Roleplaying Car Crashes

TommyX

What if we have to roleplay every vehicle collision (unless there is a genuine technical issue)? 

Hello, so this is one of the topic I'm curious what the community thinks. I am aware that it is already not allowed to self-void a vehicle accident/collision per the Common Courtesy rule. But let's be real, it still happens a lot. Most of the times, either party agrees to void because most people just want to get to their destination and continue with their planned roleplay. Personally, I think all vehicle collisions should be roleplayed. I try to roleplay every time I crash into something especially if it's a collision with other players. As a result of that, I have become more attentive to the game on an OOC level; that means, clearing intersections and constantly watching for traffic, etc. At the same time, however, I get that most people don't want to spend half an hour on a scene they do want to be in, and postpone their planned roleplay. 

I would like to know what people think about this, and if admins should strictly enforce the self-voiding rule. 

Edited by TommyX

Most of people cannot control their car straight at higher speed, then you have to consider technical difficulties. Like slow rendering when you drive around busy area or at high speed. Or simply a desync, but many times I seen just people driving like Paul Walker or not paying attention to the road, sometimes both. I rp most of my collisions. 

Edited by Engelbert

It's hard to roleplay *every* crash because some do indeed happen due to desync or lag and some people don't like it when that happens. But, to be honest. Crashes should be roleplayed properly. I've seen people literally roleplay just getting thrown forward in their seat in a major crash and drive off because they don't want to face repercussions of a dangerous driving or endangerment charge. When crashing at 50+ rear ending or front on would probably not be saved by just wearing a seatbelt. 

2 minutes ago, Timzii said:

Its a complete joke when people crash into each other and head straight into /b instead of roleplaying. Apparently 95% of the players suffer from lag and desync only when they get themselves into an MVA. It's a classic. Enforce it.

Its how people drive when on a Xing I often seen others not yielding a single bit, despite me or someone else just crossing the road, either on foot or in a car.

"Failing to roleplay a situation is strictly forbidden. You're expected to be roleplaying at all times, If a player breaks the rule during the situation you must finish the roleplay and report later.  You must also roleplay any injuries that occur to your character or any accidents that happen when driving, even if you are alone."

"failing to roleplay a car crash, unless it was clearly caused due to desync (contact an admin through /report if you wish for a crash to be voided);"

Players caught voiding vehicle collisions by themselves leaves them prone to admin action taken against them as per these rules, unless it was a blatant technical issue.

its your gameplay.. if someone drive into me and they wanna skip im more than happy to I've never called an admin to void that, can spare them that work.

I also prefer to skip 99% of vehicle incidents usually it's not a scene im interested in tbh and it's the cause of someone going fast in a game, its how it is i guess, doesn't bother me..

I'd drive better if there was traffic, but now I might run into stuff because it's a game and I'm not paying as much attention that you would if you were driving irl. Then again I use /taxi alot more than the average player. I'd be exhausting and take a lot of time if you drove around paying attention all the time.

Edited by bricksbricksbricks
  • Wuhtah locked this topic