Excessive Robberies in Blaine County

Ted

1 minute ago, orca112 said:

There is a difference between "less law in the county and easier targets" and an overall OOC play-to-win mentality to prefer player-wise remote areas that would realistically be crowded from time such as the LS docks area, the county or generally out in public during the early time of the day at broad daylight with less players and thus also less law enforcement on the streets. If you scout out your area, set up ambushes and actively take advantage of the environment realistically (e.g. remote county road) providing proper roleplay, there is no problem. But if you, as a Davis gang banger on an unregistered BF400, zoom out to Sandy Shores to chain rob people at their porch with "/me aims gun, /b /showinv" at broad daylight, it becomes an issue and is pretty much just a straight up play to win mentality to gather assets.

Which is perfectly reportable?

6 minutes ago, Ted said:

There are 71 unanswered reports. Nobody was raising it as an issue when there were 2 pages. Furthermore if we agree it's an issue, then it should be handled in a timely manor.

But does it kill you to wait? Genuinely asking, because if I were to post a report I would just subscribe to it and then pretty much forget about it until it’s handled. I don’t understand the need to have your report answered in hours or days. It’s not as if it obstructs your from playing.

1 minute ago, eTaylor said:

Butt does it kill you to wait Genuinely asking, because if I were to post a report I would just subscribe to it and then pretty much forget about it until it’s handled. I don’t understand the need to have your report answered in hours or days. It’s not as if it obstructs your from playing.

There are people who haven't received a response to their report for over 2 weeks. I don't mind having to wait a bit. I don't think people should be responding with militancy. But if each report is going to sit for weeks before it even BEGINS to be handled, then the issue is going to continue to persist, because the rules aren't being enforced enthusiastically, and people will be less likely to report, because they know it won't change anything any time soon. If staff don't address this issue with vigor, it will continue to persist until they do, and thus, RP quality will continue to diminish. We already see Sandy RPers on this thread talking about "shooting first" because of this. It's a dumb idea that will get them punish, but people feel the need to do so because there isn't an administrative regulation of RP quality in the area. 

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Ted said:

There are people who haven't received a response to their report for over 2 weeks. I don't mind having to wait a bit. I don't think people should be responding with militancy. But if each report is going to sit for weeks before it even BEGINS to be handled, then the issue is going to continue to persist, because the rules aren't being enforced enthusiastically, and people will be less likely to report, because they know it won't change anything any time soon. If staff don't address this issue with vigor, it will continue to persist until they do, and thus, RP quality will continue to diminish. We already see Sandy RPers on this thread talking about "shooting first" because of this. It's a dumb idea that will get them punish, but people feel the need to do so because there isn't an administrative regulation of RP quality in the area. 

But there is administrative regulation on shooting first? 

2 minutes ago, Ted said:

Oh yeah, well then they should just report them and wait half a month for it to be picked up! I'm sure that will be fine!

I mean you’re saying people break rules because there is no fast enforcement. But

you don’t want to shoot first because there’s enforcement. It just seems contradictory to me. If someone robbed me with shit roleplay I’d report it and just forget about it. It’s not like it effects me, I wouldn’t really care what happened with the report anyway. If I get stuff back I’d get it back anyway whether it’s tomorrow or next month. What the admins do is their problem, not mine. It’s also a matter of perspective I suppose because I roleplay in both the county and the city and I never experience this stuff. Sure, I’ve seen idiots on bikes but they take L’s like it’s oxygen.

11 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I mean you’re saying people break rules because there is no fast enforcement. But

you don’t want to shoot first because there’s enforcement. It just seems contradictory to me. If someone robbed me with shit roleplay I’d report it and just forget about it. It’s not like it effects me, I wouldn’t really care what happened with the report anyway. If I get stuff back I’d get it back anyway whether it’s tomorrow or next month. What the admins do is their problem, not mine. It’s also a matter of perspective I suppose because I roleplay in both the county and the city and I never experience this stuff. Sure, I’ve seen idiots on bikes but they take L’s like it’s oxygen.

Ok Taylor, let me explain an incredibly basic concept to you. When things happen, people react to those happenings. Right now, mass robbery is happening. Since admins are more or less, letting it occur, people are reacting to it by also breaking the rules. I don't think that's ok. Just like how I don't think it'd be ok for someone to rob a store because they're poor, but there is a cause and effect to things. I get you like admins and maybe you'll get brownie points for defending them, I certainly commend the staff who take time out of their day to deal with reports, I'm sure it's hard. That doesn't change the fact that things will only get worse if the issue remains unaddressed, and if a report is made and sits idle for weeks, the issue may as well be considered unaddressed . When staff ignore issues, people tend to want to take matters into their own hands, and this will only compound the issue. The solution is to address the issue in a timely manor. In other words Taylor, I'm addressing reality. That doesn't mean I like it.

• Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, Ted said:

Ok Taylor, let me explain an incredibly basic concept to you. When things happen, people react to those happenings. Right now, mass robbery is happening. Since admins are more or less, letting it occur, people are reacting to it by also breaking the rules. I don't think that's ok. Just like how I don't think it'd be ok for someone to rob a store because they're poor, but there is a cause and effect to things. I get you like admins and maybe you'll get brownie points for defending them, I certainly commend the staff who take time out of their day to deal with reports, I'm sure it's hard. That doesn't change the fact that things will only get worse if the issue remains unaddressed, and if a report is made and sits idle for weeks, the issue may as well be considered unaddressed . When staff ignore issues, people tend to want to take matters into their own hands, and this will only compound the issue. The solution is to address the issue in a timely manor. In other words Taylor, I'm addressing reality. That doesn't mean I like it.

Somebody else breaking the rules because someone else did is never excusable and people who do deserve whatever happens to them. It just sound so immature and entitled. And admins have responded to it, they’re literally telling you to report it. I couldn’t care less what admins do or don’t, but people are trying to ban literally all forms of robberies whether they’re good or bad. And every time somebody comes with a solution somebody else comes with an explanation why it doesn’t work without trying. Meanwhile, the suggestion board remains vacant of any suggestions. I tried to organize people to work on something in the other thread and it died overnight. So forgive me when it seems like people just complain for the sake

of complaining. 

13 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Somebody else breaking the rules because someone else did is never excusable and people who do deserve whatever happens to them. It just sound so immature and entitled. And admins have responded to it, they’re literally telling you to report it. I couldn’t care less what admins do or don’t, but people are trying to ban literally all forms of robberies whether they’re good or bad. And every time somebody comes with a solution somebody else comes with an explanation why it doesn’t work without trying. Meanwhile, the suggestion board remains vacant of any suggestions. I tried to organize people to work on something in the other thread and it died overnight. So forgive me when it seems like people just complain for the sake

of complaining. 

I agree, it's not ok for people to respond to the breaking of the rules, by breaking the rules. It is immature. That doesn't mean that it doesn't happen, and it will happen more frequently if the issue isn't addressed, and mere report filing, if those reports sit untouched for weeks, isn't enough to address the issue. I don't have faith that these reports would be handled in a timely manner. Thus, I'm stating, over and over again, that if reports are made they should be handled in a timely manner to nip the issue in the bud. 

I think we are entitled to a functioning and fun server.

Edited by Ted
12 minutes ago, Ted said:

I agree, it's not ok for people to respond to the breaking of the rules, by breaking the rules. It is immature. That doesn't mean that it doesn't happen, and it will happen more frequently if the issue isn't addressed, and mere report filing, if those reports sit untouched for weeks, isn't enough to address the issue. I don't have faith that these reports would be handled in a timely manner. Thus, I'm stating, over and over again, that if reports are made they should be handled in a timely manner to nip the issue in the bud. 

I think we are entitled to a functioning and fun server.

7be.jpg

• Wuhtah locked this topic