DISARM SECURITY GUARDS

Do you think security guards /really/ need guns?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why are people trying to get an OOC rule change for an IC issue?

Especially when it'll be for their own criminal benefit in the long run and besides, it's not like Security is walking around with shotguns and assault rifles so what's the problem. If they've got the right licenses, them carrying a gun should not be a problem.

• 1 month later...

The reality is that firearms are mandatory for security guards in a city where everyone, their mum, and their dog got at least two guns. Having them unarmed would put them at a clear disadvantage to a majority of illegal roleplayers who come to events with pure intentions of starting shit so they can play TDM with their friends, and anyone else who just happens to be caught in the crossfire.

On 3/28/2023 at 1:01 PM, TeeHazmat said:

Why are people trying to get an OOC rule change for an IC issue?

Especially when it'll be for their own criminal benefit in the long run and besides, it's not like Security is walking around with shotguns and assault rifles so what's the problem. If they've got the right licenses, them carrying a gun should not be a problem.

Completely agreed with this one, it's not like we have any OOC rules to combat IC issues arising from the illegal community anyways!

On 1/27/2023 at 4:54 PM, FatCatTuxedo said:

Security mostly just chill at a venue taking entry fees with some outside preventing car jackers. We also respond to alarms installed by us.

If you have a problem with how they act then take it IC.

Now the fact you don't even mention tasers or batons means this post is based on one encounter alone as we use firearms as a last resort and use the baton more than any other weapon 90% of the time.

I'll have to agree with this.

If you believe security guards are over stepping their boundaries just call 911. If they shot their firearm when there was no treat to them or the venue they work for they'll be standing trial for this.

7 minutes ago, Shanky said:

If you believe security guards are over stepping their boundaries just call 911.

I've called the non-emergency police line before when G6 was speeding with amber lights on, not yielding, and ganging up on a public street open-carrying.

I've also once pulled the C.E.O. of G6 over for speeding and failure to yield, and fined him for it.

• Upvote 1
On 1/27/2023 at 9:50 AM, Bandit. said:

This isn't a debate about that, it's about security companies acting as make-shift police officers and over stepping lines.

i made a discussion about this but ppl weren't really understanding what I was relating to...

but yea i've experienced some G6 members patrol my faction's block before and it was annoying, they were acting like real policemen. Some security guards just wanna be PD so bad it's ridiculous.