What is your opinion/thoughts on illegal RP

Spartan

8 minutes ago, croozerdog said:

It's crazy to me that you can't just make any faction with a group of friends. I heard a lot of people saying their illegal faction got denied. I come from servers where you can make any faction you can think of and the -players- judge if it's good or bad, rather than the admins.

Recent change so I can't pretend it's always been this way but unofficial groups are a thing - basically just factions but without the IG benefits (/f, faction garages, etc.) and some OOC limitations so you can't act too big for your boots. 

5 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Recent change so I can't pretend it's always been this way but unofficial groups are a thing - basically just factions but without the IG benefits (/f, faction garages, etc.) and some OOC limitations so you can't act too big for your boots. 

That's good actually ^^
I always hate OOC limitations though. If you act too big for your boots there should and probably are IC repercussions 

1 hour ago, croozerdog said:

It's crazy to me that you can't just make any faction with a group of friends. I heard a lot of people saying their illegal faction got denied. I come from servers where you can make any faction you can think of and the -players- judge if it's good or bad, rather than the admins.

I only tried starting a legal faction so far and that also wasn't fun, the economy doesn't work at all even though the GTAW staff seems to think it does.

Economy is not great but I do think that the admins know that and they are trying or thinking about coming up with solutions to that problem. Also you can start an unofficial group and then develop your group/faction from there, after some time has passed of you being familiar with everything you can apply for your group to be an official  faction but admins will of course take a look at your unofficial group thread/screenshots. Basically making sure that you have what it takes to portray a good faction.  

4 minutes ago, orangejuice said:

As a member of the legal roleplay community, I can tell you legal roleplayers are just as bad

Agreed, I'm a legal RPer that RPs around illegals and I can confirm that it's an issue on both sides. To me it demonstrates how IC consequences for poor escalation are just too light, and not so much a fundamental issue with the illegal community. They are just by definition more likely to be involved in these situations.

10 hours ago, Van said:

this topic is about illegals though

so

A thread about illegal roleplay, and you called something out. Members of the community told you it's a thing on both sides of the fence. It may be a server issue, not just an illegal issue. 

On topic though: a lot of the concerns about illegal roleplay are getting addressed by IFM and the staff team though, I have seen a lot of updates recently, and a lot of good people being added into the FM council. I do feel like some issues still need to be worked on, but the new IFM was just added in so progress takes time. 

• Upvote 2

This is GTA V, and I feel like there's literally nothing for illegal RPers besides drugs. It feels like I'm playing SAMP to how bare it is, not dissing but It's how I felt since the server was released. Now I see that players are saying drugs are basically useless?

• Wuhtah locked this topic