Jail & Prison discussion

Your opinions on the jail / prison debate  

903 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was in the DOC on LSRP for around a year and I know it was more than active enough for years especially on peak times (10+ guards for a relatively small facility) so I don't know where the fuck everyone got the idea that it would immediately go inactive. Mapping is going to be super important though because if you make a huge prison it's always going to seem like there's no one ingame and perceptions are incredibly important. Prison RP always goes through peaks and valleys though so don't expect year-round heavy activity.

SD should be completely uninvolved as well as any other legal fac. A DOC needs to be independent and able to lobby for themselves.

And don't try to force people to roleplay there by increasing sentences. Nobody likes that shit. People who get forced into being in jail for more than a reasonable time just end up either AFKing or trolling and that doesn't bring anything of value to either the guards or the serious prison rpers.

Edited by AnthonyCourtney
  • Upvote 5
19 minutes ago, Hutch said:

I was in DOC in LSRP. Trust me, the role play that comes with it is great. It’s super fun.

Likewise, parole and ISU was the shit.

edit: i would join DOC so damn fast itd be great, if anyones trying to set that up hmu, I'm happy to help.

Edited by Boland
10 minutes ago, Narco said:

In all seriousness I don't think this is a step in the right direction, SD has already been putting in a lot of work towards making TTCF work, this would take away a lot of activity in the jail as well as the fact the prison would be active for lets say maybe 1-2 weeks then would die out? and the only individuals that would really roleplay in there are people that are high ranking gang members which barely are active as it is. I mean the idea is cool and all but I don't think it's a step in the right direction as the activity in jail is already lacking and has recently started to pick up due to SD creating a lot of great new updates for the jail. This would essentially butcher everything they've done and would be splitting the small playerbase that there already is. 

I personally just don't think it would really work out adding another faction in such as the DOC since custody has never been popular towards individuals hence jail hours being removed, Sure a lot of people would flock to it at first as it's something new, rushing for ranks within the DOC faction, being active for a bit but eventually they'd get bored and it would just die out. Not the time for this in my honest opinion. 

Brother no quarrel with you here, but you’ve literally seen me log on almost everyday since my marriage/honeymoon, it’s been incredibly active for the white car and it’s well detailed in my posts, not just 30 minute bursts but upwards of 4-5 hours of prime time activity per day. Granted it’s not 24/7 but people can only log on so much. I’m not nitpicking your post I just don’t feel like you saying the leaders are inactive is completely just, as the leader (for the most part) for the jail scene currently it feels a bit jabbed to say that. You can ask any of the active CO’s the frequent amount of times I jevent to get them on and assist their role play. It’s a community effort, not just one gear in that cog. 

I’d believe you have it slightly mistaken on it eradicating their progress. We can take the trustee system and the same systems to a prison, there’s no reason why not. Even if that one portion isn’t the most realistic a system to assist the day to day activity isn’t a bad thing. 

45 minutes ago, Midwest said:

The plan we made would primarily be this, although there would be very light manpower that might reach outside the jail, and in every case would try and work with PD & SD where applicable, which would promote more roleplay.

For example, SADCR would still oversee parole efforts, but SD would also preferably retain something like the parole assistance teams they have in real life (which can still work independently). This can promote some more cross factional roleplay too, alongside extending a larger breadth of interaction to players going through the process.

Provide actual transports (not NPC) from station to prison please. Convoys if dangerous, etc.

• Upvote 1

And to all those dudes who say DOC wont be active, if you were on LSRP, we had a whole faction that did nothing but correctional officer RP and I used to literally RP as a CO probably 5+ hours a day doing nothing but that WHILE actively working in corrections as a detention deputy... So IDK where you're coming from.

• Upvote 2

I've voted no on joining the DOC faction, but I might under some specific circumstances.

First of all, I used to run a SAMP server that was prison focused over a decade ago.

I was also in a DOC faction in a SAMP roleplay server for a long while.

First of all, I agree that felonies should land people in prison and especially those convicted of a crime, and those who only have done things such as get a DUI should get a night in the drunk tank. I also think that the COs should try to interact with the prisoners as much as possible, and encourage roleplay via for example having chow time, shower time, visitation (I'll be visiting quite a lot probably), yard time, and other stuff. There should be tasks to do for prisoners even if there are no COs available, especially for inmates who have been trusted by the DOC faction to do specific jobs.

I'd be interested in joining in, but only if the script actually works with the corrections officers. I'm talking about having things such as a fully IC transport script. This can be achieved by things such as Discord integrations where a CO can opt-in for specific events such as scheduled tasks, requested prisoner transport, and other tasks.

Also allow the inmate population to join the DOC Discord and receive notifications when to get online / be available for events which they either need to do or opt-in for.

• Upvote 1
  • Nervous unpinned this topic