SAPR should change to SAHP. Here are some reasons why.

TommyX

2 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Now I wonder why does SD need automatic corruption perms then, hm?

They do to the point of minor offenses, such as moderate overuse of force etc. Everything else that would actually constitute corruption still needs to have to be approved by faction leadership.

There is a lot of oversight to ensure that corruption isn't "misused", because a lot of things require OOC consent by the other involved parties: things such as fabricating charges (actual fabrication and not someone crying about getting 2 evading charges "wrongfully"), planting drugs etc. and if things are brought to the attention of the faction leadership, it's handled accordingly. When I was still running Internal Affairs, there has been instances when we forwarded reports that were submitted IC to the faction leadership for an OOC review to ensure they're in line with the corruption rules and to see if the individuals had been granted permission.

That's how it was when I was still in the faction at least, but I doubt that's changed a great deal.

I recently joined the PR discord in search for something unrelated and in there, the disclaimer message clearly expressed that they do not want to act as a third LEO agency, so the transfer of members would be tricky. Also, knowing how most people flee regardless of the offence, you’ll end up with chases leaving the highways and ending up in the city with three LEO agencies standing on the curb shooting the shit or arguing over jurisdiction.

Cool suggestion though and I’d love to see Sheriffs implement divisions for highways, parks and even coroners.

Does the SD department have a traffic unit like PD does? If so, there u go, highway patrol. If SAPR is split, then I see that as being the ultimate solution. Give people a division in an LEO agency to do their highway duties and solely focus on that (without needed to create new material, "new" faction, organize how that'd interact with others etc. When this issue shows its not uniform. 

I hope FM see this and see that niche factions need dev updates. nothing bad about the current focuses, just don't forget the lil guys, they need cool new stuff too once in a while to help bolster their niche concept. 

5 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Okay, I take that back. Now I wonder why does SD need automatic corruption perms then, hm? Something that is given to them once they are out of probie stage and no one checks if they don't abuse it in non-ic ways? You think 100% of the department irl is corrupt? Not the case. This needs to change if I am honest, where people need good IC reasons and background story to give them those perms, yet, here, no need for it whatsoever. 

Biggest issue no one checks if this permission is not abused to the point where it breaks server-rules, and trust me, if there is a way to abuse something humans will abuse it.

This is a suggestion about some sort of reform happening to SAPR where it turns into the SAHP, not the LSSD.

Your hard-on for the faction is evident, misinformed and dangerous.

Faction members and their role-play is checked and ensured to be in line with the mission statement of the faction. 

Moderate levels of corruption, with clear and specific guidelines, are provided for all faction members if they wish to do. If they don't want to, they don't have to. Not everyone wants to play a totally by the book Deputy, and in a place mirroring LA County, in an agency mirroring the LASD, that's OK.

As for the suggestion itself, I don't see any benefit from changing the SAPR to the SAHP, closing down SAPR to open SAHP, or having SAHP alongside SAPR. These changes would feel cosmetic at best and would not address any core issues (not that I even see any).

The role-play SAPR provides is commendable. The people that interact with them have nothing but good things to say; my personal interactions with them have been nothing but positive, and the people that enjoy that "slower paced" LEO role should have the right to do what they want to do.

Edited by raymond harley
  • Upvote 3

Okay, but why were they given permission to pull people over outside national parks? Clearly responsibility of SD.

Because they are POLICE OFFICERS. STATE POLICE Officers, to be exact. If you want realism, SAPR should have more jurisdiction than both the LSPD & LSSD combined, as it's exactly like that IRL. Ontop of that, because the SD was ignoring the county like the plague, theres a reason it was riddled with street racing and crime for months before SAPR was even thought of, lol.

e9ed940269ec6ac563ced98301bd40af.png

-------------------

-----------------------

e155802453c7b00db04952e494f0c398.png

-----------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------

766163bf438d4b3dbcee293bb83095e2.png

Do you expect POLICE OFFICERS to just ignore crime because it's not in a park? Oh please.

"Sorry, I know that guy just murdered 5 people, but it's not in a park so I cant act upon the OATH I SWORE TO THIS COUNTRY"

Give it a rest.

SAPR has been treated like dirt by the general community ever since it started and it's disgusting. Every chance y'all get, y'all complain and complain and complain about NOTHING. Ever since the faction first started, they've been treated so unfairly by everyone, heavy restrictions & just constant unfair bullshit thrown at them at a near daily basis.

The only reason nobody is speaking out about it is because they CANT. In fear of receiving server punishment. For example, I got forcefully demoted on an OOC basis because I publicly criticized how the faction was being treated unfairly, but since I no longer play GTAW, I dont care anymore, the time for silence is over, the time for taking it on the chin and just accepting it is over. SAPR is a great faction, and its fucking DISGUSTING how this community treats them on a daily basis. 

Edited by PeopleKind
  • Applaud 1

So, you claim that coming to a PEACEFUL protest in full riot gear in mass numbers is okay, cause that's something SD done recently. I would understand being around the block in full riot gear, but coming out, standing infront of the protesters who peacefully do so just to intimidate? I see it a problem.

Have you ever thought about dealing with this in character? This, once again, is simply an in character thing, and we, SD, had reasons for it, just because it’s not openly justified it doesn’t mean there isn’t a reason, there’s just simply no need to explain.

• Upvote 1

So, you claim that coming to a PEACEFUL protest in full riot gear in mass numbers is okay, cause that's something SD done recently. I would understand being around the block in full riot gear, but coming out, standing infront of the protesters who peacefully do so just to intimidate? I see it a problem.

Name one time in the entirety of GTAW's history where a "PEACEFUL PROTEST" was actually PEACEFUL & not just used as an excuse for the DM happy trolls to attack cops & cause chaos without being punished. I'll wait.

🤣

i have a better idea

there is no RP for you? Close the faction, join PD or SD instead of pushing your own private faction that had no reason to exist  to begin with.

i can already see all the patrol vehicles on the highway waiting for people to speed so they can finally do something.

Edited by Ohngesicht
  • Upvote 4