Jail & Prison discussion

Your opinions on the jail / prison debate  

903 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 hours ago, Dynath said:

DOC would help a lot from what I can tell not many actually do prison duty; as for juvie I believe a ward where juveniles are secluded to would make more sense than dividing the man-power of the new faction for a more reasonable approach to interaction with DOC 

I'd honestly prefer a P.C. Pod over a Juvie pod. Makes more sense, as you'll have a good chunk of people sent into Protective Custody, where they an R.P. with each other. If the (M) inmates don't feel safe in General Population? Move them to the P.C. pod.

8 hours ago, Kyyrie said:

For real, being in female prison right now feels like OOC punishment, more than IC.

Lets be honest here, not many people like being punished, for anything. But do they like hanging out outside, doing crimes and allat? Yes they do.

Yet why is it always after they are caught, they start complaining. Take my case as an example. My character is in prison, for something, that could've been easily dismissed as case of trolling and thus voided. But LSSD did a fine job themselves investigating a random corpse and it pointed them towards my character. Given I rp'd the incident already on my own, I was more than happy to follow up on their part of roleplay. Why I am saying this? Because 8/10 people would've followed the void that shit path.

But seeing that LSSD did put efforts into it already, I went with it. Knowing I'll be mostly alone in Prison. But ffs it's roleplay, it's a story.

I will end this with usual. Did the crime, got caught, now doing the time.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Lets be honest here, not many people like being punished, for anything. But do they like hanging out outside, doing crimes and allat? Yes they do.

Yet why is it always after they are caught, they start complaining. Take my case as an example. My character is in prison, for something, that could've been easily dismissed as case of trolling and thus voided. But LSSD did a fine job themselves investigating a random corpse and it pointed them towards my character. Given I rp'd the incident already on my own, I was more than happy to follow up on their part of roleplay. Why I am saying this? Because 8/10 people would've followed the void that shit path.

But seeing that LSSD did put efforts into it already, I went with it. Knowing I'll be mostly alone in Prison. But ffs it's roleplay, it's a story.

I will end this with usual. Did the crime, got caught, now doing the time.

Absolutely agree with everything you've said, being in prison isn't my complaint. Being in an empty prison, with nothing to do other than stare at walls (or go play another character, which is fine.), is pretty boring. There is only so much roleplay you can do in prison before it feels forced, and it's even worse if you're in there alone.   At least in the male prison, you're going to get some roleplay, but even then, it usually just ends in somebody being shanked.

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, Kyyrie said:

Absolutely agree with everything you've said, being in prison isn't my complaint. Being in an empty prison, with nothing to do other than stare at walls (or go play another character, which is fine.), is pretty boring. There is only so much roleplay you can do in prison before it feels forced, and it's even worse if you're in there alone.   At least in the male prison, you're going to get some roleplay, but even then, it usually just ends in somebody being shanked.

Well according to yesterday, mind you I am in TTCF for the first time technically. According to what I saw, it largely depends on timezone and SD shifts. This is where LSSD discord can be useful, cause I am not sure how others, but "I am IG" message on discord I personally don't see as metagaming. Imo for TTCF it could be useful. Maybe I was just lucky, at first I was alone there yesterday, Then someone else logged in, so I approached them. SD noticed someone in women's ward and guard came in, we pulled him into the roleplay as well. And from there it went places.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2023 at 12:44 PM, Swift12x said:

I would like to see a Juvie pod for the minors, its better than having 14-17 year olds in the same pod with grown men.

This. I'd like to see that too. It can be in the same facility as the current prison but a different block or something.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
On 2/5/2023 at 4:07 PM, Midwest said:

Thanks to all for the overwhelming support and interest shown in the thread and the other recent threads over the topic. We are now setting up again and preparing to relaunch the project fully.

https://discord.gg/DnvbB6Hzfq

The discord above is the official one for the project, feel free to join. 

What is the status of this?

• Nervous unpinned this topic