Excessive Robberies in Blaine County

Ted

Most people are aware of this issue, including the administration. There is a huge problem of people driving up from the city to rob random people in Sandy Shores, night after night. At this point Sandy Shores may as well be a Brazilian flavella. There are not enough LEO's in the issue to stop this. It's gotten excessive, to the point that residents have essentially become a paramilitary group in order to prevent themselves from this widespread, and horrible RP. Why is administration ignoring this issue? Swift action should be taken to stop this. It's incredibly unrealistic, and absolutely excessive at this point in time. People shouldn't be driving from Davis to Blaine on a BF400 to rob people. 

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 2

This has literally been going on even before they scripted properties in Blaine County. The whole time I RPd in the county there was a vibe of if you're not known, you're trouble cause everyone that RPs there is constantly making sure they're not being robbed by someone on a robbery spree.

As much as I agree that it's annoying and happens way too often, I don't see what can be done to prevent it honestly.

Funny thing is, individuals continue to question why Blaine County locals classify people from the city as "City-Slickers". The notion that they continuously terrorize and gentrify Blaine County is enough evidence to conclude why Blaine County locals hate people from the city. In my honest opinion, despite the lack of realism in robberies, I find this to be a good reason to develop the Blaine County community to become more militant... make people fear coming up here.

In all reality, a person from the city is more than likely to be robbed from a person in the county, not the other way around. People from the city fear the unknown in the county... they usually stick to main roads and avoid the side-streets and dirt roads, in fear that they'd be robbed. This is the real world. On GTA: World? It appears to be the opposite. Blaine County should make city-dwellers fearful for entering the county.

These people should be reported. However, it'd be good for our development to be more militant against "city-slickers".

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 3
8 minutes ago, DLimit said:

These people should be reported. However, it'd be good for our development to be more militant against "city-slickers".

The issue with that is responding to bad RP, with more, bad RP. Residents shouldn't be forced into militancy, and that militancy is bad rp. The issue with just saying they should be reported is the fact we already have a heavily neglected report section. It seems admins don't even care enough anymore to answer most of them, as we're now on 4 pages of unanswered reports. 

What should be done is immediate, and harsh punishment of people doing this, as opposed to weeks of waiting to at best ajail the person for a bit. It has degenerated the quality of RP so bad that Sandy Shores may as well be Mogadishu.

10 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

I don't mind dealing with it ICly by locals becoming more willing to shoot first, as long as admins back us up when the robbers start posting "poor reason to kill", "DM" or "lack of fear" reports.  Will they? :3

So basically Davis but in the county? Yeah, no thanks.

There are some simple steps players can take to mitigate the chance of becoming victim of a robbery spree; simple things like environmental awareness, not being on your own in quiet areas, making sure you're not a target etc. Even carrying realistic amounts of cash or items when you are alone can help to mitigate any losses and thus disruption to your roleplay. Applying some basic common sense, which most adult characters would probably have can actually save a lot of grief. 

We certainly don't want to see players travelling vast distances just to go on a robbery spree to areas where word would realistically travel quite quickly, it's not only unrealistic but they would stick out like a sore thumb to locals and it indeed ruins immersion. Sadly it's true that most robberies are piss poor quality, and are rarely fun for the victims. I would highly encourage players to report these cases when they happen because if you don't and instead come on to the forums to complain about unrealistic robberies, nothing is going to change. It needs to be reported for us to take action.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Moonsong said:

So basically Davis but in the county? Yeah, no thanks.

There are some simple steps players can take to mitigate the chance of becoming victim of a robbery spree; simple things like environmental awareness, not being on your own in quiet areas, making sure you're not a target etc. Even carrying realistic amounts of cash or items when you are alone can help to mitigate any losses and thus disruption to your roleplay. Applying some basic common sense, which most adult characters would probably have can actually save a lot of grief. 

We certainly don't want to see players travelling vast distances just to go on a robbery spree to areas where word would realistically travel quite quickly, it's not only unrealistic but they would stick out like a sore thumb to locals and it indeed ruins immersion. Sadly it's true that most robberies are piss poor quality, and are rarely fun for the victims. I would highly encourage players to report these cases when they happen because if you don't and instead come on to the forums to complain about unrealistic robberies, nothing is going to change. It needs to be reported for us to take action.

Thats a very political correct reply, however this does not solve the issue.

Your reply infact was already countered before you even posted it. There is a heavily neglected report section (from even before the Christmas Break of the staff team as I call it), and some reports even get locked & archived due to the sheer amount of time they laid still. Sure, we can report ingame. If it didn’t take an average of 75 minutes for a report to be answered only to hear “post a forum complaint”. If I used the same method at my work as an IT servicedesk, I’d be fired for not fixing my tickets and lacking common courtesey.

This is the third time I came acros this issue on the forums and it baffles me how the staff team isn’t already implementing OOC measures but instead punish militant groups for not being realistic. My character Emilia even gets robbed of her entire supply each week, so I trashed that character. Get an interior you say? I would if my 3 requests werent denied for one!

I suggest a rule to be implemented that if you live in the city, you need permission to commit a crime in the county and vice-versa. Easily implemented with minimum effort.

Edited by ThatDutchPerson
2 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Thats a very political correct reply, however this does not solve the issue.

Your reply infact was already countered before you even posted it. There is a heavily neglected report section (from even before the Christmas Break of the staff team as I call it), and some reports even get locked & archived due to the sheer amount of time they laid still. Sure, we can report ingame. If it didn’t take an average of 75 minutes for a report to be answered only to hear “post a forum complaint”. If I used the same method at my work as an IT servicedesk, I’d be fired for not fixing my tickets and lacking common courtesey.

This is the third time I came acros this issue on the forums and it baffles me how the staff team isn’t already implementing OOC measures but instead punish militant groups for not being realistic.

I suggest a rule to be implemented that if you live in the city, you need permission to commit a crime in the county and vice-versa. Easily implemented with minimum effort.

People robbing in the county, whether they’re from the city or not, follows a very logical and natural way of thinking. There’s less law in the county, less risks and plenty of rewards. If you don’t want to get robbed, don’t be a target. OOC rules in that regard is stupid, and to bring up that stuff about administrators isn’t helpful either. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

People robbing in the county, whether they’re from the city or not, follows a very logical and natural way of thinking. There’s less law in the county, less risks and plenty of rewards. If you don’t want to get robbed, don’t be a target. OOC rules in that regard is stupid, and to bring up that stuff about administrators isn’t helpful either. 

And thats the whole issue. There is less law in the county than there realisticly would. The rate at which the county has became a wild west / gta online is the problem here, not the robberies itself. At this point you are safer in Davis than in Sandy Shores. Thats bad, even under your logic.

9 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Facts, not forgetting that people get robbed in isolated areas in reality all the time, of course it's excessive in the game because this is a game, you expect people to not weigh in their options and just do something because it's "fun", I've roleplayed for around 50-100 hours in Blaine and I have never been robbed because I understand my environment, I don't go to weird places without people having around me and I keep isolated events in doors.

Would a "rule" be a simpler option? Yes, but it'll never work, your best course of action is to adapt to your environment.

Edited by Certified Lover Boy Jola
  • Wuhtah locked this topic