Blaine County & It's portrayal (?)

marbella mondays

If you wish to change the current roleplay in Blaine I would suggest you put the work in, roleplay how you want to roleplay and let others do the same. Not all characters are Blaine locals, some are from other parts of America and have moved there. 

Lead by example and if your roleplay is good enough and fun I'm sure people will follow suit. 

Edit: Not every person from LA is a gangbanger or a mall rat, but people roleplay how they want to roleplay. Why does no one roleplay your typical 9-5 office job worker who gets home and watches TV for 8 hours then does it all over again? Because it's not fun, just roleplay those types of people live there too.

Edited by Slappy

LA (The city that LS is loosely based on.) is filled to the brim with people who were not in fact born in LA. People from all over the country, actually. It'd be safe to say, the outskirts of LA, or anywhere towards what you could call "country area" would also have people from a few different places. This, would logically lead to the argument that... Maybe, just maybe. It's OK that people's characters are not from LS. I think there's a good mix of people born in LS, and people who have moved there.

It does seem like the people in question are intentionally trying to get the topic locked. I may be mistaken.

Either way, please keep it civil. The issue at hand doesn't brush over the entirety of Sandy Shores, it concerns the specific groups of people who actually act like hicks, rednecks and cowboys. TYPICALLY, those getting quite defensive on the thread are the ones who act that way.

Just now, Montana Fats said:

I roleplay a "City Slicker," and I have to say I enjoy the Roleplay I get when I vist his friends in Sandy more than I do in Los Santos. Something about Blaine just has quality imo. I haven't had a problem with anything.

It’s the setting, it’s isolated and desolate. It requires a level of creativity to keep it interesting, and that’s what you’re seeing. You see that in the city too but because it’s quantity over quality there you don’t see it as much. At the same time, the bad also stands out more in the desert. Since I’ve played Cyberpunk I can’t help but draw parallels between Night City and the Badlands.

4 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Seriously, people here just assume everyone in Blaine County roleplays as some hillybilly while this is simply not the case.

If one person smells a smoke, there might be a fire.

If a whole bunch of people smell smoke, they're is most likely is a fire.

5 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

given I roleplay there, unlike the city folk in here complaining.

Assuming everyone who see's an issue have to be "city folk" doesn't mean their isn't an issue. People have provided examples of the RP in question along with examples of what they believe should be more common place. Contrary to what your saying, multiple people who responded in the first few pages are or were members of SD. Who last time I check are responsible for Blaine County.

You simply stating "I play out in the county and this isn't true!" doesn't hold up against actual evidence.

• Upvote 1
  • Moonsong locked and unlocked this topic