Roleplaying Car Crashes

TommyX

If you think that roleplaying crashes is boring the solution is to stop driving like a maniac, honestly. Also a lot easier to justify that you crashed at 20mph and have a bit of pain in your neck than you crashing at 120 mph and are somehow still among the living.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
3 hours ago, Koko said:

If you think that roleplaying crashes is boring the solution is to stop driving like a maniac, honestly. Also a lot easier to justify that you crashed at 20mph and have a bit of pain in your neck than you crashing at 120 mph and are somehow still among the living.

I'd agree, if it wasn't for the other reasons I exposed earlier in the thread :x I mean, I drive a big-ass redneck truck so even if I wanted to drive like a crazy bitch, I probably wouldn't be able to lol. Even with the pedal pressed down, I'll reach a breezy 60-ish in city center, at most 😛

I'm probably even among the few morons who stop at most red lights, and use blinkers. Didn't prevent me from having either minor solo crashes (pressed "D" for a split second too long: bam, a red light in my face), or having someone else driving on the wrong lane crashing into me. I mean shit, I even got an LSSD car crashing in my back because I stopped at a stop sign in Blaine and /they/ were annoyed at me xD 

So, I wouldn't assume /everyone/ against RP'ing every single car crash drives at 120 mph in Mirror Park, 'cause it's far from the case :x In my case and probably many people's, it's because they genuinely dislike that kind of RP, and find that it wouldn't bring any interesting character development at all, only a waste of everyone's time both IC and OOC'ly 😞 

16 hours ago, Engelbert said:

True, everything above. [...] driving slowly gives your computer and the server enough time to communicate and render the surroundings properly.

Tbh it's part of why I try to drive at a reasonable pace and use the speed limiter all the time. Otherwise, it looks like Elite: Dangerous in 2016, back when you shot other ships in PvP but they took zero damage because the sync was awfully bad.

12 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

I've found calling people out IC on their shit-ass driving is the best approach for curbing shitty driving, at least in the short-term.

It's either that or brake check them, might get you shot though.

https://streamable.com/c6z802

King. 😄 

10 hours ago, Topinambour said:

I'd agree, if it wasn't for the other reasons I exposed earlier in the thread :x I mean, I drive a big-ass redneck truck so even if I wanted to drive like a crazy bitch, I probably wouldn't be able to lol. Even with the pedal pressed down, I'll reach a breezy 60-ish in city center, at most 😛

I'm probably even among the few morons who stop at most red lights, and use blinkers. Didn't prevent me from having either minor solo crashes (pressed "D" for a split second too long: bam, a red light in my face), or having someone else driving on the wrong lane crashing into me. I mean shit, I even got an LSSD car crashing in my back because I stopped at a stop sign in Blaine and /they/ were annoyed at me xD 

I drive a sports car under the server's traffic laws (stop at red lights & stop signs, drive at believable speeds), and have for a good six months, and have yet to experience an accident.

I did, on the other hand, suffer a crash (not even involving another player, I just ate shit) while driving a sports motorbike at dangerous speeds, and I kept my character in a wheelchair, and then crutches for one month (actual IRL time). Why? Because my generally responsible driving had made it so my one crash mattered, and my character underwent surgery and now has a huge metal rod in his leg because in his reality suffering accidents isn´t common, which makes the one he´s involved in fully roleplayable.

• Upvote 1

I usually stop at lights, or slow down enough to make sure nothing's coming. I speed a bit, but usually on the highways or country roads, and very little in the city. I have had no traffic tickets in over a year and a half of playing. Still, I've been in a number of accidents. Some of them were my fault, some very much weren't. Some were just the GTA physics doing its thing.

And while some have been positive in terms of development, and I was going around on crutches for close to a month after a self-inflicted Faggio accident, some I kind of just want to gloss over. Random accidents involving other people's carelessness can be fun to play now and then, but usually they're just a meaningless chore. So, sure, I'll RP them if someone wants to, but I'll usually also do the thing where my character is barely injured and back on her feet soon enough. Having some speeding Comet crash into your character is like random DMing, it generally adds very little.

Edited by peasoup
  • Thanks 1

i drive like I do IRL, safely and with due consideration, everytime I've driven realistically I've been hit by some uncle ben's powered 2 seater with some double nuke inspired homage to speed racer behind the wheel saying i didnt load in for him.... no shit....

i quite literally wouldnt make it anywhere in the city if I had to RP every hit, when getting hit by a car happens almost 7 times a day to a safe driver, no thanks

I love spending my precious free time roleplaying boring car crashes for thirty minutes, def. not a waste of my time! I don't care how unpopular my opinion is among all of you, fact of the matter is that some of us do not have the time to waste thirty minutes roleplaying a car crash. 

I am not going to sympathize with you and pretend to understand where any of you are coming from, it is a waste of time and the least fun you can have on this server. Time should be spent actually enjoying the game, roleplaying and creating interesting experiences for others. I hate mallrats with super cars slamming into people as much as everybody else; which is why I do not want to roleplay collisions with them.

• Upvote 6
  • Wuhtah locked this topic