Jail & Prison discussion

Your opinions on the jail / prison debate  

903 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personally, I feel like the current system we have is one of the only one that works. Whether or not you want to admit it, RPing in prison can and will get boring once the "new" factor wears off. From my experience from seeing other servers with a separate DOC, it will most likely be the prisoners RPing amongst themselves in the jail with the occasional guard coming on duty to put someone in solitary or immediately break up a fight. While it might seem bad and annoying for one large LEO faction to REQUIRE their members to put mandatory hours in the prison allows inmates more RP opportunities instead of being locked into one day pod with only so many avenues of roleplay to explore.

What I forsee happening if a dedicated DOC faction is to be implented is LARGE amounts of activity for the first few months to a year of the faction's existence and then it will drastically drop off leaving the prison void of any interaction of the guards and stagnant roleplay enviroment within the prison. 

2 minutes ago, Complaicant said:

Personally, I feel like the current system we have is one of the only one that works. Whether or not you want to admit it, RPing in prison can and will get boring once the "new" factor wears off. From my experience from seeing other servers with a separate DOC, it will most likely be the prisoners RPing amongst themselves in the jail with the occasional guard coming on duty to put someone in solitary or immediately break up a fight. While it might seem bad and annoying for one large LEO faction to REQUIRE their members to put mandatory hours in the prison allows inmates more RP opportunities instead of being locked into one day pod with only so many avenues of roleplay to explore.

What I forsee happening if a dedicated DOC faction is to be implented is LARGE amounts of activity for the first few months to a year of the faction's existence and then it will drastically drop off leaving the prison void of any interaction of the guards and stagnant roleplay enviroment within the prison. 

You just described how the actual system is in your first two sentences instead of describing what could happen if we get a new one.

It's possible that I could be a little out of touch with how the current prison system works, but the rest of what I said is still accurate.

At least with the current set up that I remember where SD is required to put in X amount of hours in the prison garauntees a certain amount of activity from the corrections officers because if they don't then they won't be able to go on patrol and do the other things that they want to do more then roleplay in the prison.

If a dedicated DOC faction is implemented then what I forsee happening is as I said above. A large amount of people will flock to the faction solely based on the fact that it is a new faction. Then the activity levels will very rapidly fall off once that new factor fades. The corrections officers will lose interest in the faction and ultimately there will be a void of consistent activity from DOC officers.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Nervous unpinned this topic