Jail & Prison discussion

Your opinions on the jail / prison debate  

903 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Smurf said:

To compare a SAMP server that probably didn't reach about 70 players to 800+ is wild to me. But if you don't agree with a DOC faction, when LSSD is already spread thin as is; a DOC faction where civilians that want to provide DOC roleplay for those that are lifer and/or characters that have OOC month sentences. Where timezones aren't capable of RPing during the active hours of TTCF. 

Your comment makes no sense, are you for or against it. Cause you originally stated, no. Then you contradicted yourself by saying you're interested in joining if the script works. Ofc the script is going to work, it's similar to how LSPD/LSSD have their commands to control gates, doors and so on. The idea of a DOC faction is to promote more routes of role play and not just limit it to LSSD. In the states (I live in America) if I'm not wrong, California does have a CDCR for their state prisons aswell as they work with LASD when they need help. So two factions that can work together doesn't hurt one side or another.

Everything you stated, is already a thing, just saying.

To respond towards you both, you both make great points. The idea already contained a mixture of both to cut out some issues that did negatively impact DCR side conduct on prior large servers. All set in a way that does not change individual conduct for other LE factions, while instead expanding on it and offering more opportunities to everyone involved.

Edited by Midwest

I played on a GTASA era server where they mixed genders. it's a bit more unrealistic but lots more viable as a criminal female character. was a very good place to be indoctrinated into a gang as a female char.

I'd love to see a place where male and female chars can meet in prison. maybe have a mixed yard to keep the realistic gendered blocks.

Either do one or the other, don't try to do both because you'll ruin both. And for me I literally don't care if it's a jail or prison, each have their own good and bad things. The bad thing about a DOC is the guards can easily become inactive which is less likely with SD. Also don't allow nortenos anywhere, prison or not. 

15 minutes ago, croozerdog said:

I played on a GTASA era server where they mixed genders. it's a bit more unrealistic but lots more viable as a criminal female character. was a very good place to be indoctrinated into a gang as a female char.

I'd love to see a place where male and female chars can meet in prison. maybe have a mixed yard to keep the realistic gendered blocks.

Definitely never ever in a million years does anyone except for this guy croozerdog, want females and males together in the same pod/cell block. Absolutely horrible idea. Will completely ruin realism and immersion. A prison isn't an inclusive environment where everyone is accepted with open arms. It's a brutal proving ground, warzone and a dog eat dog world. If female inmates were housed with male inmates IRL they'd be victimized and raped even more than male inmates who are housed with male inmates are. This is how good concepts like SA DOC and the prison are ruined.

I think that Management and the people who actually RP in the current jail day in day out and have actually put in the effort to understand the IRL dynamics of the jail/prison system, are the only one's who's opinions on this really hold any weight. The rest of ya'll don't really have any skin in the game and like this dude croozerdog probably don't know what you're talking about.

• Upvote 5
29 minutes ago, croozerdog said:

Absolutely not 

• Upvote 7

DOC worked just fine on LSRP and I don't see why it wouldn't work here. Just implement rules that dictate what can/can't be done when DOC members are not present. Also, this is a new avenue of LEO rp for those folks who don't want to use teamspeak.

• Upvote 1
  • Nervous unpinned this topic