SAPR should change to SAHP. Here are some reasons why.

TommyX

Disclaimer: First of all, I would like to mention that I believe SAPR is a great faction and has been offering quality roleplay interactions for all players. This discussion is not about the faction's leadership or members, but the change of law enforcement entity.

My opinion is that the San Andreas Park Rangers (SAPR) should be disbanded and replaced with San Andreas Highway Patrol (SAHP), allowing the SAPR faction members to transfer their membership status and keep their position at SAHP. Just like LSPD and LSSD, SAHP would be a faction that takes inspiration from their real-life counterpart, CHP. There is a multitude of reasons why this will be for the better of the server, and the following are some of them.

1. Hunting roleplay is inactive.

It is no secret that nobody really hunts anymore. People were excited when it launched, but now it has died. Some people might hunt once in a while, but generally, it can be considered inactive. San Andreas Park Ranger's primary function is to enforce hunting and fishing law, which, as far as I know, is something that SAPR does not do much anymore simply because the RP surrounding it is not there a lot. And to what I see, SAPR adapts to do more general law enforcement duties that California State Parks Peace Officers would not do, and I do not blame them for it — which is why I suggest it is changed in this thread.

2. The Hunting & Animal Protection Law is suspended and has been for months.

Not only that hunting roleplay is inactive itself, but the laws to enforce it also has been suspended since June 5, 2022, which is almost a year.

3, The presence and mention of San Andreas Highway Patrol as a state agency would be more immersive.

As mentioned, SAPR now pretty much does general law enforcement duties. I believe such duties would be more fitting and immersive to be conducted by San Andreas Highway Patrol. Some duties I am referring to include:

1. Responding to Mutual Aid calls/requests 

We can see examples of CHP assisting LAPD or LASD in real life with a lot of law enforcement duties. It would be more immersive in game having SAHP doing so than SAPR.

2. Responding to 911 calls in Blaine (Sandy / Paleto Bay / Grapeseed)

While LSSD is the main agency to handle those calls, most of sheriff's deputies prefer to RP in the city, as far as I'm aware. SAHP, a state agency, would be able to respond to unincorporated areas in the county. SAHP would be the immersive supplement to the presence of LEOs in Blaine.

3. Enforcing laws on the highways

It clearly would be more immersive to have SAHP for this.

TL:DR / The point of this discussion:

My main point is that I believe SAPR already does pretty much what SAHP would do in terms of their law enforcement duties due to reason 1 and 2 provided, so it would be better to change the faction to SAHP for immersion purposes. It is not particularly because SAHP is "needed".  

I believe this should be discussed for a possible change. Please share your ideas and opinions.

Edited by TommyX
Added TD:LR
  • Upvote 18
  • Applaud 1

Hunting roleplay isn't completely inactive. My character goes hunting with a group a few times a month. Every now and then we come across other hunters as well.

2. The Hunting & Animal Protection Law is suspended and has been for months.

I agree with this. This is the real reason SAPR feels somewhat useless nowadays. The laws weren't perfect and some members of SAPR were taking advantage of it. They promised to rework it but never did.

Don't need a third police faction with a primary function such as that. It oversaturates cop presence vs. everyone else. Park Rangers continues to exist because it serves a niche, the same way Fire Marshals serve theirs.

Join the LSSD or the LSPD if you're unhappy with Parks and the niche they serve.

• Upvote 5
  • Applaud 2
2 minutes ago, liq said:

Don't need a third police faction with a primary function such as that. It oversaturates cop presence vs. everyone else. Park Rangers continues to exist because it serves a niche, the same way Fire Marshals serve theirs.

Join the LSSD or the LSPD if you're unhappy with Parks and the niche they serve.

I'd agree with that, except SAPR is almost like the third faction with primary function now with the little to no niche roleplay as they are supposed to focus on. Unlike SFM, their focus is still on their main purpose.  I've seen SAPR respond to 911 calls and property alarms in county and a lot more. And again, I don't blaim them for it, which is why I believe this change would be for the better.  

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, liq said:

So why do you need Highway Patrol to do the very same thing the Police and Sheriff's Department do? Why is that for the better?

There is no need for it. As mentioned in the original post, I believe SAPR already does what SAHP would do with the mentioned reasons, and so I suggest the agency be changed to SAHP for immersion purposes. If there wasn't SAPR, I wouldn't suggest SAHP. 

SAPR's existence to me was always funny, because the LSSD could've done exactly what SAPR did easily as in real life the LASD have a Parks Bureau which just makes SAPR redundant.

A third LEO faction isn't necessary IMO.