feeling totally out of place as an average joe/criminal character

Gallagher

7 minutes ago, Decker said:

Never been to a fish & chips shop at a port lmfao. I'll be honest, it's kind of reasonable that you got denied.

Lots of ports have eateries for the workers and for the community surrounding the ports.

1 minute ago, Jolagh said:

Lots of ports have eateries for the workers and for the community surrounding the ports.

No idea where you've seen those, but there's no fish & chips shops at the port of my city, a city where literally everyone eats seafood, nor is there any at the port of LA. Perhaps do it at a beach instead.

This is actually something I myself had a bit of a problem with. Why does every coffee shop or restraunt have a look like Valhalla?

When I was working with interior designers they would often want to make the nicest fanciest place they can. When in reality trying to get a place to look that good should be freaking expensive and down in vinewood.

If i pay someone to make my place in downtown, It should look the part. Same with the retail locations, it feels.... off

• Upvote 2

I don't know what it is with people NOT wanting their place to look ordinary or like shit, the amount of businesses I've been to which looked somewhat ordinary can be counted using fingers on the hand of a blind lumberjack. Everything is really boujee, I find myself out of place not just as a criminal but also as a civilian punk/goth character who would never in their right mind step foot into some Starbucks looking ass business and pay $20 for a coffee. Los Angeles is not all boujee and classy everywhere you go, there are terrible, shitty businesses running for years because people don't have better choices. Running an even somewhat mediocre looking business somewhere else than Vinewood will not ruin your reputation, you will be fucking praised for finally giving the majority of a server a place to hang out in. Many of us are tired of clubs, pubs and cafes that look too classy for our characters to even enter.

• Upvote 3
47 minutes ago, Decker said:

No idea where you've seen those, but there's no fish & chips shops at the port of my city, a city where literally everyone eats seafood, nor is there any at the port of LA. Perhaps do it at a beach instead.

Think we will have to agree to disagree https://www.sanpedrofish.com/locations/#sanpedro

Literally in the same channel as the port of LA.  The location I proposed was not at a beach nor was it at the main terminal.

7 minutes ago, Jolagh said:

Think we will have to agree to disagree https://www.sanpedrofish.com/locations/#sanpedro

Literally in the same channel as the port of LA.  The location I proposed was not at a beach nor was it at the main terminal.

The markets are near the ports while the grilles are within areas packed with businesses. A market usually just sells raw rish, not cooked food for people to eat.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic