Facebrowser & it's current state

Yoak

7 minutes ago, Mitch said:

I agree with the majority of your statement but this. How can Facebrowser be ran IC'ly without any moderation or admins? It makes no sense the only platform we can use isn't ran by anyone. It doesn't make any continuity sense for a platform to still receive updates, yet have no official 'IC' management or leadership. You could throw a dummy John Doe for leadership, but saying that your OOC is kinda weird. 

It was kept this way because if we made it an IC entity you know that someone would take a step too far and attempt to lynch the IC moderators for say... deleting a comment, a post, you name it, these iC individuals will face a severe amount of backlash - additionally, that opens the door for players to be mods too. That alone will not be an IC thing, nor an OOC thing due to the amount of data FB mods get exposed to.

It's kept OOC for security, trusted admins, trusted admins to not leak your information too - it's meant to be this way imo. I think its safer that way instead of opening the avenue up for players who (not all players) could potentially abuse it, log into other acounts, leak data, change passwords, change subscriptions and so forth.

EDIT: Not saying that ALL players would abuse. Not saying that the intention of players joining FB mod is to abuse, it's just an example.

It's more secure this way.

Edited by Selena
Added an important note
  • Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, Selena said:

I hope that clears some things up - finally, if there are fundamental issues with something going on, arguments taking it a step too far, OOC mixing, OOC motivation towards bullying, RPQM cases etc, you can forward them to me, you can send RPQM a report yourself, you can submit a forum report on whomever. There are avenues, but with roughly 10,000 active users on this site, it's unrealistic to expect a couple of Mods (voluntary) to handle the influx of reports coming in.

Thank you Selena for your reponse, I know you're busy. I think your reply has saved us from a lot of anger in the future!

My main question was what is the admins take on the state, not just moderators, I will, in the future take your advice and feel to report if necessary.

In the meantime, I'd appreciate if the thread wasn't locked due to one response and we continued to gather feedback from the community if that is okay?

I don't get the point of creating a  character if you're never going to utilize them in-game. It's as though these people can't get enough of the virtual "likes" and "shares" they'll never get in real life. You don't need FaceBrowser to simply show off your awesome Menyoo screenshots; instead, post them in the GTAW #gallery section. It's that simple. 🤷‍♀️ 

Edited by Nani mo Iranai
  • Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, Selena said:

Plus to add - it's players who push to post whatever they want (i.e topless photos, short shorts, borderline-explicit content) who end up reporting others for posting whatever they want. I find it a hard limbo to get out of. 

Yeah I can see why they'd do that. As you said a new system is in the making, so I'm sure we're all quite excited for this 🙂 all those except mr shawcross cant find the @

Edited by Yoak
Just now, Yoak said:

Thank you Selena for your reponse, I know you're busy. I think your reply has saved us from a lot of anger in the future!

My main question was what is the admins take on the state, not just moderators, I will, in the future take your advice and feel to report if necessary.

In the meantime, I'd appreciate if the thread wasn't locked due to one response and we continued to gather feedback from the community if that is okay?

Fine with me - I'm open for people to send me forum DMs with their concerns so we as a team can iron them out.

I'm happy with suggestions being made. I'm likely going to post a WIP version of the rules for feedback so that everyone's been included in the decisions being implemented.

So you can send me tyour concerns, comments, feedback. Whilst I can't promise FB mods will take action on everything, we're trying our absolute best.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Nani mo Iranai said:

I don't get the point of creating a  character if you're never going to utilize them in-game. It's as though these people can't get enough of the virtual "likes" and "shares" they'll never get in real life. You don't need FaceBrowser to simply show off your awesome Menyoo screenshots; instead, post them in the GTAW #gallery section. It's that simple. 🤷‍♀️ 

I understand the frustration - I share the same opinion. It's not for me to decide the restrictions on that, though I will say it has been mentioned - and recently too.

• Upvote 3

Honestly? Where did the libertarian values of "if it doesn't effect you, then why care?" go? I get some folks don't like gang content, or some folks want FB to be a beacon of southern Baptist Christian values... but like... the block function exists? no one forces you to add them to your friends list.

I get the problem of characters looking identical, or people posting photos for characters that don't exist ig, and yeah that's a bit dumb I wont lie, but still. 

also stop using facebrowser beef's an excuse to DM the living f*ck out of each other... like damn stop. u don't go punch john smith cause he posted a rude word on a photo of yours irl.. so why do it here?

oh and shoutout to Raven for reminding me... please dear god delete the featured post or at least give us a way to hide it for good... like idc if someone's new onlyfans has dropped, i don't care if someone's got a fancy new diamond watch... featured posts are just a pain in the ass we can't stop being forced to see.

and big up selena for somehow managing to deal with the zoo that is FB some time, much respect even if i do disagree w/ some stuff and the way its done.

Edited by Mecovy
  • Upvote 2

It was probably being mentioned, I'm just too lazy to read right now.

It's frustrating to see people posing with guns, showcasing how "badass" they are, or the majority of "menyoo thots" on this platform.
Unlike IRL social media, where you can chose what you wanna see- as you follow people that interest you- FB forces that right upon you just opening it.
Featured posts will mostly be used to promote their ERP character that'll get namechanged within the same month just to RP some rich person.
Then the self made google sites acting like it'd be a onlyfans page. Such links should be flagged and trashed imo- I personally don't wanna see this sh*t (excuse my language).

FB has been quite frustrating for some users that just want to use the page as it was intended to- connect with other people, make friends, promote businesses and RP in general. Only a few actually put effort into their posts in general and I actually enjoy seeing that, just this as an example as I scrolled through seemingly endless pictures of half naked chicks posing in questionable positions.

This is how FB should be, and shoutout to this user and some others for keeping it real 🙏

a6UFfLg.png

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2

There are so many pictures posted by gang members that show them displaying with their, often, illegally possessed firearms, including up to assault rifles and the pictures nor the account gets suspended. Some of them even post their killings.

Then again, if nobody reports them, it's not FB Moderation's fault for not filtering illegal content on the site. Same goes to nudity and all that.

Edited by thekillergreece
  • Upvote 1
  • Selena locked this topic