county is stupid and would only be a detriment to roleplay.

The issues you bring up about reports going unanswered have already been discussed and are actively being worked on, reports come in as fast as we can handle them. Is it ideal that some reports inevitably get buried? No but fact is most of us are handling 4/5 reports at once, sometimes hundreds of IG reports per month. We don't even get paid yet we have to deal with pages and pages of arguments, sometimes even 30-45 minutes on a single in-game report to let everyone have their say and make sure everyone understands what they did wrong, or just trying to reach an amicable solution that keeps everyone happy.  If you had just stated that reports take too long, that would have been fine but to compare us to paid staff lacks taste and common courtesy. I'm frankly insulted that you'd even DARE suggest we don't do enough work, If you want a premium service, open your wallet otherwise stop being so entitled.

Edited by Moonsong
  • Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

As usual you're bringing up completely irrelevant points, if you have issues with property requests take it up with property management. This has nothing to do with the thread, so kindly refrain from going off topic.

We do punish unrealistic factions/groups and actively seek to shut them down, you have no idea what gets handled or discussed behind the scenes. Adding ooc rules about committing crimes in the county is stupid and would only be a detriment to roleplay.

The issues you bring up about reports going unanswered have already been discussed and are actively being worked on, reports come in as fast as we can handle them. Is it ideal that some reports inevitably get buried? No but fact is most of us are handling 4/5 reports at once, sometimes hundreds of IG reports per month. We don't even get paid yet we have to deal with pages and pages of arguments, sometimes even 30-45 minutes on a single in-game report to let everyone have their say and make sure everyone understands what they did wrong, or just trying to reach an amicable solution that keeps everyone happy.  If you had just stated that reports take to long, that would have been fine but to compare us to paid staff lacks taste and common courtesy. I'm frankly insulted that you'd even DARE suggest we don't do enough work, If you want a premium service, open your wallet otherwise stop being so entitled.

Given how your reply went from okayish to totally baffled, indicates I hit a sneer or two. I'm sorry that you feel insulted, but thats how the community aswell as me personally see it. If you want to discuss that matter, we can do that privately. My DM's are always open but people tend to, for some reason, seek discussion with me publicly... fine by me, just don't warn /me/ for it alone 🙂 

Here my reply in a spoiler so the on-topic part actually continious after the spoiler; (I suggest you reply in a DM in my discord. Its always open, I don't bite as some think, I think)

Spoiler

I merely provided exemples on why ''report it on forums'' is useless and has no meaning nowadays. There are cases where literal /months/ go over reports. This delay in handling /creates/ the toxic and unrealistic issues to begin with; the rulebreakers know they wont be punished for a long time. Its great that that issue is being actively discussed internally and real kudo's to that, but untill the problem is resolved the issue will remain. Also, I never said you ''don't do enough work'', the long waiting periods come from somewhere! I work in IT service, I know where long waiting periods come from. Does that mean we cant complain about them? No.

But in the future I'll refrain from commenting on your posts directly, given you literally get insulted by everything I state and claim it to be off-topic, wether it be actually on-topic or not.

At the moment it is undeniable that we are facing an unrealistic amount of crimes comitted in the county by city people. That is a fact. So far, that the LSSD is even actively working with the staff to mitigate the issue according to THIS report (which has also been dormant for way too long).

This is an issue that requires OOC intervention, the sooner the better. Its the same as any other crime that would basicly be overly represented if it were not for OOC rulings. Taking terrorism for exemple; its not allowed at all within the server. Partly because people would be insulted, partly because we lack the actual agencies that would realisticly investigate domestic terrorism.

It's not really a big problem if people simply do a /report or even a /helpme asking for permission to rob the county people, and state a good reason to steer all the way from Vespucci to a random farm house in Paleto to rob it. In order to increase LEO activity in the county that could potentially counter this problem of chain robberies, the LSSD could be restricted to county-only, and the LSPD to city-only.

Edited by ThatDutchPerson
29 minutes ago, Zayyy said:

There's no issue if they're patrolling in the city? Thing is, they are always patrolling there. I don't think LFM/Nervous made two LEO factions so they both could patrol all day in the city. 

Without derailing the thread I'll just say I see them consistently in Sandy but also remember that in the grand scheme of things Sandy is pretty empty when it comes to it's population compared to the city - crime obviously happening MORE in an area where you've got more players leading to resources being pulled from the country.

If you want someone to blame try blaming the people that force law enforcement to respond to yet another massacre of 15 year old children over snarky Facebrowser comments, SD are doing a fine job at what they do and all the complains and grievances I see are IC issues for the most part, nothing to do with the thread in question.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
Wording.
  • Upvote 1

If the lack of Sheriff Department personel showing a presence in the vicinity of Sandy Shores, Grapeseed, Paleto bay or just the county in general upsets you, I urge anyone and everyone to bring it up ICly. There's unfortunately little that can happen realistically through OOC means.

There's a plethora of channels to voice your concerns ICly. Not only will it promote more roleplay on your side, but also give those involved in the Govt. faction an issue to discuss, declare and roleplay! We have the infastructure ICly to deal with situations such as this.

• Upvote 2

People, out here, are really playing a free game and are complaining about volunteers struggling to appeal to their reports at such a rapid rate when they're bombarded with around ten forum-reports, per day. That doesn't include PMs, discord messages, P.M. requests, internal-discussions, and their LIFE.

How self-centered can you be? Seriously... play another server if you really cannot survive waiting a maximum of a week for a response on a free game that out-competed every other GTA text-based R.P. server in this planet.

I am grateful for these administrators as they've kept this server at a higher standard than most, if not all, servers. Keep up the amazing work. 

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2
43 minutes ago, Zayyy said:

I rarely saw SD patrol outside the city, chases do not count. With all honesty, this issue was happening on other communities I was at before as well (where they had PD & SD). But I agree, these chain robberies turn Blaine County into a war zone and occupants of said area into a more militaristic group than just civilians mainly due to lack of Law enforcement patrols.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic