Excessive Robberies in Blaine County

Ted

Just now, ThatDutchPerson said:

And thats the whole issue. There is less law in the county than there realisticly would. The rate at which the county has became a wild west / gta online is the problem here, not the robberies itself. At this point you are safer in Davis than in Sandy Shores. Thats bad, even under your logic.

It’s America, it’s a vast open and sparsely populated area. It wouldn’t make sense for there to be a heavy police presence. It’s not like the Netherlands where the government owes you a plethora of unrealistic expectations. It comes with the territory. Again, don’t be an easy target. Traversing both the county and the city I’ve never been successfully robbed, and given I do robberies too I feel like I have an idea what I’m talking about. Learn to fend for yourself, and not rely on police and policy. Comparing it to GTA O is also overdramatized. 

Just now, eTaylor said:

It’s America, it’s a vast open and sparsely populated area. It wouldn’t make sense for there to be a heavy police presence. It’s not like the Netherlands where the government owes you a plethora of unrealistic expectations. It comes with the territory. Again, don’t be an easy target. Traversing both the county and the city I’ve never been successfully robbed, and given I do robberies too I feel like I have an idea what I’m talking about. Learn to fend for yourself, and not rely on police and policy. Comparing it to GTA O is also overdramatized. 

So you are supporting the county to over-militarize itself just because the city gangsters come rolling up in their camaro / lowriders which realisticly cant even drive over dirt/mud?

I gave my two cents, do with it as you like. My point stands.

2 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

So you are supporting the county to over-militarize itself just because the city gangsters come rolling up in their camaro / lowriders which realisticly cant even drive over dirt/mud?

I gave my two cents, do with it as you like. My point stands.

Well, it’s not a competition or an electoral debate so whether your point stands or not is irrelevant. Fact of the matter is that living out by yourself means you need to be self reliant or be supported by a local communal network. This can be friends, family or more commonly through the church. In the game these networks are different but not non existent. I notice you like

to exaggerate a lot, but arming yourself and being aware does significantly improve your life expectancy. I don’t call that over militarization, it’s fact of life in most of rural America. Real life the challenges are different but people adapt. And so people should adapt here as well. The idea of keeping firearms to protect life and property isn’t just for shits and giggles, there are deeply rooted fundamental and systematic reasons for that. 

Just now, eTaylor said:

Well, it’s not a competition or an electoral debate so whether your point stands or not is irrelevant. Fact of the matter is that living out by yourself means you need to be self reliant or be supported by a local communal network. This can be friends, family or more commonly through the church. In the game these networks are different but not non existent. I notice you like

to exaggerate a lot, but arming yourself and being aware does significantly improve your life expectancy. I don’t call that over militarization, it’s fact of life in most of rural America. Real life the challenges are different but people adapt. And so people should adapt here as well. The idea of keeping firearms to protect life and property isn’t just for shits and giggles, there are deeply rooted fundamental and systematic reasons for that. 

In rural america, there is a sheriff which actually responds in a decent amount of time. This response time is double, triple or non excistant at all because the SD is spread thin (as they themselves already said).

Sure, arm yourself up. What if your character cant afford that?

Sure, network. Shit, Im now stuck with “protection”.

These “solutions” only make the problems worse.

20 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

In rural america, there is a sheriff which actually responds in a decent amount of time. This response time is double, triple or non excistant at all because the SD is spread thin (as they themselves already said).

Sure, arm yourself up. What if your character cant afford that?

Sure, network. Shit, Im now stuck with “protection”.

These “solutions” only make the problems worse.

In rural America, there is a Sheriff. A sheriff who’s response time to a life threatening situation can vary from 10 to 60 minutes. This includes rural California. Police response times vary significantly, but overal the reliance of emergency response is poor. You don’t bet your life on 911 if you live out in the sticks.

Everyone can afford a gun, they’re more accessible than the free healthcare we have. And networking doesn’t get you stuck with “protection”, but I presume you have a different visualization of what I mean. I don’t see any problems, I see solutions. Improvise, adapt and overcome. If you can’t that’s okay. But then live in the city next to a police station and stay inside. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Moonsong said:

I would highly encourage players to report these cases when they happen because if you don't and instead come on to the forums to complain about unrealistic robberies, nothing is going to change. It needs to be reported for us to take action.

Are you going to handle the reports if they come, or will they continue to pile onto the massive pile of unanswered reports?

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
20 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Does it kill you to wait?

There are 66 unanswered reports. Nobody was raising it as an issue when there were 2 pages. Furthermore if we agree it's an issue, then it should be handled in a timely manor.

Edited by Ted
66 unanswered reports mb
  • Upvote 1

There is a difference between "less law in the county and easier targets" and an overall OOC play-to-win mentality to prefer player-wise remote areas that would realistically be crowded from time such as the LS docks area, the county or generally out in public during the early time of the day at broad daylight with less players and thus also less law enforcement on the streets. If you scout out your area, set up ambushes and actively take advantage of the environment realistically (e.g. remote county road) providing proper roleplay, there is no problem. But if you, as a Davis gang banger on an unregistered BF400, zoom out to Sandy Shores to chain rob people at their porch with "/me aims gun, /b /showinv" at broad daylight, it becomes an issue and is pretty much just a straight up play to win mentality to gather assets.

Edited by orca112
  • Upvote 3
  • Wuhtah locked this topic