Jail & Prison discussion

Your opinions on the jail / prison debate  

903 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My humble opinion is as stated. The current portrayal we have for the criminal system I believe isn’t completely just, you have people committing PK murders and going to jail for 5-7 days. You have weapons charges getting you 3 days. Assault on an LEO, evading arrest, and drunk driving getting you in total 3-4 days. All for you to end up in a county jail. Not only are these jail times too short, but in completely penalizes the incarceration system for the big three (which is la eMe, aryan brotherhood, and black car) - you’ll have people stone cold murder someone then play an alt for a week and their jail development is robbed completely of them, but to all the other players who are actively involved in the system such as myself. 

Not only are jail terms too short, but they’re gateways to enabling poor portrayal. We need to see larger sentencing, and a genuine prison sentence. Just think on it. If you were staring down the barrel of being forced for a few weeks into a correctional facility and forced to role play there to get out, being a block sliding maniac wouldn’t be such a reasonable approach to dealing with your quarrels. The fact that murder charges, and vehicle endangerment charges end up in the same place is literally horrid portrayal. It’s not fair to us who stay constantly inside, and not fair for the players who get to end up there to deal with it all. 

I’ve been in jail daily for a year now. Started as a fresh character with no affiliation and I’ve risen to a probation stage in the aryan brotherhood. My opinion on the matter is well educated. I implore you to check my screenshots and character development. I encourage a slow burn prison experience, longer terms and a genuine prison would help fuel that flame entirely. This is something faction like the big three have been waiting on for years. It’s high time we get it and we thank you for the attention on the matter @Nervous . 

It will help the illegal scene ten fold, and hopefully strike a bit more fear into criminals knowing that they face a prison sentence with no escape. Forcing them to band up with a car, encouraging the illegal scene while incarcerated to be on their toes. You always hear stories of people going to prison then coming out a professional crook, this is a stepping stone to allowing that. 

• Upvote 2

I'm in favor of having a new prison, and something of that magnitude warrants a proper entity to look after it. Prison will open new avenues for role-play and further development. Inmate work programs, sufficient interaction from correctional officers, quality role-play from prison gangs, and lifers etcetera is what would constitute a decent role-playing environment. 

I understand that the hype and numbers can dwindle down as time passes, but isn't that the case with basically everything? The idea should be to promote what we have right now in a new environment with a proper entity at the helm that is solely responsible for prison. To prevent the hype from falling down, it is important to ensure that prison as a whole isn't overlooked. All in all, it can be a very fruitful avenue if it reaches its true potential.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Wuhtah said:

If the LEO faction had a jail-only type of employment, yes to a prison. 

The plan we made would primarily be this, although there would be very light manpower that might reach outside the jail, and in every case would try and work with PD & SD where applicable, which would promote more roleplay.

For example, SADCR would still oversee parole efforts, but SD would also preferably retain something like the parole assistance teams they have in real life (which can still work independently). This can promote some more cross factional roleplay too, alongside extending a larger breadth of interaction to players going through the process.

• Thanks 1

As long as the Nuestra Familia is allowed, I believe this would create a positive roleplay experience,

This is a message from the Nuestro General to all my carnales in the pinta holding it down, continue to push, pull and strive for the cause ene

114%

• Upvote 4
  • Nervous unpinned this topic