DISARM SECURITY GUARDS

Do you think security guards /really/ need guns?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...

+1, there needs to be strict rules about security firms using non-lethal and lethal, For me, remove all non-lethal and lethal from security unless you have a significant reasoning for having them. I don't think standing at a club and taking entry fee's is quite that, also from experience of seeing ten G6 shooting tasers at two dudes having a small bust up inside a bar is really ridiculous imo. Give a G6 officer some cuffs and he is literally a cop...

Firearms should be allowed on security guards when they are roleplaying in scenarios which would realistically require them to, for example being a Close Protection Officer for someone of major importance or transporting goods or money that have a large worth and so forth.

On 2/15/2023 at 3:54 PM, Phallanx said:

+1, there needs to be strict rules about security firms using non-lethal and lethal, For me, remove all non-lethal and lethal from security unless you have a significant reasoning for having them. I don't think standing at a club and taking entry fee's is quite that, also from experience of seeing ten G6 shooting tasers at two dudes having a small bust up inside a bar is really ridiculous imo. Give a G6 officer some cuffs and he is literally a cop...

Firearms should be allowed on security guards when they are roleplaying in scenarios which would realistically require them to, for example being a Close Protection Officer for someone of major importance or transporting goods or money that have a large worth and so forth.

what is a significant reason for having a taser or a baton

1 hour ago, zaXer. said:

what is a significant reason for having a taser or a baton

Not a club opening that's for sure, seems overkill for me, it was far more realistic before.

However, it could work, maybe they just need to be used more appropriately with thoughts in mind of what the outcome will be, rather than just aimlessly firing tasers into crowd's of people.