Character Design & Hiding behind Offensive Roleplay Rules

SCANDALOUZ

7 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Contributes to having to live the effects of being raped. Don't lie to your self and claim that it doesn't. It's just a lack of creativity. 

I honestly dunno man, the graphic content, really do not contribute to anything. I myself have a rape victim character, but how it exactly contributed, I dunno. She was a drug addict even before.

I still don't understand why homicide's permitted but not consensual rape in a mature game, such as this.

I've had many real-life brothers murdered in the streets, by the gun. Should that be banned, too, because of my experiences? Not at all. This is a "Rated M for Mature" game. I purchased this game, knowing very well, that it has gory themes applied to it. If people just learned to separate their O.O.C. self from their I.C. experiences, then this wouldn't be a problem. If underaged people purchased a "Rated-M" game? Then, that's their problem (and their parents problem), not the creator of the game or the players that play the game.

Tons of films feature rape. Imagine buying that film and then complaining to the director that "rape should be removed from it" because it's insensitive? Sounds foolish... shouldn't of purchased the film, in the first place.

Come on...

Edited by DLimit
  • Applaud 1
6 minutes ago, DLimit said:

I still don't understand why homicide's permitted but not consensual rape in a mature game, such as this.

I've had many real-life brothers murdered in the streets, by the gun. Should that be banned, too, because of my experiences? Not at all. This is a "Rated M for Mature" game. I purchased this game, knowing very well, that it has gory themes applied to it. If people just learned to separate their O.O.C. self from their I.C. experiences, then this wouldn't be a problem. If underaged people purchased a "Rated-M" game? Then, that's their problem (and their parents problem), not the creator of the game or the players that play the game.

Tons of films feature rape. Imagine buying that film and then complaining to the director that "rape should be removed from it" because it's insensitive? Sounds foolish... shouldn't of purchased the film, in the first place.

Come on...

Rape isn't consensual.

Rape is arguably worse than murder. 

Shooting someone in a video game (even if its roleplayed) is largely less serious/easier to cope with than roleplaying a gruesome detailed rape scene. 

9 minutes ago, DLimit said:

I'm sorry but if you think thats even close to a valid argument to bring up, idk what to tell you. Thats just... no. Just. No.

4 minutes ago, EffPee said:

Rape isn't consensual.

Rape is arguably worse than murder. 

Shooting someone in a video game (even if its roleplayed) is largely less serious/easier to cope with than roleplaying a gruesome detailed rape scene. 

Rape isn't consensual and murder isn't consensual. Both acts involves inflicting harm against a person. Neither is better than the other. In the end, the victim suffers, whether it may be the victim, themselves, or their family and friends.