Blaine County & It's portrayal (?)

marbella mondays

5 minutes ago, Akali said:

I think now you finally realised that when I generalised three characteristics of the server, that was the perfect example of what 'Yew' are doing. 🙂

People in the communities you talk about condemn the unrealistic behavior of the people you describe. Why aren't you able to for the unrealistic behavior in yours? 

1 minute ago, Gall said:

There are Southern people on this thread making it very clear that nobody talks like that in their hometown.

I think it's pretty pointless to harp on this. As someone who lives in the South, I have indeed met people who talk exactly like this. Are they the majority? No, but they're around. Anecdotal stuff be like that sometimes.

37 minutes ago, Akali said:

Nobody besides the staff have the right to dictate what others can roleplay, how they portray their character and what location to interact in. If you can't get behind that, maybe that's more a 'Yew' problem than it is a 'We' problem. 

That would be the case if;

1) Factions were not being denied for being unrealistic/not having an existence in Cali, for example, I can use what you just said and make Zoe Pound in Davis or The Woos in Vinewood, but I can't because I would get penalized for it, as this is what happed to the people who tried to roleplay GD's in South Central. Why would you be allowed to roleplay a bunch of Texan natives? That's a double standard.

2) Your roleplay has to be realistic, roleplaying a cowboy in Sandy Shores isn't. It just shows favoritism, because we're defending this and rejecting anything similar to it.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Gall said:

I think it's been noted several times that this isn't a broad generalization by different people. Refer to the screenshot below, for example.

image.thumb.png.b6b58002b50b75b247e1684b20acf6b4.png

This isn't just about people talking and acting like hicks. Even then, it's far from a baseless argument. Here's a good example that was posted earlier:

6X9IT8Q.png

It's also the fact that people moving from Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas and other Southern States to Sandy Shores isn't exactly feasible. As mentioned previously, nobody would invest the money, time and paperwork to settle down in the most rundown section of San Andreas. It's unrealistic , perhaps you could refer to the previous page for the sketch I drew on the U.S. map. The concern is that it's a very plaguing trend and there's a distinctive lack of research put into proper character portrayal and character presentation. There are Southern people on this thread making it very clear that nobody talks like that in their hometown.

It’s predominantly the setting, you have GTA V to blame for that. It’s not going to change anytime soon either, people like doing that stuff. It’s important to remember that people like to have fun too, and that characters generally are a bit non-standard. These are fads, they come and go. But nothing is as boring as roleplaying a bland no yee and no hawing Orange County jackass that wants to tell everybody about his organic farm. 

4 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

But nothing is as boring as roleplaying a bland no yee and no hawing Orange County jackass that wants to tell everybody about his organic farm. 

If people are going to RP something, they should do it properly. A bunch of southerners moving to literally, the POOREST part of San Andreas makes 0 sense. Their money, would be saved up, and if wanted to be in the country, they'd be in Paleto Bay which is a mid-end town at least. Grapeseed is the heart of where ORGANIC farming would take place, but instead it reminds me of the cornfields in the southern parts of the US.

I'll also add on, that Bombay Beach is a town ridden of Crystal Meth irl. Rednecks there are little to nonexistent. 

EDIT: https://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandculture/article/11857/1/bombay-beach

DD: What is the community like there?
Alma Har'el: 
It reminds me of the experience I had growing up in Israel, oblivious to the conflicts that informed it, and yet thrust into a life that calls to embrace the violence with the love, the sorrow with the joy — that also typified my personal family life. This feeling of being thrust into this quirky, scary, macabre and celebratory core of life, was what I tried to capture in the movie. The community there is often noted whenever people want to talk about the crystal meth operations in the desert. There’s a lot of drugs and alcoholism in the Salton Sea area but the film is actually about the other types of people that live there. Those who are caught between the American dream and the American nightmare.

Edited by bidi bidi bom bom
15 minutes ago, Queen said:

I think it's pretty pointless to harp on this. As someone who lives in the South, I have indeed met people who talk exactly like this. Are they the majority? No, but they're around. Anecdotal stuff be like that sometimes.

Doesn't mean that we have to roleplay it, same with the millions of other things that we can't/are not allowed roleplay,

Edited by Certified Lover Boy Jola
  • Moonsong locked and unlocked this topic