Blaine County & It's portrayal (?)

marbella mondays

On 12/22/2020 at 8:14 PM, ThatDutchPerson said:

We could go on for hours about that, like how Blaine has a far less lesbian population than the city has (which is probably around 80% of females).

Isn't one of your chars also part of that %?

Anyways. This thread is in a constant loop of people saying the same stuff over and over.

clear as daylight that some people refuse to admit that blaine community needs a change as much as the ls one.

hell the entire community needs a change of attitude.

Edited by DirtyVago
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2
42 minutes ago, DirtyVago said:

hell the entire community needs a change of attitude.

This is such a trite and empty statement, though. Like, you could slap this down on either side of the argument and be 'right'.

Mostly I'm just tired of these bitch threads that try to single out either a very specific group of role-players or something amorphous to the point of meaninglessness. What is a Blaine County role-player? Am I one because I stop there whenever I ride out to check out the businesses? Is it the people who own those businesses? Only the homeowners? Do I have to fill out a punchcard to qualify, and if so, where do I get one?

These topics never elevate beyond a fingerpoint and a "I don't like this.", and either people join in with the pointing or others disagree that it's an issue. And what, honestly, is the server management meant to do, anyway? What ostensible solution is there here? Do you think Nervous & Co. are going to go out and hire professional role-players to fill out these supposed problem areas?

Seriously, if what you're seeing or experiencing can't be posted here because it doesn't violate any of the things you see here, then you're the problem or you're on the wrong server, because that person isn't doing anything wrong. You're free to continue disliking it, but that doesn't change that you're the one making a problem out of it.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2
1 minute ago, Exploits said:

What is a Blaine County role-player? Am I one because I stop there whenever I ride out to check out the businesses? Is it the people who own those businesses? Only the homeowners?

Someone who RP's the distance from LS in a way that would make him only visit local venues in Blaine County.

2 minutes ago, Tr1bal said:

Someone who RP's the distance from LS in a way that would make him only visit local venues in Blaine County.

So somebody whose entire social circle, faction, home, and business is within Blaine County that does not 'RP the distance' is not a 'Blaine County role-player'? Thanks for clarifying, I guess. That we're 18 pages in and providing another definition just reinforces how dumb this bickering is, and I'm going to assume that even those of you in agreement that the county has 'issues' are probably all complaining about different people.

So somebody whose entire social circle, faction, home, and business is within Blaine County that does not 'RP the distance' is not a 'Blaine County role-player'? Thanks for clarifying, I guess. That we're 18 pages in and providing another definition just reinforces how dumb this bickering is, and I'm going to assume that even those of you in agreement that the county has 'issues' are probably all complaining about different people.

Your entire social circle can't be within Blaine County when you spend 60 % of your time in Los Santos city.

3 minutes ago, Tr1bal said:

Your entire social circle can't be within Blaine County when you spend 60 % of your time in Los Santos city.

Where do you pull these numbers and assumptions from? Who are you talking about? This is what I mean. No offense to you directly, but there's nothing to engage in here. All we're going to conclude upon is your opinion of what fits a made-up category. Even if we all agreed, I'd still think this whole thing is pointless nonsense.

Edited by Exploits

Where do you pull these numbers and assumptions from? Who are you talking about? This is what I mean. No offense to you directly, but there's nothing to engage in here. All we're going to conclude upon is your opinion of what fits a made-up category.

These numbers are pulled from the countless hours of standing alone in front of the Sandy Shores 24/7 plus careful observation of Blaine based faction threads over the last 2.5 years. I only answered because you used a question mark and it was the only part of your emotionally fueled text I could engage with.

4 minutes ago, Tr1bal said:

These numbers are pulled from the countless hours of standing alone in front of the Sandy Shores 24/7 plus careful observation of Blaine based faction threads over the last 2.5 years. I only answered because you used a question mark and it was the only part of your emotionally fueled text I could engage with.

Neat! Then I'm sure there's a list of names and totally legitimate grievances you could post to the report player thread and help us make the server better. 🙂

Edited by Exploits