DISARM SECURITY GUARDS

Do you think security guards /really/ need guns?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Bandit. said:

There is no reason to have armed security guards on this server, it's a by pass for characters to have PF/CCW guns on here and to act like first responders. People that get into security in real life are not hard charging heroes. From what I have encountered it has been nothing but a pain. Either fully disarm these people or only allow so many from a security company to have a firearm at one time.

EDIT: I understand security companies in real life have armed guards. This isn't a debate about that, it's about security companies acting as make-shift police officers and over stepping lines.

Then there is no reason to have illegal RPers with guns eithers 🙂

• Upvote 1

Depends on the security, night club security? I agree shouldn’t be armed as someone that has a brother which has his guard card at a local night club here in San Francisco, literally none of his co-workers or him carry a firearm. The ONLY time I’ve ever seen armed security was when I worked at a cannabis dispensary and our security guards were all armed, even when we closed and they were sitting on patrol outside, armored trucks of course, but basic club security? No. Should definitely not be armed as it’s highly unrealistic and the chances of having your firearm stolen in a club / while trying to handle a scuffle is very high. 

I’ve helped run a security company on here and I’ll tell you that club security is probably the most unrealistic on the server at the moment, although it makes sense why they’re armed seeing as the murder rate in the city is ridiculous. It’s a wishy washy situation when you take into account the murder rate and other factors.

Edited by Narco
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Narco said:

Depends on the security, night club security? I agree shouldn’t be armed as someone that has a brother which has his guard card at a local night club here in San Francisco, literally none of his co-workers or him carry a firearm. The ONLY time I’ve ever seen armed security was when I worked at a cannabis dispensary and our security guards were all armed, even when we closed and they were sitting on patrol outside, armored trucks of course, but basic club security? No. Should definitely not be armed as it’s highly unrealistic and the chances of having your firearm stolen in a club / while trying to handle a scuffle is very high. 

I’ve helped run a security company on here and I’ll tell you that club security is probably the most unrealistic on the server at the moment, although it makes sense why they’re armed seeing as the murder rate in the city is ridiculous. It’s a wishy washy situation when you take into account the murder rate and other factors.

But this is an RP server.. where every illegal bozo has a gun and they VERY MUCH SO LIKE to escalate shit into their little gunplay, so it's best that security guards have guns in the server when the illegal gun economy is literally fucked because people can't behave properly with guns.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Muffincake said:

But this is an RP server.. where every illegal bozo has a gun and they VERY MUCH SO LIKE to escalate shit into their little gunplay, so it's best that security guards have guns in the server when the illegal gun economy is literally fucked because people can't behave properly with guns.

Definitely why it does make sense that they’re armed, also wanted to state I’ve seen security guards now first using their tasers which is pretty awesome that they’re accessible to them now.

Just now, Narco said:

Definitely why it does make sense that they’re armed, also wanted to state I’ve seen security guards now first using their tasers which is pretty awesome that they’re accessible to them now.

But tell me, what can unarmed security guard do if for example their client in a club is attacked with guns? Just stand there with their hands in their pocket because some illegal RPer wanted their guns to be removed so they can DM easier? nice

2 minutes ago, Muffincake said:

But tell me, what can unarmed security guard do if for example their client in a club is attacked with guns? Just stand there with their hands in their pocket because some illegal RPer wanted their guns to be removed so they can DM easier? nice

I mean if it’s private security for a specific person sure it makes sense they’re armed, but essentially yes, most night clubs do not have armed security and would usually just call the police in an emergency that goes beyond physical violence (firearms involved) as they don’t want to catch a lawsuit

Edited by Narco

Simple no.

The reason being is that the issues being raised don't stem from the fact security factions armed, from my experience each guard arms themselves out of their own pocket the majority of the time as well. The issue is individual players doing things or acting in certain ways that break rules or do not meet the standards, these things that are already enforceable if people take the time to actually report it when it happens.

The very same arguments could be made to restrict any faction where firearms are involved, now my few months with a character in a security firm I was met with many criminal characters who displayed the exact same issues as being raised in this thread and not once did it cross my mind that the entire criminal community should be penalized for the acts of a handful. I think I used my pistol all of four times? And this was before we readily had tasers and batons, so de-escalation was my go-to and it was what I tried to implore my fellow colleagues to do as well. That said, despite de-escalation efforts or even a few times where the problematic people were just left alone it was more often than not the other party escalating, not the guards and I would argue that 9 out of 10 guards acted the same way I did. Hell I spent a week being stalked and shot at simply because my character was asked by the owner of a club to remove a guy who so happened to be some kind of OC leader type of deal, despite them being respectful and polite in the process.

I agree, vigilantism should be met with a CK if you die in the process of it. Same way a criminal is CK'd if they opt to go 1 vs 12 with the LSPD or if a cop decides to be John Rambo soloing into Jamestown to take on 7 active shooters. There are several routes to take here, IC and OOC to deal with the few that give security firms a bad name. Generally speaking, if you don't want an escalation with armed guards at venues? Take your beef elsewhere so you aren't at risk, because honestly most of the people that complain typically tend to bring these results upon themselves.