(IRS) Internal Revenue Services Faction

Narco

1 hour ago, DLimit said:

"Simply being a minimum wage employee and depositing 40k, with no other indicators, would not lead to an investigation."

I've had my money put on hold, for investigation,  for simply depositing $2,000, back when I had zero income. It raises suspicion when you're depositing amounts that don't add up with your income. That's the indicator, is it not? The idea that your income does not match with what is being deposited within the bank account? If a man is earning $12,000 a day, then would it not be suspicious if they were depositing $40,000 on the daily? If not, then what are the other indicators?

No, it's not an indicator. There's a difference between investigations, reviews, and audits. I'm wagering in formal terms what happened to yours was a review or audit. If you were consistently doing it, yes, the audit would likely turn into a preliminary investigation. Investigations are used in the context of criminal investigations. Investigations can be initiated from suspected criminal activity during an audit, information from a revenue officer, or if their intelligence analysis teams assess some sort of financial crime or irregularity and forward it to the CID. 

Small edit for further context; There's a reason banks ask for certain work related and financial details. There's also a sort of freezing that happens there is largely automated alerts that happens if certain points are matched up (someone still manually puts a hold on the account but the alert itself is automated). What happens in those cases, is, the account gets froze while a review is conducted to assess whether or not it is applicable to progress to a preliminary criminal investigation, that part of the process still being distinct from the actual investigations conducted by CID.

Edited by Midwest
  • Upvote 2

not having an irs is discriminating against good criminal roleplayers that understand and apply the concept of money laundering 

either automate it, add a server rule or apply the concept to existing factions by allowing them to establish financial crime bureaus.

bro dudes straight up hit a lick and drive to the legion square bank with the same car and the masks still on to deposit, its unreal

• Upvote 2

I would love this. As it would force other criminals to actually find ways to clean their money. Something i do in character already without being forced. I RP the fear of the IRS finding the money i make illegeally even if it never would happen. Anything i earn through illegal channels has never hit my bank once yet.

• Upvote 2

I think the main reason was that we already have too many "LEO" factions.  We don't need yet another band of people going around with badges, bugging people and stepping on the toes of PD and SD detectives.  If it was to become a thing, it should just be a department in either PD or SD.

Edited by Paenymion
1 hour ago, Paenymion said:

I think the main reason was that we already have too many "LEO" factions.  We don't need yet another band of people going around with badges, bugging people and stepping on the toes of PD and SD detectives.  If it was to become a thing, it should just be a department in either PD or SD.

The whole thing behind this would be an agency that would have zero to little IC interaction with anyone as majority of the work would be forum reports, arrests would happen through DA approved warrants which then could be carried out by the Sheriff's Department / PD, there wouldn't be people going around stepping on toes, acting like a Federal agency as from what I've heard this would be a state agency and would have little to no ingame interaction. (And yes, there is actually a large group of individuals interested in this so it wouldn't just be a faction that would die down). There also wouldn't be any flashy vehicles issued so that people can use their IRS badges to get out of trouble etc, think of it as the same level as the DA's office although without the ability to flash a shiny badge around / bark orders at law enforcement rather a desk job, nothing more, nothing less. 

I do believe the San Andreas Aviation Authority is very similar to this and has worked with PD before investigating helicopters parked on rooftops and stuff along those lines. 

Edited by Narco