Turn rain chances UP again

Kappaurel

4f8a69d6f4e86b26f9e2e5f0c40f4caf_w200.gi

The rain probability as it currently is is fine in my opinion. It doesn't rain everyday anymore and overall increases the experience when it comes to California weather the server tries to emulate. What has been brought up and may be considered is the weather cycle system - whole days of weather X and not an hourly change. Though that'd require some work from our devs.

I wish it would rain more, i don't get why a lot of players are against it because of the Californian climate, there are a lot of things that don't make sense like the crime rate that would break immersion much more than an inadequate climate.

Like this is a game we don't need to copy paste real life, rain adds another atmosphere and it is very welcomed for me, i would even be for snow in winter even if it makes no sense in real life : the trick is that we can make it plausible with a single line to the server lore which states that Los Santos climate is like that and that's it. I don't get how it would bother anyone for realism matter when they bear with the typical nonsense they are facing IG, except maybe if they are confirmed climatologist or just want to keep their crop top and short skirts forever which would be just really laughable at.

Can we just make it rain infrequently, like twice a month on a random schedule, but have it rain for most the day? And then become more frequent in Winter or something?

I dislike when it rains for like two hours and then it's gone again, I'd rather have the effect of having to deal with the rain from log in to log off again. Plan personal and work outfits around it. I'd even take a two day rainfall of scattered showers, just to keep things fresh.

I don't know understand the mentality of 'I never want to rp anything different than the normal, that's bad' or 'muh california'. We do the same thing day in and day out for months on end. We could use the change.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Wisci said:

Can we just make it rain infrequently, like twice a month on a random schedule, but have it rain for most the day? And then become more frequent in Winter or something?

I agree with this. I disagree with making it rain more frequently, especially as we move into summer.

The west coast of the United States rarely sees rain and it’s rare when they do. I believe I have seen rain twice, and I’m fine with it. People were complaining when it was raining too much (which used to happen), but now people want more rain. It’s just going to continue to leave complaints on both sides. I understand that you said a little, but it still makes a difference. Whenever it rains in-game, it rains, but it’s just not common. Rain can also cause FPS drops, especially for players with lower-end PCs.

I know someone might reply to this saying something about “california weather” and that not everything should be roleplayed to real life. You’re right, not everything should, but we do roleplay living in the United States. San Andreas replaces California on the west coast, so it makes sense to keep it this way.

Edited by tomatoz

giphy.gif

Rain fucks shit up for everybody. Bikers take it up the ass, everyone has to run and hide under an overhang (which still doesn't save your character model from getting wet). You have rain IN interiors (wet floors, etc. not sure if this has been fixed yet). In general it's just an annoyance. The OCCASIONAL rain is okay, but the 'chances' should be no higher than they are currently.

• Wuhtah locked this topic