SAPR should change to SAHP. Here are some reasons why.

TommyX

On 3/23/2023 at 7:06 AM, PeopleKind said:

Because they are POLICE OFFICERS. STATE POLICE Officers, to be exact. If you want realism, SAPR should have more jurisdiction than both the LSPD & LSSD combined, as it's exactly like that IRL. Ontop of that, because the SD was ignoring the county like the plague, theres a reason it was riddled with street racing and crime for months before SAPR was even thought of, lol.

e9ed940269ec6ac563ced98301bd40af.png

-------------------

-----------------------

e155802453c7b00db04952e494f0c398.png

-----------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------

766163bf438d4b3dbcee293bb83095e2.png

Do you expect POLICE OFFICERS to just ignore crime because it's not in a park? Oh please.

"Sorry, I know that guy just murdered 5 people, but it's not in a park so I cant act upon the OATH I SWORE TO THIS COUNTRY"

Give it a rest.

SAPR has been treated like dirt by the general community ever since it started and it's disgusting. Every chance y'all get, y'all complain and complain and complain about NOTHING. Ever since the faction first started, they've been treated so unfairly by everyone, heavy restrictions & just constant unfair bullshit thrown at them at a near daily basis.

The only reason nobody is speaking out about it is because they CANT. In fear of receiving server punishment. For example, I got forcefully demoted on an OOC basis because I publicly criticized how the faction was being treated unfairly, but since I no longer play GTAW, I dont care anymore, the time for silence is over, the time for taking it on the chin and just accepting it is over. SAPR is a great faction, and its fucking DISGUSTING how this community treats them on a daily basis. 

Just to point something out. Technically all sworn LEOs in California are sworn at the "state" level, meaning your status as a peace officer doesn't simply disappear because you happen to be in another agency's primary jurisdiction. So even if you're a cop from a small town on the far end of whatever county and you happen to witness a crime after dropping someone off at the county jail, far outside of your normal jurisdiction, you can still intervene and detain that suspect on scene, hence the legality of using units from other towns or counties as "mutual aid". This is not an ability that is totally unique to state agencies like CSP, CHP, California DOJ, or CDCR. And, just because an agency happens to funded and supported by the state, does not mean they simply patrol "anywhere". The state has specific areas in mind they want those agencies to focus on, areas they know are underserved by local agencies, or areas they know they can pull revenue from by issuing tickets (which is the level of interaction most Californians have with CHP). Our highways are busy and truthfully I rarely see CHP outside of them unless they're transporting a suspect somewhere or on a lunch break. There are times they're called in as mutual aid by local agencies, but they spend the vast majority of their time sitting at construction sites on the highway, doing speed traps, and doing traffic investigations for the 9,999th fender bender of the day on I-5. 

Personally, I think for aesthetic reasons it would be cool to see CHP in some capacity, but I also am fearful of what it would turn into in reality. Just like how many rangers have gotten bored with an opted to abandon the parks for the county, I can absolutely see an SAHP faction using every excuse to pile their units up in the city. If it does happen, I don't think it should just be SAPR morphing into SAHP, I think SAHP should be a very small faction (smaller than SAPR) representing a local sub station.

Edited by TheSenate
  • Upvote 1

Just to stoke the fire as far as HAPA goes, I'd offered to rewrite the entire law at no benefit to myself so it made actual sense and was fair, but this was denied by faction leadership and LFM in favour of a prolonged court battle which they tried to stop many times through OOC means and knew they would lose anyway. Even after it was settled my offer to help was still refused 😅

2 hours ago, Intrepid said:

Just to stoke the fire as far as HAPA goes, I'd offered to rewrite the entire law at no benefit to myself so it made actual sense and was fair, but this was denied by faction leadership and LFM in favour of a prolonged court battle which they tried to stop many times through OOC means and knew they would lose anyway. Even after it was settled my offer to help was still refused 😅

Eyyyyup. Hard for Park Rangers to do anything Park Ranger related when the entirety of HAPA was shut down despite only a single part of it being a violation (fishing). Add on the fact that we were told we'd be punished for trying to enforce the parts of HAPA that WERENT deemed illegal or a violation of rights.... Hard for SAPR to do SAPR things when they aren't allowed to do SAPR things.

Cant really blame SAPR for doing more general police duties than Park Rangers related duties when they really aren't able to do Park Ranger related duties due to OOC restrictions.

IMO, OOC Restrictions & Interference in factions needs to stop, because all it does it kill them off. If an issue happens, then go from there, but to nerf things to the ground before issues even arise is just... no.

Edited by PeopleKind
On 3/23/2023 at 1:47 PM, Mecovy said:

I hope FM see this and see that niche factions need dev updates. nothing bad about the current focuses, just don't forget the lil guys, they need cool new stuff too once in a while to help bolster their niche concept. 

SAPR actually have a lot of unique dev stuff already, they have an entire CAD dedicated just for them.

3 minutes ago, FatCatTuxedo said:

SAPR actually have a lot of unique dev stuff already, they have an entire CAD dedicated just for them.

That's not what I was referring too. Ik most of the time when people say "dev" they mean fancy new tools etc. im taking it back to the more literal sense. development of the area in which SAPR roleplay. Development of the state parks/ adding campsites etc would just give everyone more to do and could be a long summer project ready for the autumn. 

idk, the construction site being mapped over has opened pandora's box i'm afraid, endless possibilities with benefits to everyone.

9 hours ago, PeopleKind said:

Eyyyyup. Hard for Park Rangers to do anything Park Ranger related when the entirety of HAPA was shut down despite only a single part of it being a violation (fishing). Add on the fact that we were told we'd be punished for trying to enforce the parts of HAPA that WERENT deemed illegal or a violation of rights.... Hard for SAPR to do SAPR things when they aren't allowed to do SAPR things.

Cant really blame SAPR for doing more general police duties than Park Rangers related duties when they really aren't able to do Park Ranger related duties due to OOC restrictions.

IMO, OOC Restrictions & Interference in factions needs to stop, because all it does it kill them off. If an issue happens, then go from there, but to nerf things to the ground before issues even arise is just... no.

Then that was an issued caused entirely by LFM, gov faction or faction leadership. Neither myself or any of the judiciary actually request for it to be fully suspended, just seemed to be an overreaction.

As you quite rightly said, only certain sections of it were suspended and thats because issues did arise because sections were being enforced without any actual legal mechanism whilst directly contradicting the state constitution (which was "being replaced any day now" for about 10 months and probably still is). This was made quite clear in the court documents.

If you take a look at this court post, I evidence dumped all my OOC messages in relation to this as my case was put on hold on 3 separate occasions without justification, particularly where despite being dragged through all the OOC rubbish I still stated "My offer to assist in rewriting following the conclusion of the case still remains. Thankyou".

I agree that the interference needs to stop, but folks need to realise that the only reason its failing is because of LFM and Dooley's stubbornness to accept help. I even had a draft version of the amendments ready to be sent to someone in the state legislature so that it could be put through ICly, but nope, they wouldn't allow that to happen despite previously allowing myself to write the drug law, and allow legislatively unapproved amendments to SHAFT by myself, Cline and Brett as it was at a point of emergency.

I'm gonna hedge a bet and say the list of aquatic species still isn't a thing more than a year later after I directly sent the exact sources as to where to get them from too?

The reason SAPR is failing is due to OOC actors and quite frankly historic power trippy and stubborn leaders who can't take the slightest bit of criticism. Not sure if thats the case now but it certainly was back then 

• Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
27 minutes ago, Intrepid said:

Then that was an issued caused entirely by LFM, gov faction or faction leadership. Neither myself or any of the judiciary actually request for it to be fully suspended, just seemed to be an overreaction.

As you quite rightly said, only certain sections of it were suspended and thats because issues did arise because sections were being enforced without any actual legal mechanism whilst directly contradicting the state constitution (which was "being replaced any day now" for about 10 months and probably still is). This was made quite clear in the court documents.

If you take a look at this court post, I evidence dumped all my OOC messages in relation to this as my case was put on hold on 3 separate occasions without justification, particularly where despite being dragged through all the OOC rubbish I still stated "My offer to assist in rewriting following the conclusion of the case still remains. Thankyou".

I agree that the interference needs to stop, but folks need to realise that the only reason its failing is because of LFM and Dooley's stubbornness to accept help. I even had a draft version of the amendments ready to be sent to someone in the state legislature so that it could be put through ICly, but nope, they wouldn't allow that to happen despite previously allowing myself to write the drug law, and allow legislatively unapproved amendments to SHAFT by myself, Cline and Brett as it was at a point of emergency.

I'm gonna hedge a bet and say the list of aquatic species still isn't a thing more than a year later after I directly sent the exact sources as to where to get them from too?

The reason SAPR is failing is due to OOC actors and quite frankly historic power trippy and stubborn leaders who can't take the slightest bit of criticism. Not sure if thats the case now but it certainly was back then 

Dooley is not the faction leader of SAPR any longer, and SAPR is also doing very well at the moment.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
29 minutes ago, Intrepid said:

You know full well that when I asked in JSA discord if anyone would be interested in helping us with rewriting certain sections of HAPA, you and poured declined to help. I have not been made aware of any constitutional changes neither by LFM or JSA. And SAPR’s past leadership internally suspended the entirety of HAPA, we’ve continuously stated that it’s only the fishing sections that were struck down. To this day I have not received a single source from you, anyone from JSA or the senate so those lists you’re talking about were probably sent to someone who left the server or something

10 hours ago, PeopleKind said:

Sorry what?

And looking at other comments here. Did people actually go through the entire ruling of that case or did they read 5 words and assume that the entirety of HAPA has been suspended? Because if that is what anyone believes, they should read through the ruling again.

30 minutes ago, H04X said:

You know full well that when I asked in JSA discord if anyone would be interested in helping us with rewriting certain sections of HAPA, you and poured declined to help. I have not been made aware of any constitutional changes neither by LFM or JSA. And SAPR’s past leadership internally suspended the entirety of HAPA, we’ve continuously stated that it’s only the fishing sections that were struck down. To this day I have not received a single source from you, anyone from JSA or the senate so those lists you’re talking about were probably sent to someone who left the server or something

They're quite literally here on this post:

And the rest is in the OOC evidence section for the post I linked in my last reply (the one where I was still waiting for my OOC appeal).

None of your posts in the judiciary discord that I can see reference HAPA and we have no message history so please stop being disingenuous. As far as the state constitution goes, I was told it'd be replaced "within a week" so my point regarding the fishing was null and void. A year on, the old one still remains. 

My messages to poured simply state how ironic it is that after five and a half months of offering to rewrite the law they suddenly decide to get onto it. LFM and faction leadership of both the courts and SAPR were well aware of my open offers to help but I was never contacted and was instead told that it'd be resolved ICly

I'd given multiple resources both publicly and privately to members of LFM - Jimmy and Nightmare specifically as I tried to cooperate without it needing to end in a long court battle but their requests were quite frankly unreasonable, as well as chats with the revolving door of chief justices there were at the time as is very clear in my previous posts, I've got nothing to hide.

You can't blame me for waiting almost half a year to do a single court case and then getting a bit annoyed the second folks ask for help after I leave.

As Bjorn has said above, I'd appreciate it if folks did 10 minutes of reading before pushing the blame onto the one person who wanted to fix the law and gave plentiful resources to try and fix it before it hit melting point.

52 minutes ago, Mediva said:

Dooley is not the faction leader of SAPR any longer, and SAPR is also doing very well at the moment.

If such is the case then surely they can repeal the internal ban on suspending the hunting section of the law and then work with the legislature ICly to fix the fishing section on the plentiful resources that've been provided?

Don't get me wrong, I've no problem with the faction at all, just seems to me that prior leadership loaded a gun, shot themselves in the foot and then are trying to blame others for something that was easily avoidable and had open offers to fix but only allegedly wanted help (seemingly from everyone except me) after it was concluded.

It could've been a great faction, but Dooley (other parts of leadership too, can't recall their names, but I know for a fact one was giving advice to them on the state attorney character which was borderline mixing) and LFM at the time seemingly opted to ostracize the majority of the great folks in the faction who wanted to make positive changes and either kicking them or getting them so burned out they opted to leave.

SAPR can be fixed but it requires that people actually work together and take criticism on the chin rather than being obstructive and bound by self imposed OOC rules.

That's all I'm going to say as I've made my peace with whats been said regarding HAPA. My DMs remain open for any questions or concerns.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1