Blaine County & It's portrayal (?)

marbella mondays

Just now, Henning said:

If one person smells a smoke, there might be a fire.

If a whole bunch of people smell smoke, they're is most likely is a fire.

Assuming everyone who see's an issue have to be "city folk" doesn't mean their isn't an issue. People have provided examples of the RP in question along with examples of what they believe should be more common place. Contrary to what your saying, multiple people who responded in the first few pages are or were members of SD. Who last time I check are responsible for Blaine County.

You simply stating "I play out in the county and this isn't true!" doesn't hold up against actual evidence.

My post with those quotes was removed. Weird.

Im not contributing to this thread anymore. Posts are being removed which means.. I'll shut up.

I still stand firmly that what is beign described here is a mere minority of players in Blaine.

Bye.

2 hours ago, Henning said:

If one person smells a smoke, there might be a fire.

If a whole bunch of people smell smoke, they're is most likely is a fire.

Assuming everyone who see's an issue have to be "city folk" doesn't mean their isn't an issue. People have provided examples of the RP in question along with examples of what they believe should be more common place. Contrary to what your saying, multiple people who responded in the first few pages are or were members of SD. Who last time I check are responsible for Blaine County.

You simply stating "I play out in the county and this isn't true!" doesn't hold up against actual evidence.

Bolding to highlight, but if your "actual evidence" is just personal accounts and screenshots of one character, then by definition similar accounts that differ would hold equal weight, right? Otherwise you're just being dismissive of someone else's opinion on the topic, in a thread that isn't bashing, which means differing opinions should welcomed, right? 

I don't know your personal experience with Blaine County, nor rural areas in general, but in my own experience the occasional apostrophe is a lot more familiar to me than anything such as "upnods", "bops a nod", "downs a nod", "bet", "slaps it up" or similar. And yet, when I go to the city, I just RP my character's mild confusion and continue onwards, because I'm sure these are normal phrases for other people. 

Blaine is very diverse. I roleplay a Blaine County businessman who is educated and tries to be involved in community in a positive way. There are a few other very regular and normal people that you would find in the countryside. There are some rednecks too, but I would say they are minority. If you drive to Sandy, you will most likely see stereotypical 'locals' standing by the shop who are poor, uneducated working class people. 

1 hour ago, ScurviedNinja said:

Bolding to highlight, but if your "actual evidence" is just personal accounts and screenshots of one character, then by definition similar accounts that differ would hold equal weight, right? Otherwise you're just being dismissive of someone else's opinion on the topic, in a thread that isn't bashing, which means differing opinions should welcomed, right? 

I don't know your personal experience with Blaine County, nor rural areas in general, but in my own experience the occasional apostrophe is a lot more familiar to me than anything such as "upnods", "bops a nod", "downs a nod", "bet", "slaps it up" or similar. And yet, when I go to the city, I just RP my character's mild confusion and continue onwards, because I'm sure these are normal phrases for other people. 

SVYGrJR.png

This was compiled in less than ten minutes from 13 different active local members in Sandy Shores.

Roleplayed in Sandy Shores back in May, only thing I saw was overly racist ''Yee-haw feller get off my lawn'' type of roleplayers that use tough guy walk and only go to bars. Over the course of a month not only did I notice how one-sided a lot of the RP was, but also how a lot of the things were run. I've on multiple occasions seen terrible OOC attitude and I've heard multiple people accuse certain individuals of OOC deals, but when they were encouraged to report the issue, they saw it as ''snitching'' and outright refused to. A weird mentality that I still don't get. 

Either way, I also saw some good RP from people back in the day, and I'm sure that ever since more factions have popped up around the Blaine County area it has only contributed to RP and there's much more to do but I have yet to build up the courage to go back there after the mental scar I got from a month in there. Simply not for me, I saw more trolls in Sandy Shores over the course of a month than I've seen in the city over the course of 6 months. 

I hope that's not the case anymore and I truly appreciate anyone in Blaine County that contributes to the roleplay up there.

EDIT: Found this screenshot from my last week in Sandy Shores, I laugh at it to this day.
unknown.png

Edited by nateX
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Toast666 said:

SVYGrJR.png

This was compiled in less than ten minutes from 13 different active local members in Sandy Shores.

Seems like some of these people used South Park's satirical rednecks as their basis for their characters. However, personally? I've never experienced it, but that's not to say I don't believe it exists, people don't seem to understand that just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. That's not to say all Sandy RP is like this, it's not, I've had some great interactions and of course, some not so great ones.

I believe it would be of great assistance if anyone from Rural California or similar areas could compile a single guide or something similar on how to portray it properly.

Honestly, it shouldn't really matter which exact places Rockstar took inspiration from to make Blaine County. All it really matters is that Blaine County is set in the Californian countryside... And yet some fail to get that.
As many many before me have said, it all falls down under ppl not bothering to actually dig in through the stuff they wanna get portray, and learn about it.

Sure, you can get that "they aren't native to Blaine" argument out... But are you really telling me that all of the Texarkana population decided to immigrate to the west like they're some Zebra herd in Africa? If so, then that's crazy, Discovery Channel should start looking into this.

Also very funny how the ppl who cry that Blaine County community is being generalized into a stereotypical mess also go over to generalize the Los Santos community into another stereotypical mess.

• Upvote 4
  • Moonsong locked and unlocked this topic