Excessive Robberies in Blaine County

Ted

As someone whose RP takes place in Blaine 95% of the time, this sure is an issue and comes in waves. Robberies sky rocket, then die down. Then they get out of hand again, and slowly die down again. However, it doesn't make it less of an issue.

As it's been said in the thread already, this has been taken and addressed IC, making people organize IC as well. Constant flow of information, reporting suspicious activities happening, keeping and eye on unknown vehicles/people. All of it happened because of this, which in a way it's cool and creates some RP, but on the other hand it became such a hassle that nightlife around Sandy in particular almost died, with people even refusing to drive around just to not become a target.

It doesn't make sense to me for someone to come up JUST to get a quick lick and then go back into the city with whatever they got from it, when they can get the same outcome or even a better one a few blocks away from their main area of roleplay. Considering how most of Blaine characters I know are, even if they robbed them they wouldn't get that much.

If I'm not wrong, I think SD even went ahead and created the CPU or Crime Prevention Unit just to address this issue and try to mitigate it; However, as most of us, people can't be IG 24/7, so sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, hence why characters are taking the matter into their own hands, which causes what was mentioned before: Character being pushed and forced into militancy. As it has been mentioned, I've even witnessed and taken part myself in pulling up to someone sketchy with two trucks full of people and "pressing" them JUST to see who they were and what intentions they have; which usually ends up with locals either grouping up to be safe, or someone "running" said people out of Blaine (or Sandy, in particular).

Most times is not even your or your character's lack of awareness. I've been robbed before, next to two businesses while close to midnight. Can't say it was enjoyable, but I went with it. However I've seen and heard about attempts during both day time and night time, in front of businesses that realistically would either have cameras or people in and around, next to people's places, next to roads, etc. This made characters to always be in touch about anything that looks remotely sketchy. Sometimes I've even witnesses trucks packed up with people roaming around or pulling up to a friend's or neighbor's place or location JUST to make sure they were alright.

Sometimes, even trying to have some passive RP to relax or just develop your character or meet people gets disturbed because you get a call/text about someone being robbed/about to be robbed and in need of help, which causes a chain of calls and text to bring people along just to help; Or texts about "I've seen X going around trying car doors and houses, keep an eye out". Those are more common than they should be.

The fact that is happening IC and being addressed IC, doesn't make it less of an issue. Most times it's an asset-chase, or feels like it, and thus Blaine, given the lower playerbase + lower LEOs presence becomes the perfect playground for this type of things to happen.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, orca112 said:

There is a difference between "less law in the county and easier targets" and an overall OOC play-to-win mentality to prefer player-wise remote areas that would realistically be crowded from time such as the LS docks area, the county or generally out in public during the early time of the day at broad daylight with less players and thus also less law enforcement on the streets. If you scout out your area, set up ambushes and actively take advantage of the environment realistically (e.g. remote county road) providing proper roleplay, there is no problem. But if you, as a Davis gang banger on an unregistered BF400, zoom out to Sandy Shores to chain rob people at their porch with "/me aims gun, /b /showinv" at broad daylight, it becomes an issue and is pretty much just a straight up play to win mentality to gather assets.

g8jl5.jpg

2 minutes ago, JackieH said:

As someone whose RP takes place in Blaine 95% of the time, this sure is an issue and comes in waves. Robberies sky rocket, then die down. Then they get out of hand again, and slowly die down again. However, it doesn't make it less of an issue.

As it's been said in the thread already, this has been taken and addressed IC, making people organize IC as well. Constant flow of information, reporting suspicious activities happening, keeping and eye on unknown vehicles/people. All of it happened because of this, which in a way it's cool and creates some RP, but on the other hand it became such a hassle that nightlife around Sandy in particular almost died, with people even refusing to drive around just to not become a target.

It doesn't make sense to me for someone to come up JUST to get a quick lick and then go back into the city with whatever they got from it, when they can get the same outcome or even a better one a few blocks away from their main area of roleplay. Considering how most of Blaine characters I know are, even if they robbed them they wouldn't get that much.

If I'm not wrong, I think SD even went ahead and created the CPU or Crime Prevention Unit just to address this issue and try to mitigate it; However, as most of us, people can't be IG 24/7, so sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, hence why characters are taking the matter into their own hands, which causes what was mentioned before: Character being pushed and forced into militancy. As it has been mentioned, I've even witnessed and taken part myself in pulling up to someone sketchy with two trucks full of people and "pressing" them JUST to see who they were and what intentions they have; which usually ends up with locals either grouping up to be safe, or someone "running" said people out of Blaine (or Sandy, in particular).

Most times is not even your or your character's lack of awareness. I've been robbed before, next to two businesses while close to midnight. Can't say it was enjoyable, but I went with it. However I've seen and heard about attempts during both day time and night time, in front of businesses that realistically would either have cameras or people in and around, next to people's places, next to roads, etc. This made characters to always be in touch about anything that looks remotely sketchy. Sometimes I've even witnesses trucks packed up with people roaming around or pulling up to a friend's or neighbor's place or location JUST to make sure they were alright.

Sometimes, even trying to have some passive RP to relax or just develop your character or meet people gets disturbed because you get a call/text about someone being robbed/about to be robbed and in need of help, which causes a chain of calls and text to bring people along just to help; Or texts about "I've seen X going around trying car doors and houses, keep an eye out". Those are more common than they should be.

The fact that is happening IC and being addressed IC, doesn't make it less of an issue. Most times it's an asset-chase, or feels like it, and thus Blaine, given the lower playerbase + lower LEOs presence becomes the perfect playground for this type of things to happen.

Generally, individuals in the countryside have a deeper connection with the people in their town or remote area, identical to family. Thus, it'd make more sense to be able to differentiate "newcomers" from locals, alongside with showing precautious concern towards a fellow local if any suspicious vehicles or persons are present on their neighbors road.

I admire this I.C. model. Of course, report people if the R.P. is abysmal or unrealistic, but it's always a great idea to step in the I.C. direction. Great for development.

Alright people of Sandy, please take your combat outfit here to my left, there are ranger rovers and monster trucks to my right equipped with light bars and turrets on the roof, and a flame thrower up front for that extra yeeyee effect, let’s build this fucking wall, because them zombies, they be coming, you hear me? They be coming!!! 

Edited by Ryoichi
Yee yee
45 minutes ago, JackieH said:

Amen brother!

1 hour ago, JackieH said:

This hit the nail, in the head. Amen!

I had a talk previously with the Assistant Sheriff about jurisdictions. LSPD and LSSD have the exact same patrol grounds. For some reason LSPD is allowed all the way up in Paleto Bay while that isn't even Los Santos, even though they are called the ''Los Santos Police Department''

Maybe a good solution to actually enforce LEO activity  in the county is to draw a clear line once and for all. The county is for the the LSSD, and the City is for the LSPD. If either want the enter area of the other, they request permission over the radio (exception being during emergencies). Don't like the isolated county as a Deputy and rather have South Central? Well, then you applied for the wrong faction.

Edited by ThatDutchPerson

Alright, here's my actual response;

Every single robbery I've witnessed in Sandy was fucking retarded and absolutely subpar, and dont tell me "Oh, report it.", my report sits for an hour or two then I just log off and I can't be fucked dealing with it, so I just tend to shoot first when I see a four deep car or BF400s rushing at me in the middle of the night, when I'm alone in the middle of Sandy. It's annoying that black roleplayers have that LSRP mentality of robbing people out in the county, cause OOCly they know that there's little to no SD in the area, which that by itself is fucking dumb, cause most of them are busy patrolling Davis/Rancho for shots fired calls.

When this is the shit we have to deal with, riding in a hot pink Double T off road trying to rob in a checkered shirt.
unknown.pngThe real kicker is this. Little to bum fuck no RP, before you say I was out in the middle of nowhere, yes I know I was. Either admins needs to lay down some harsh punishments on idiots like them, or not get upset with me, when I shot at a car 4 deep with masked people in it, rocking all black.

hQYOVir.png
f2a7216d8786b563f03b11a30c25b68e.png

• Applaud 1
55 minutes ago, Nos said:

Alright, here's my actual response;

Every single robbery I've witnessed in Sandy was fucking retarded and absolutely subpar, and dont tell me "Oh, report it.", my report sits for an hour or two then I just log off and I can't be fucked dealing with it, so I just tend to shoot first when I see a four deep car or BF400s rushing at me in the middle of the night, when I'm alone in the middle of Sandy. It's annoying that black roleplayers have that LSRP mentality of robbing people out in the county, cause OOCly they know that there's little to no SD in the area, which that by itself is fucking dumb, cause most of them are busy patrolling Davis/Rancho for shots fired calls.

When this is the shit we have to deal with, riding in a hot pink Double T off road trying to rob in a checkered shirt.
unknown.pngThe real kicker is this. Little to bum fuck no RP, before you say I was out in the middle of nowhere, yes I know I was. Either admins needs to lay down some harsh punishments on idiots like them, or not get upset with me, when I shot at a car 4 deep with masked people in it, rocking all black.

hQYOVir.png
f2a7216d8786b563f03b11a30c25b68e.png

"/me pats his waistline down -> /b showitems"

The epitome of your average stereotypical piss-poor robbery R.P.

File a forum report, right now, man.

• Wuhtah locked this topic