feeling totally out of place as an average joe/criminal character

Gallagher

9 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Now, are we talking the "Port Authority" region of the map? Or, the piers by Vespucci and Del Perro? Those markets don't appear to be at locations resembling the Port Authority.

Yeah so I wanted to do it on the edge of Elysian Island, not in the terminal obviously.  Similar to this one really.  To be honest it is neither here nor there.  Mypoint remains, it is overly bureaucratic, takes too long and has an over reliance on the length of time someone has played the character.

b3cGqk3.png

Edited by Jolagh
15 minutes ago, Jolagh said:

Yeah so I wanted to do it on the edge of Elysian Island, not in the terminal obviously.  Similar to this one really.  To be honest it is neither here nor there.  Mypoint remains, it is overly bureaucratic, takes too long and has an over reliance on the length of time someone has played the character.

b3cGqk3.png

Bureaucracy in general has been out of control here. You’d think it’d have something to do with most of us getting older and apply real world bureaucracy to the environment under the monicker of realism. Instead I have since come to the belief that bureaucracy is largely weaponized to gatekeep, consolidate and maintain influence, and enact rogue retaliation against competitors. I don’t know how else to justify the vast majority of convoluted, exhausting and entirely pointless processes and systems that have been put in place to make it as unappealing as possible to do stuff. 

• Applaud 1

Interesting to start the thread with bashing specific interior and then saying "plz, no bashing".

Instead of complaining about others businesses, why not lead by example and make ordinary business that you want, instead of trying to change others on what they enjoy? Its not that hard to get hours on a alt and start your own business with good enough reasonings. We have wonderful admins like Wuhtah in PM team, that are more than happy to help out, long as the business is well thought out.

Running business is already huge IC and OOC headache. Dealing with robberies, shootouts, overall scum just causing trouble just for hell of it, script issues and so on. 

• Upvote 2
On 7/23/2022 at 9:20 AM, ZaE said:

The whole server and the city feels like a parody of what people think America is 

Couldn't agree any more, especially the club goers that are in night clubs every single time they open, hopping between 3-5 different clubs / bar every single day, driving exotic cars, living in an expensive apartment, and not portraying their character realistically to do such. 

Pretty much I've noticed it's the players with a lot of money and as OP said, that own businesses which don't know how to portray an average joe, they all want to be rich and famous like Carry Saunders but not everybody is a famous newscaster like Carry Saunders and they attempt to portray their characters as some rich American living in LA that doesn't work at all but has an endless amount of money, very memeable. 

Just now, Narco said:

Couldn't agree any more, especially the club goers that are in night clubs every single time they open, hopping between 3-5 different clubs / bar every single day, driving exotic cars, living in an expensive apartment, and not portraying their character realistically to do such. 

Pretty much I've noticed it's the players with a lot of money and as OP said, that own businesses which don't know how to portray an average joe, they all want to be rich and famous like Carry Saunders but not everybody is a famous newscaster like Carry Saunders and they attempt to portray their characters as some rich American living in LA that doesn't work at all but has an endless amount of money, very memeable. 

What’s the background story here? 

3 minutes ago, Lindsie said:

Interesting to start the thread with bashing specific interior and then saying "plz, no bashing".

Instead of complaining about others businesses, why not lead by example and make ordinary business that you want, instead of trying to change others on what they enjoy? Its not that hard to get hours on a alt and start your own business with good enough reasonings. We have wonderful admins like Wuhtah in PM team, that are more than happy to help out, long as the business is well thought out.

Running business is already huge IC and OOC headache. Dealing with robberies, shootouts, overall scum just causing trouble just for hell of it, script issues and so on. 

I mean most interiors mapping are very unrealistic and are mapped to look like fantasylands off an RPG, look at most night clubs, they're all super large and unrealistically big with multiple floors, fountains, etc, literally looking like a Las Vegas night club but in Los Angeles, we're meant to be portraying Los Angeles and as a Californian I can say a solid 80 percent of businesses are very large and unrealistic of what you would find in LA. Most night clubs are very closed in and don't have water falls coming down the side of the walls and whatnot. 

I can see your point of view regarding believing he's bashing these kinds of interiors, although he really isn't wrong with his opinion seeing as they are very unrealistic. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Narco said:

I can see your point of view regarding believing he's bashing these kinds of interiors, although he really isn't wrong with his opinion seeing as they are very unrealistic. 

Perhaps, I like the interior so I might be biased. 😛

• Wuhtah locked this topic