Excessive Robberies in Blaine County

Ted

19 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

I am struggling to understand this new initiative of handling every new criminal antic purely from an IC angle, even now as it is basically changing the rules for a large portion of the community.

According to criminals, the only way for legal roleplayers to solve this, is to become criminals? Why is this suddenly mandatory? Why must my character become Mad Max to enjoy peace in what should be a civilized modern day America?

This is because people fail to come up with actual criminal mastermind plans. So instead, in rp communities, they lobby ooc for their sort of crime to be rated as valid, and ideally as many rules and ic obstacles in the way to prevent an actual realistic outcome (like someone ending up in the den for half his life for trying to mug people).

This sounds so absurd because, well, it is. Imagine a robber lobby irl lol.

14 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

Very few of those reports are regarding unrealistic robberies that happen in the county. I'm not saying that it's not happening, it most definitely is. I'm not saying that they're all realistic because lots of them aren't. What I'm saying is that it's not as big of an issue as it's being said to be and not much can be done about this whole problem - except for a different approach to robberies in general.

2 hours ago, Entity said:

Very few of those reports are regarding unrealistic robberies that happen in the county. I'm not saying that it's not happening, it most definitely is. I'm not saying that they're all realistic because lots of them aren't. What I'm saying is that it's not as big of an issue as it's being said to be and not much can be done about this whole problem - except for a different approach to robberies in general.

Well it sucks to be surrounded by such roleplay nearly every day and there's nothing you can do to change it. Sure, you can be wary of the environment around you, you can defend yourself IC but it's a reoccurring issue and that same robber will be back tomorrow, trying to do it again and again by questionable means too. Legit, you're less likely to be robbed in the city, which shouldn't be the case.

15 hours ago, knppel said:

This is because people fail to come up with actual criminal mastermind plans. So instead, in rp communities, they lobby ooc for their sort of crime to be rated as valid, and ideally as many rules and ic obstacles in the way to prevent an actual realistic outcome (like someone ending up in the den for half his life for trying to mug people).

Preach.

15 hours ago, knppel said:

This sounds so absurd because, well, it is. Imagine a robber lobby irl lol.

Yes I am familiar with the Democrats.

I think it IS unrealistic for gangsters to drive for miles away from the city, just to rob someone. Yes it happens, but targets are mostly stores or banks. Not people, besides people from a city randomly breaking into a house on the countryside? Unlikely. Only drug fuelled junkies would risk arrest or being shot by commiting random burglary. Otherwise people DO plan these. And yes breaking into a car somewhere in the middle of nowhere, just cause you know what could be inside is Metagaming, cause your character does not live there, they do not know said person who owns the car and they do not even know, that the car is there in first place, if they are coming from the city. So people sorry to say it as it is.

But, stop playing looter/shooter and finally start roleplaying.

Edited by Engelbert

Well Yesterday we caught a couple of gang bangers on Paleto Bay's Motel car park breaking into a car. Soooooo . . . thing persists, there's a crime spree in Blaine perpetuated by city people soooo some people will react ICly purchasing weapons and shooting at strangers no questions asked and some others OOCly by filing reports, gotta say I lean towards the first option personally xDDD

• Wuhtah locked this topic