DISARM SECURITY GUARDS

Do you think security guards /really/ need guns?  

383 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, roymar said:

The fact that you did not even mention the Guard Card, says a lot about this thread. To act as a guard with a fire arm you must pass the Guard Card exam, have a read to the manual ( https://fld.gta.world/info/GCMANUAL ) and the license information ( https://fld.gta.world/info/GC ). 

If people go around doing stupid stuff they get arrested immediately, if they do something that has a reason they simply don't get arrested. 

Also no, being a security guard isn't a reason to get a CCW.

I'm sorry I forgot the guard card. I had one before on a semi-legal character and still didn't act like a vigilante hero. It's no excuse and it's honestly sad to see anybody defending this type of behavior. 

12 minutes ago, FatCatTuxedo said:

Security mostly just chill at a venue taking entry fees with some outside preventing car jackers. We also respond to alarms installed by us.

If you have a problem with how they act then take it IC.

Now the fact you don't even mention tasers or batons means this post is based on one encounter alone as we use firearms as a last resort and use the baton more than any other weapon 90% of the time.

I have encountered several instances of rp that I haven't felt was up to standard. And we do take this IC, but when I blast on security guards it's up in arms.

Just now, FatCatTuxedo said:

Just because people dress up like police officers in real life doesn't mean you have to imitate it here. 

Don't get me wrong, I posted here to get people's opinions. This isn't meant to dive into the illegal v. legal debate. Just post your opinions and move on.

• Upvote 1

-1 from me.

Sounds mostly like an IC issue. Security Guards get fired IRL all the time for overstepping, armed and unarmed ones. If you see a security officer running around acting like a vigilante, find out their employer and report it IC.

Personally, my (legal) factions HQ is in a bad area with shit going down all the time. We need an armed guard.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, LeNova said:

Purely depends on what type of security they're offering imo.

This. 

Our internal security need a PF and a GC to even get out of the trainee rank. Purely because the factions role is operating state importsnt infrastructure so the security team reflect that. All armed, all ready to protect the assets. Hell, we're even looking to work with PD on some advanced training and establish further protocol on how to handle situations while staying within the boundaries of their licenses.

On the other side of security, you have the likes of G6, Bobcat, Titan etc etc. They have a mix of armed and unarmed for their scope of security. 

• Upvote 3

Staff just needs to start enforcing harsher CKs to security guards that hear gunshots outside the business they are in, run outside and start shooting left and right without knowing what's going on.

Every other day you have security guards escalating fistfights into gunfights and getting killed for it. Harsher CKs policies tend to make legal RPers think about it twice before rushing into a 10 man gunfight just because they have an itchy finger.

• Upvote 7
3 minutes ago, Zytum said:

Staff just needs to start enforcing harsher CKs to security guards that hear gunshots outside the business they are in, run outside and start shooting left and right without knowing what's going on.

Every other day you have security guards escalating fistfights into gunfights and getting killed for it. Harsher CKs policies tend to make legal RPers think about it twice before rushing into a 10 man gunfight just because they have an itchy finger.

Agreed. I mean the main thing people need to remember is call police first, make sure people inside are safe and let authorities deal with the situation. It completely defaces the point of being a security guard if you're gonna run outside guns blazing and copping an early coffin. It's dumb, lack of fear and yeah... it's dumb af. Did I forget to mention that it's dumb?

Edited by JayO
  • Upvote 2

If a security firm does not properly train its armed guards before throwing them out in the wild then this is partially at the fault of the security company itself. The security firm should face some form of consequence in this case and the armed guard should lose their ability to work as armed guards or even be CK'd as people above mentioned. I think the solution is not imposing anything OOC but making the process of being an armed security guard harder. Similar to how if you do something illegal as a lawyer then the board can strip your rights to practice law. 

Edited by IHaveTheHighGround
7 minutes ago, IHaveTheHighGround said:

If a security firm does not properly train its armed guards before throwing them out in the wild then this is partially at the fault of the security company itself. The security firm should face some form of consequence in this case and the armed guard should lose their ability to work as armed guards or even be CK'd as people above mentioned. I think the solution is not imposing anything OOC but making the process of being an armed security guard harder. Similar to how if you do something illegal as a lawyer then the board can strip your rights to practice law. 

Yes. Jedi Counsel for Security. I want. 

But in all seriousness, I don't think it's really the firms fault on how their guards react, that lies solely down to the person RPing. I don't know what it is though, maybe they want to be the hero? just want to fire their weapon for once? who knows, but the fact remains that it's the player behind the character that makes the decisions. Now these security firms can proceduralize everything through their arses, but it relies on the OOC player to follow them. We know it's a game, we know we want to have fun and get involved in some crazy things, but when it's in a role that already has a severely bad reputation then some savvy and common sense need to prevail. 

I remember talking to someone in PD and they are cracking down on Security Guards. See the thing that blew my mind was a situation where a security guard stepped out of their vehicle with on open carry. They touched the side walk with their foot and boom, instant SHAFT violation and their licenses revoked indefinitely. That needs to be seen more often and I'd love to see more of a crack down on Security Guards and their license boundaries. 

• Upvote 1