Excessive Robberies in Blaine County

Ted

1 hour ago, kjtoth06 said:

Hoping maybe someone could do this, more of a citizen’s protection organization, or something of that sort.

Sandy Shores has an impromptu neighborhood watch. I wouldn't be surprised if rifles come out and Sultan drivers start getting shot LOL

23 minutes ago, Dom. said:

Sandy Shores has an impromptu neighborhood watch. I wouldn't be surprised if rifles come out and Sultan drivers start getting shot LOL

...and then the Sultan drivers tangle up the (entirely justified) militia with forum reports for being "unrealistic".

I used to drive a taxi. I stopped after I got robbed going up out into Blaine. Why was I robbed? Because my character wore a suit and was trying to give off a 'chauffeur' vibe, along with a black-car style taxi. "You look like a cop", the dude said before pulling a gun and making him strip fucking naked on the middle of the Great Ocean Highway.

So yeah. The county basically gives carte blanche because there's not going to be anyone to help you. I don't drive taxis anymore, because that shit just isn't fun. (also the overhaul that was supposed to come in July still hasn't, but that's not as relevant here)

• 1 month later...

I think this problem should be dealt IC'ly. Blaine County is not meant to be peaceful place as Paleto Bay where ''mallrats'' can chill with their expensive cars. Blaine County is meant to be a poor place with few Sheriffs patrolling from time to time and armed rednecks that guard their own houses. All the time when I was at Blaine County, I never heard about ''huge amount of robberies''. Making it a ''green zone'' and robbery free area is bullshit.

• Upvote 1

I wish people stopped using term "Mallrats". And what was meant most likely was, that people from the city driving Sultan or BF400 go out to rob people on the countryside. There is a huuuge difference between robbery that fits the narrative and situation and robbery, where couple of people are bored on discord and decide to go out and fool around with masks and guns or hammers. Also Paleto Bay is actually just slightly more developed Sandy Shores and not Mallrat vacation resort if you take a look around at those houses. What Mallrats should use is Chumash. It contains both high end expensive houses as well as mid range houses at the beach.

• Applaud 1
On 12/31/2020 at 1:50 AM, Smilesville said:

"Just stop getting robbed" is really not an appropriate answer. What's at issue is that the sheer volume of violent crime on the server far outstrips anything remotely reasonable for any given area - let alone a city in the United States.

But let's forget U.S. cities for a moment - when you control for population, the crime statistics of Los Santos assumed under even the most excruciatingly forgiving conditions far outstrip any place on Earth.

If we assume there's one murder per day (we know there are more from the CK announcements, but let's be generous, here) for the entire year, and we also assume the server has a population of 100,000 (it doesn't, but let's assume so for the sake of argument) then we come away with a murder rate of 365 per 100,000 per year. By contrast, Venezuela has 60 murders per 100,000 per year. The conclusion is a little startling.

Los Santos has, at a minimum, six times the murder rate of Venezuela.

That's nowhere near acceptable - and indicative of an incentive mismatch set up by the way the server handles these things.

Irc, actually Venezuela has a lower murder rate than Colombia, that murder rate is mostly inflated due politics from both sides, it's not a reliable source of info from both sides when political intentions and lobbysm are coming from both sides.

You might get info with the locals about it before speaking, Colombia has way higher murder rate than colombia, why? By a simple fact.
If you are being robbed and if you have nothing in your pockets, you got stabbed or shot until death, if you look someone bad, you get shot or stabbed. If a gang member dont like you, you are dead. It's easier to get murdered in Colombia than Venezuela, also in Colombia murder rate, they avoid the rates from outside of the city, mostly the zones with strong paramilitary activity, which they often do mass murdering for taking over the zones or just hunting left wing members who often organize armed groups for self-defense or any activity than might go against the paramilitary organization goals. Irc in Venezuela murdering someone brings unwanted attention so 99% of the time criminals gets more by letting you go if they don't really know you (random crimes). If they know you they often don't try to engage illegal activities except if you really had troubles with them than leads with kidnapping + extort + murder within 24/48 hours lapsus.

On 12/31/2020 at 8:20 AM, DanneBRE said:

People have these robbing squads because they can't do anything else and no I don't live up there or have been robbed. I'd just shot them on sight tbh. Bring in the texas, trespassing law.

"Castle Doctrine"(Cali Penal Code Section 198.5) so just remember that when randoms starts tailing you

image.png.c92e4372d706170889dee3705824109b.png

• Applaud 1
29 minutes ago, Xaleya said:

Irc, actually Venezuela has a lower murder rate than Colombia, that murder rate is mostly inflated due politics from both sides, it's not a reliable source of info from both sides when political intentions and lobbysm are coming from both sides.

You might get info with the locals about it before speaking, Colombia has way higher murder rate than colombia, why? By a simple fact.
If you are being robbed and if you have nothing in your pockets, you got stabbed or shot until death, if you look someone bad, you get shot or stabbed. If a gang member dont like you, you are dead. It's easier to get murdered in Colombia than Venezuela, also in Colombia murder rate, they avoid the rates from outside of the city, mostly the zones with strong paramilitary activity, which they often do mass murdering for taking over the zones or just hunting left wing members who often organize armed groups for self-defense or any activity than might go against the paramilitary organization goals. Irc in Venezuela murdering someone brings unwanted attention so 99% of the time criminals gets more by letting you go if they don't really know you (random crimes). If they know you they often don't try to engage illegal activities except if you really had troubles with them than leads with kidnapping + extort + murder within 24/48 hours lapsus.

What does any of this have to do with GTA W lmao 

Let's be honest, text rp is incredibly niche.   Even with us hitting 700-odd players at night there's a pretty high chance that over 80% of these people are people who have been roleplaying on SA:MP, MTA, and even back in the habbo days.   Just by the quantity of people who are interested and capable enough at text RP, there's an incredibly high chance that the people doing this are the same people who made running factions in Fort Carson painstaking.

If they've been doing it for 10 years in SA:MP, chances are a general discussion thread won't do anything about it - mass roleplay quality reports however?   Definitely going to go a lot further.

• Wuhtah locked this topic