What is your opinion/thoughts on illegal RP

Spartan

12 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

It would be great to see IFM make a statement or share there thoughts on what interesting and new avenues of illegal RP are planned in the coming months.

As of now, I think Illegal RP is stuck in some place between 1930’s and 1980’s USA - and sadly, it doesn’t seem to be evolving and creating new options for illegal RP & a lot of the existing RP needs to modernise and become suitable for the USA in 2021.

As an example, compare how far legal RP had come in the past 6 months:

Los Santos city government 

ULSA

Pillbox Hospital

IG DA’s & court system

Music Events 

Fashion - HS & Prestige

There seems a gulf of divide between how well LFM have worked with players to create interesting & entirely different avenues of RP compared to what is available to an aspiring illegal character.

the real truth

43 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

As of now, I think Illegal RP is stuck in some place between 1930’s and 1980’s USA - and sadly, it doesn’t seem to be evolving and creating new options for illegal RP & a lot of the existing RP needs to modernise and become suitable for the USA in 2021.

Aside from maybe mafia roleplay, which pretty much has to pretend it's back in time to even make sense existing, what do you mean by this?

2 minutes ago, Large Hazard said:

Aside from maybe mafia roleplay, which pretty much has to pretend it's back in time to even make sense existing, what do you mean by this?

Dunno what you mean, made men showing up once a week to take kick-ups then threatening to kill anyone who doesn't give them money seems super modern and realistic.

5 minutes ago, Large Hazard said:

I don't know enough about gang culture to know how legitimate these critiques are, but I hear a lot of people comment on how portrayal of some gangs is stuck in the stereotypes of the 80s, 90s, 2000.

Again, don't shoot the messenger.

• Applaud 1
11 hours ago, NewbUser said:

I haven't read past page 1, but on the topic of guns and being over-expensive it really isn't hard to get common firearms in the US such as a glock or even an AR-15.

These days you can literally buy a $200 3D printer, get $300 in tools, 3D print a glock frame or an AR-15 lower receiver and get gun parts out of state with cash and no background check ALL OF THIS IS LEGAL FEDERALLY mind you, except in California, Maryland and I think New Jersey. Is it PG to get a 3D printer? If it is, then okay let's talk 80% glocks and 80% AR-15 lower receivers that you get drill bits for and finish on your own to have a complete legal "firearm" (even though it can't shoot without other parts).

Edit: Also I understand these are semi automatic weapons, but you can also 3D print a yankee boogle, drop it in your AR-15 lower and fire in automatic if you want, Glocks also have 3D printed conversion stuff so that your Glock will fire automatically like a Glock 18. I also know all of this because I myself have homemade legal firearms that function as well as store bought. It's really not hard to do this without breaking a law, if I was a felon I could still get access to everything needed. And if I couldn't get gun parts I'd just print myself and FGC-9v2 (Fuck Gun Control 9mm) and have zero gun parts to make a functional 9mm carbine.

As far I saw at some documentals about  International Arms Trafficking around 5 years ago.

You have two types of weapons, locally produced with 3D printers and stuff. And you have others imported from a country out of nowhere in Asia, where they make the well-known "ghost guns." They are replicas in their accuracy of several weapons commonly distributed in the USA but they do not have any serial or registration, the weapon is non-existent until it enters the ballistic system of the police after being used in a crime, before that the weapon is perfectly unknown, perfect to carry out crimes. They are more valuable than ordinary pistols due to their incognito status. Also you can make your own weapons.

TLDR: A spokeperson from ATF said than 30% of the weapons sold to gangs, criminal groups and violent persons than were recovered were "self-made" weapons

The second video is actually california. These people are actually criminals

Normal gun value: $800
Ghost gun value: $2000

Edited by Xaleya
43 minutes ago, Koko said:

I don't know enough about gang culture to know how legitimate these critiques are, but I hear a lot of people comment on how portrayal of some gangs is stuck in the stereotypes of the 80s, 90s, 2000.

Again, don't shoot the messenger.

I can't speak on black gangs because it's not my area but the Latino and White gangs do a decent job of keeping it modern.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Pádraig said:

I mean five minutes on Wikipedia would help you not say something so wrong lmao

I wasn't trying to talk the LCN concept down, I roleplayed it for years. What are you taking issue with specifically? The west coast was never a mob stronghold to begin with and the American mob is a shadow of its former self today. In order to roleplay a mafia faction and actually have fun you have to portray the kind of cosa nostra that no longer exists outside of NYC and Chicago (which is what I meant by pretending you're back in time). What part about this is "so wrong"?

I wasn't saying this shouldn't be done either. It's a necessity for roleplaying the mob both here and on LSRP because if you portrayed 2021 west coast LCN like it is irl you'd have one hell of a boring time.

• Upvote 1

Frankly, I'm skeptical of some articles of illegal RP I see. HOWEVER I need to stress it, I have absolutely no idea how it functions, irl or IG really. So my thoughts and feelings on it all are less valid as I don't have the experience to understand and appreciate organizations. 

This post may seem unnecessary, but I know I'm not the only one with lack of understanding. Maybe there should be efforts to help people understand the RP and why it happens differently for each group. That way less misunderstandings occur. I know a lot of Legal factions do this.

Edited by Mecovy

It's easy for people to sit here and talk about how legal roleplay has a come long way, but we have to remember that legal roleplay gets way more support from the admin team, and LFM. Peter Conti was booted out of his faction over someone approaching him and being corrupt, and his character was ousted out IG. The dude who approached him was let back in GOV, and he eventually got his leadership position back. It all just doesn't seem fair. The server is so quick to punish illegal roleplayers, and no one wants to help them out. 

A character that's been kicking around for 2 years got fucked over because he was approached by a corrupt politician.

• Wuhtah locked this topic