(IRS) Internal Revenue Services Faction

Narco

1 hour ago, liq said:

Only that this approach enrichens anybody with supplier status on the illegal side and anybody with faction pay on the legal side. This thread paints a pretty clear picture of how anybody even bringing IRS (or equivalent) up are players who wouldn't have to deal with it be it as a member nor as a subject of its investigations. When you're not involved in how money actually works for both legal and illegal characters en masse, it's easy to go and throw around words like wipe this and change that.

And then the very same issue starts again, only that now not being completely greedy is no longer a commodity for suppliers and their middlemen. It'd start to be viewed as a necessity.

Personally don't care if it's $250 or $250,000. Just suspend your disbelief and you're good. If you're really try hard, edit screenshots and refer to amounts as their realistic counterparts. Nobody cares.

I mean, that would literally be the only way an IRS-like faction would work, not sure what you're trying to say. If you were to implement it, it would only work if money was completely IC, and money can only be completely IC if such drastic measures are taken. At the moment IC currency doesn't mean much - or anything, for that matter.

Hey guys, not sure if anyone read but there was discussions about making the faction a state entity rather than a federal which would diminish a lot of worries / complaints. I understand it would seem odd although it would make a lot of sense for our lore.

1 hour ago, Sunni said:

I mean, that would literally be the only way an IRS-like faction would work, not sure what you're trying to say. If you were to implement it, it would only work if money was completely IC, and money can only be completely IC if such drastic measures are taken. At the moment IC currency doesn't mean much - or anything, for that matter.

Simple solution: players keep a realistic amount for their portrayal and /charity anything that doesn’t fit it or have a /oocbank only accessible upon your character being cked 🙂 

1. the economy has always been ooc rather than ic making it fucked and extremely bad. you see people running around with millions of cash, no tax, 50 cars in their assets just because the script allows them to. a lot of quality issues come from the economy itself. of course the veteran player with serious development of a character doesn't care about money and roleplays wealth accordingly but the problem here is you cannot have a realistic immersion based off of only that. criminals launder money, sell drugs, guns and you can legit live like a king with no actual job on paper and nobody would bother looking into you. well, those that try that are quickly shut down by management under the pretext "it's not fair and would hurt the player's feelings for the lil text saying $5.000.000.000" when in reality A LOT of players would actually probably enjoy an immersive approach. in short, cops shoot things up and go go pursuits and criminals spam drug sales everyday and once a while a war pops up making the server look like a gang wars gamemode. the moment you go for a niche aspect of roleplay you are met with a big fat NO. you ask ok but why? and the arguments given (if any at all) don't make any sense.

2. you'd solve 80% of the roleplay quality management's cases by just fixing the economy which isn't that hard to do even if people would say it is. if communities 5x the size of gtaw could pull it off I don't see why an effort cant be made here to improve it as well. it's been a topic of discussion since the beggining of the server yet I'm to see an effort being made.

3. IRS or any federal faction (even local ones that arent federal such as DA's Investigative Unit, Highway Patrol, Corrections and Rehabiliations, DMV etc.) will never be approved and accepted no matter how many topics are created stating why it'd be benefic for the server and how many amazing roleplay scenarios might come out of it. You wanna know why? Because those in charge are stuck in 2015 where the only factions that should exist on a server is PD, SD, Gangs, MCs and LCN and anything else would "damage" it. I remember an overhaul of the penal code system that never seen the light of day. I remember RICO being actually something solid that was quickly shut down and forgotten about. unless the mindset of the people running the show will change and they'll accept to give trial runs on faction projects we'll never see interesting factions around. In a nutshell you are told NO but you aren't told why you are told NO. Oh... you will be told "BECAUSE I SAID SO, MY WORD IS FINAL" and you sit there like... ok???

4. i find it funny how active were detectives 2-3 years ago but nowadays it feels like they don't even exist anymore. ain't it amazing when you work months on a case just to be told NO SHUT IT in the end for no reason? I'm not saying it's always the case and there have been successful cases but I can put my hand on fire that in most cases it didn't end well. i mean, someone did mention above that they tried investigating financial issues and was told to calm down cause it ain't happening.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1