Facebrowser & it's current state

Yoak

There's an argument to be had that FB is like an unfiltered window into particular niches of RP, but that kinda falls apart when you think about how many people actually use FB. I doubt it's a substantial number compared to how many people actually play on the server, and that's probably why some aspects dominate more than others. It's not a real representation of the communities that exist in-game. The accounts who post the most content tend to be the same group of people over and over again.

TLDR: We tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter. It's not that deep. 

37 minutes ago, Yoak said:

no, its not an ic issue since there is no moderation of FB ic, its all OOC, the website is misused and brings so many missed opportunities of good roleplay, all because it's clouded with ERP fanatics

How exactly is the website misused?

Social media is intended for people to connect with others, build relationships and share conversations and information. If female characters post half-naked pictures and in return they increase their visibility and generate more interaction with others, aren't they dead on using the platform for what it's meant to be? If ERP comes out of those interactions, who cares? That isn't the platform's responsibility to control. That's like asking Mark Zuckerberg to forbid Facebook users from hooking up — it's blatantly stupid.

Plus, I daresay if you're looking at said half-naked pictures, then you're the target demographic of such pictures market and thus hypocritical for complaining about them. If you're not, then how do you know about them in the first place?

Again, let people give whatever use they want to FB. Do you solely wish to stick to staying in touch with your character's friends and family? Do you just use it so your character can see what's being talked about, discuss opinions with others or find new content? Do you just plan on having your character share semi-naked pictures because they're sexually free or simply seek to validate their worth from others or up their self-esteem? Fine. Stop trying to dictate how people should use it. If they're okay with it, why aren't you?

• Upvote 1

It's really interesting that some morbidly obese player, probably living in their parents basement downloads various thicc mp freemode female mods, spends hours editing just to post on a virtual social media for a virtual avatar.

FB might have regular and/or wholesome posts here and there, but the majority is just either thicc mp freemode females, drug dealers accounts or gangbangers.

Not that I care but the ratio is rather strange. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote 9
10 minutes ago, BadassBaboon said:

It's really interesting that some morbidly obese player, probably living in their parents basement downloads various thicc mp freemode female mods, spends hours editing just to post on a virtual social media for a virtual avatar.

FB might have regular and/or wholesome posts here and there, but the majority is just either thicc mp freemode females, drug dealers accounts or gangbangers.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, BadassBaboon said:

my thoughts exactly lol

2 hours ago, DLimit said:

Block OR report function exists for a reason. Use it.

Still would prefer for an Online Task Force to exist to combat against gang-members foolish enough to post their gang activities on the net, all day.

That can be done via/in LEO factions. People just opt not to. No where does it say you can’t open a case on a gang displaying illicit activities online. 

• Selena locked this topic