Jail & Prison discussion

Your opinions on the jail / prison debate  

903 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

apart from spending almost all of 2022 as a custody assistant and working up to a supervising line deputy i did a lot for inmates, such as the ULSA-TTCF pen pal program and wanted to institute things like wildland firefighting 

For me sadcr is a dream that needs to be realized 

Edited by radreaper100
  • Thanks 1
53 minutes ago, vralf said:

no such thing as ooc punishment for ic crimes.. 

Being stuck in a mostly non-rp area also feels like an OOC punishment sometimes. Especially when the cops have had a long day and also dont really rp on the way. Just feels very shallow compared to the rest of the server. I love that they're re-working it ^^

5 minutes ago, radreaper100 said:

apart from spending almost all of 2022 as a custody assistant and working up to a supervising line deputy i did a lot for inmates, such as the ULSA-TTCF pen pal program and wanted to institute things like wildland firefighting 

not all heroes wear capes, you guys make being inside bearable ❤️

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, TommyX said:

Provide actual transports (not NPC) from station to prison please. Convoys if dangerous, etc.

There would be a heavy focus on this for SADCR and SD could do it independently too (both handle transports IRL so, not really much of a skew on that point either). There'd also be accessible commands to LE characters and inmates that'd preferably allow the transfer to be done if it cannot actually be conducted ic (which could happen if times are hard to match up). 

30 minutes ago, Boland said:

And to all those dudes who say DOC wont be active, if you were on LSRP, we had a whole faction that did nothing but correctional officer RP and I used to literally RP as a CO probably 5+ hours a day doing nothing but that WHILE actively working in corrections as a detention deputy... So IDK where you're coming from.

yeah, maybe this revamp will get both sides online and show them there can be fun rp in there

17 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

I've voted no on joining the DOC faction, but I might under some specific circumstances.

First of all, I used to run a SAMP server that was prison focused over a decade ago.

I was also in a DOC faction in a SAMP roleplay server for a long while.

First of all, I agree that felonies should land people in prison and especially those convicted of a crime, and those who only have done things such as get a DUI should get a night in the drunk tank. I also think that the COs should try to interact with the prisoners as much as possible, and encourage roleplay via for example having chow time, shower time, visitation (I'll be visiting quite a lot probably), yard time, and other stuff. There should be tasks to do for prisoners even if there are no COs available, especially for inmates who have been trusted by the DOC faction to do specific jobs.

I'd be interested in joining in, but only if the script actually works with the corrections officers. I'm talking about having things such as a fully IC transport script. This can be achieved by things such as Discord integrations where a CO can opt-in for specific events such as scheduled tasks, requested prisoner transport, and other tasks.

Also allow the inmate population to join the DOC Discord and receive notifications when to get online / be available for events which they either need to do or opt-in for.

To compare a SAMP server that probably didn't reach about 70 players to 800+ is wild to me. But if you don't agree with a DOC faction, when LSSD is already spread thin as is; a DOC faction where civilians that want to provide DOC roleplay for those that are lifer and/or characters that have OOC month sentences. Where timezones aren't capable of RPing during the active hours of TTCF. 

Your comment makes no sense, are you for or against it. Cause you originally stated, no. Then you contradicted yourself by saying you're interested in joining if the script works. Ofc the script is going to work, it's similar to how LSPD/LSSD have their commands to control gates, doors and so on. The idea of a DOC faction is to promote more routes of role play and not just limit it to LSSD. In the states (I live in America) if I'm not wrong, California does have a CDCR for their state prisons aswell as they work with LASD when they need help. So two factions that can work together doesn't hurt one side or another.

Everything you stated, is already a thing, just saying.

• Upvote 2
  • Nervous unpinned this topic