(IRS) Internal Revenue Services Faction

Narco

Just now, Anders said:

Won't ever work, irs is federal and nobody would bother enforcing or caring about tax

Actually there was a large group of individuals that were interested in roleplaying with it even on a forum level / making it a state organization rather a federal! 

And @Nervous said there were plans for it internally but the script wasn't ready at the time. 

26 minutes ago, Narco said:

Actually there was a large group of individuals that were interested in roleplaying with it even on a forum level / making it a state organization rather a federal! 

And @Nervous said there were plans for it internally but the script wasn't ready at the time. 

The issue with Federal is that you need people who understand it, and also people who don't show up on random scenes going FBI - We're taking over and flopping their bigger **** around to have a power trip.

32 minutes ago, Narco said:

Seems kinda unrealistic / unrealistic on whoever told you it'd be unfair if you genuinely had proof, should for sure be looked into, especially when players are running around with over 1m of cash made from arms sales that keep it in the actual bank instead of a safe / vault in fear of being robbed. I think the IRS definitely would help fix that. 

You'd be amazed by the amount of criminals who do something and then straight up deposit the cash, there is and probably never will be an entity stopping that.

Cool idea, but it runs into one problem that I would figure is the reason it never came into fruition in the first place: who actually wants to RP an IRS agent and go through people's 'taxes' all day? Maybe a couple people, but it's hard to recruit for concepts that are much less niche already. I just can't see enough people actually wanting to join said IRS faction.

it is essential for modern crime.  The ability to hold and spend dirty cash on the server is not only ridiculous it also closes so many avenues of roleplay opportunity if people needed to think twice about justifying their earnings.

Serious crime investigation these days always goes after the money.

• Upvote 1

It doesn't have to be a big faction, honestly a small group of people who know the concept, will suffice. IRS faction won't be created for the "make their lives a living hell" sake. But occassionally popping up and investigating someone's cashflow and taxes. That;s the point for me. There's no reason to go after every criminal IG and catch them on taxes. IRS is a scarecrow when it comes to one's revenue. It's useless on street gang level, but hits hard organized crime groups without money laundering options. Also most of times, the actual roleplay will be behind the scenes, but for this to work we need a tax system. Which will, honestly...break more than few people's revenue. Including the wealthy ones.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

half the reason crime is so easy to get away with (if you’re not caught red handed by pure luck) is halfways because no one wants to do paperwork on a role play server. never mind how much paperwork LEOs would have to do as a consequence of this, but you’d have to revamp the entire way businesses are operated. you’d generate shit tons of paperwork for business owners. 

IRS just write subpoenas all day and reviews bank records. there is no way a faction like this would survive more than two months.

Hmm, I’m not sure. Like others said an IRS faction might be a little too niche. I feel like there’d be way too many OOC crossovers. We do play in an economy where convenience store cashiers make like $7000 an hour and people hold 3-4 “technically” full time jobs. Then you have the sports cars, the jewelry, etc.

I’m not saying criminals should get a free pass, and I actually do see a fair amount of money laundering RP in the criminal world. It just might not be a able to be done fairly or a worthwhile thing to dedicate a whole faction toward.

If it’s not already created, maybe there’s room within one of the LEO faction for a specialized division on financial crimes?