Blaine County & It's portrayal (?)

marbella mondays

8 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Is this a documented statistic or are you just making up numbers here? 

I won't derail the thread but in modern day America lesbian/gay couples aren't some myth, if anything openly gay people are probably at the highest they've ever been in American history - think we have a ton more pressing issues to deal with first though, lesbians are the very least of GTAW's problems (if a problem at all).  

Of course, I simply meant to say that a lot of things are not proportional to reality.

Hot take - the portrayal in Blaine County, or lack thereof even, is the fact that half of the properties aren't even used. They're owned by stupid mallrats with sports cars and three houses who sit there and F5 the map.gta.world page over and over until they see a property go up on the server.

Friend of mine was going to buy an Algonquin trailer in Sandy Shores and got beaten to the punch by two city people in a fucking Drafter. The driver attempted to buy the house, couldn't because he had TWO PROPERTIES ALREADY, and had his friend do it instead. What a fucking joke. You know for a fact they're gonna wait two weeks then sell it for 100K because of how many people just want to legitimately roleplay in the county.

Edited by Dom.
2 hours ago, Dom. said:

fact that half of the properties aren't even used. They're owned by stupid mallrats with sports cars and three houses

I have no intention of derailing the topic of the thread, but this is 100% a problem I've noticed. I don't often bring it up, but it's gotten to the point where roughly 70% of the homes owned by people in Paleto Bay\Sandy Shores and outlying Blaine county areas; the actual houses, not camping vans, are indeed people who have jobs in the city and spend most of their RP in the city. 

As well as owning a home in Blaine, they've got a flat\apartment in the city.

6 hours ago, RSanders said:

I have no intention of derailing the topic of the thread, but this is 100% a problem I've noticed. I don't often bring it up, but it's gotten to the point where roughly 70% of the homes owned by people in Paleto Bay\Sandy Shores and outlying Blaine county areas; the actual houses, not camping vans, are indeed people who have jobs in the city and spend most of their RP in the city. 

As well as owning a home in Blaine, they've got a flat\apartment in the city.

I'd you think this is the case, you can always report the property owner to PM and they will take a look into it. 

OT: I don't really care as much how exactly people roleplay their characters in the county as long as it is not completely off track. Most interactions I had in the county were pleasant and felt natural for a small town community or generally 'County people'. 

I mean.. if people wanna go with their "yeaawwwwehhhaa" thing, by all means..you always hear about a hill-billy or two in the county side, you always got some of them, they weren't maybe born in the county, but they could of migrated over ,so to speak. In my opinion, Blaine County is one of the coolest spots to role-play at, specially when they had the hunting script out in mountains & meat factory, it was pretty nice to see people get into their como-clothing, go out in trucks and hunt some deers. It was just a nice sight, patriotism and all that. Same with Paleto Bay, it was super cute town, had neat people in it doing farmer role-play and such (even back when we only hit 60-80 people, Paleto was pretty active and brought a lot on the table). Not exactly sure how it is now, but you can't get rid of players who go different perspectives on the county role-play, its just difficult to force things down players throat , if they wish to role-play a redneck and have that hill-billy speech, its their right to do so..and lets be honest, Blaine County only has few "civilized" places to hang out, Sandy shores for example, in my opinion..its the white-crackheads land. Trailer park trash and all that. 

On 1/8/2021 at 2:52 AM, Dom. said:

Hot take - the portrayal in Blaine County, or lack thereof even, is the fact that half of the properties aren't even used. They're owned by stupid mallrats with sports cars and three houses who sit there and F5 the map.gta.world page over and over until they see a property go up on the server.

Friend of mine was going to buy an Algonquin trailer in Sandy Shores and got beaten to the punch by two city people in a fucking Drafter. The driver attempted to buy the house, couldn't because he had TWO PROPERTIES ALREADY, and had his friend do it instead. What a fucking joke. You know for a fact they're gonna wait two weeks then sell it for 100K because of how many people just want to legitimately roleplay in the county.

This is a good point. If you look at the actual portrayal of the region in GTA 5 singleplayer, you see it's full of entirely hillbillies or people who would otherwise be out of place in a city setting. If people really want a crackdown on the quality of RP in Blaine County, a rule that requires your character's existence in a filthy trailer park or rural house to make sense would be appreciated. 

On 1/8/2021 at 9:52 AM, Dom. said:

Report it if you see this.

• Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...

I always thought the big problem was the statwh-.. Real Estate Agents owning 2/3 of the properties in the country.

I've been roleplaying for a few years here and I bought a camper purely because I cannot find any affordable place. Cheapest I ever had was when I got lucky and got a trailer in Stab City for a HUNDRED grand, only to find out the rest are all sold but unused.

• Applaud 1
  • 4 months later...