Roleplaying Car Crashes

TommyX

Nobody roleplays it, they just cry "oh my computer had a glitch" "oh I was lagging" .. etc etc, they act like this is a samp gangwars / cops and robbers server and never want to roleplay minor details even though this is supposed to be a high quality roleplay enviroment. No idea why they even play here instead of going to a server that fits their mindset, the rules are put in place for a reason. 

On 12/14/2021 at 10:31 AM, Mahitto said:

I also think that players should be able to void such crashes themselves, if everyone involved agrees to it.

It could lead to some interesting role-play but usually, for people who are active (thus face a higher risk of being involved in crashes), it's as interested as role-playing being exposed to a body. It's mostly redundant - getting hit, some injuries, get fd down, get to the hospital, get treated, get your car back in 2 hours. There's really no character development stemming from regular car crashes - if there is, or you feel like it'd be good for your character? Then role-play it and the aftermath.

I'm usually a careful driver, it's a nice twist, role-playing some small long-term injuries, but it can become overwhelming and pointless at times.

It's not about character development, it's about roleplaying. This is a roleplay server, if someone can't roleplay something minor such as a car crash, I question why they're even on this server. Is it time consuming? yes, is it fun? no, is this a roleplay server? yes, so they need to suck it up and start roleplaying or simply go to another server that best fits their mindset as I commented above, the rules are put in place for a reason and this is supposed to be a high roleplay quality environment in which even the little details matter. 

1 minute ago, LoLo.Jpg said:

It's not about character development, it's about roleplaying. This is a roleplay server, if someone can't roleplay something minor such as a car crash, I question why they're even on this server. Is it time consuming? yes, is it fun? no, is this a roleplay server? yes, so they need to suck it up and start roleplaying or simply go to another server that best fits their mindset as I commented above, the rules are put in place for a reason and this is supposed to be a high roleplay quality environment in which even the little details matter. 

Role-playing is not about portraying every single meaningless thing about your character. People don't role-play eating multiple times a day, sleeping, going to the bathroom, going grocery shopping, some don't even role-play working and rather focus on specific interactions, and many other examples. And that's perfectly fine. Role-playing is about telling the immersive and realistic story of various characters, from various paths of life, with the good, the bad and the ugly. You don't have to role-play every single small thing and not doing so says absolutely nothing about you.

You won't even realize the amount of times that I've been crashed into while patrolling on. There were times when I was active, 8 hours or so a day, and every day got into at least an almost-fatal car crash and two-three fender benders. I do role-play them, nonetheless, and I don't enjoy them, and they bring absolutely zero character development to any of the characters, most of the times. This is not what this topic was about, though, but rather the ability to self-void some of these meaningless car crashes, especially considering how stupidly easy it is to get into a crash on GTA 5 as compared to real life.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Mahitto said:

Role-playing is not about portraying every single meaningless thing about your character. People don't role-play eating multiple times a day, sleeping, going to the bathroom, going grocery shopping, some don't even role-play working and rather focus on specific interactions, and many other examples. And that's perfectly fine. Role-playing is about telling the immersive and realistic story of various characters, from various paths of life, with the good, the bad and the ugly. You don't have to role-play every single small thing and not doing so says absolutely nothing about you.

You won't even realize the amount of times that I've been crashed into while patrolling on. There were times when I was active, 8 hours or so a day, and every day got into at least an almost-fatal car crash and two-three fender benders. I do role-play them, nonetheless, and I don't enjoy them, and they bring absolutely zero character development to any of the characters, most of the times. This is not what this topic was about, though, but rather the ability to self-void some of these meaningless car crashes, especially considering how stupidly easy it is to get into a crash on GTA 5 as compared to real life.

yourself eating etc doesn't affect other players roleplay though, being in a car crash does though that's the difference. it's not about every small thing, although if my actions / portrayal can affect ANYONE, then it should be fully roleplayed. at least thats my opinion. 

9 minutes ago, LoLo.Jpg said:

yourself eating etc doesn't affect other players roleplay though, being in a car crash does though that's the difference. it's not about every small thing, although if my actions / portrayal can affect ANYONE, then it should be fully roleplayed. at least thats my opinion. 

It's a similar situation to the reaction to seeing a dead body on GTA World. First time, sure - you might be scared, speechless, anxious, or want to throw up. You might panic, look away. You might react in an unexpected way. But then you see another dead body next to it, and then another two hours later, and then you end up seeing dead bodies every hour. The first encounter, or more unique ones, can definitely have an impact on your character. This oversaturation makes it so that they don't really, in general.

In my opinion, it's the same for car crashes. If you haven't been involved in one in a long time and it's something significant or something that you can build on, then sure. If the crash was interesting or major, then sure. But in most cases, everyone involved wants to void it, and the crash is not that interesting. In most cases, these crashes are not something that will have any impact on either character after they go on their ways, it doesn't help anyone's story, and it's just a nuisance that everyone wants to get over with. I'm not saying that people should void them but seeing the current recurring theme, it should be allowed to do so in some cases. If one of the people doesn't want to void it, then don't. If both do, then what's the point?

Edited by Mahitto

A huge amount of times - that thing happened to me. A car spawns right infront of me and I crash into it.

Or a car infront of me gets rubberbanded into me.

RPing  any and all car crashes? Sure. If RageMP didn't have desync issues.

Although I'm a proponent of every RP situation to be void-able if both parties agree to do so.

And before you say 'you can record/submit proof refund request blah blah'.

Think of the following:

1. I won't keep my recording software on every single time I play.

2. I can't always push the record button on time.

3. I can't record all of my rp because it will slow my PC down and I'll waste HDD space.

4. It would be a huge task for admins to review a boatload of requests.

Edited by L33SA5
  • Wuhtah locked this topic