Excessive Robberies in Blaine County

Ted

1 minute ago, Dustyboi said:

I think blaine should have certain rules with open carrying on your own property. Like if you're sitting on your property with a shotgun at night, it shouldn't be a big issue and might prevent people from choosing you or those around you as a target. ON YOUR PROPERTY

dude thats already legal

25 minutes ago, Marty said:

I thought there was supposed to be the Sheriff's Department who is supposed to be more active in the county and have people actively patrolling it? /shrug

Kind of true considering I see tactical Sheriff patrol units every hour of the day in Davis.

Militancy, in my context, wasn't "shooting first". It would involve pressing people if they're not local, unless they have a good reason to be at a location such as a bar. But, to be mindless wandering around on a bike? Press them while /READY/ to shoot. Make them be fearful of the area that they're mindlessly "cruising" in, just as you wouldn't mindlessly cruise through Davis and park up your vehicle by the L.T.D.... people fear the L.T.D. for a reason.

EDIT: Not advocating for metagaming, just listing a realistic response to these robberies... it can be both an O.O.C. and I.C. issue. O.O.C.ly report those type of players, but I.C.ly react to these mass-robberies, realistically. Great for regional development. If your character wouldn't even defend themselves with a firearm? Then, petition for more S.D. presence in the Blaine County area, specifically within certain hot-spots.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

People pretty much go to blaine county for robberies, its kinda stupid tbh. Nobody in their right mind's gonna drive out to the desert to pull a robbery, unless its a more serious type of robbery where we plan to take something big from someone (Like robbing a rival dealer or something)

Edited by Garras Up
2 hours ago, Marty said:

I thought there was supposed to be the Sheriff's Department who is supposed to be more active in the county and have people actively patrolling it? /shrug

The Sheriff's Department has less members than the Police Department and way more area to cover, including the city. On top of that, you can't physically patrol the whole county - was watching a video the other day of a robbery happening on a side road by a mountain in the county and trust me, there's no way in hell that a Sheriff's unit was even able to pass by that area at that time. It's the same in the city, the possibility that a police car will stumble upon a robbery that happens out of the public eye is minimal. In the county, however, the number of places that are out of the public eye is drastically increased. Even if a Sheriff's unit passes by an active robbery, they can't just stop and 'check it out', unless the robbery is obvious, otherwise it would be considered metagaming (since the police don't virtually stop and check out every single person or group of people to make sure they're fine).

On top of everything, patrolling the county is usually boring. That's because most people spend time in a small area (the city), while few people are scattered around a way larger area, some of which are inside, some of which are AFK, some of which aren't necessarily doing anything. Yes, it's very normal to not want to do something that's boring. On an OOC level, we're all here to roleplay and to have fun and logging in night after night to drive alone for 2 hours and maybe stumble upon something is not really incentivizing.

• Wuhtah locked this topic