feeling totally out of place as an average joe/criminal character

Gallagher

I used to own a small goth dive bar literally twenty feet from Mission Row. Yet I always had people coming over from God knows where to cause trouble. Minors getting mad they're not getting alcohol, drunk people trying to start fights, one dude tried boarding the outside of the business up because he got mad for whatever reason, people trying to extort you for whatever reason.

It just put me off owning a business because realistically I chose this place for "protection" since LSPD was 5 seconds away and my character wouldn't have money to pay for continuous security/taxes.

This wasn't only my business too. I've seen people try to extort businesses in front of all the people, criminals (I won't say faction names) coming in groups and turning the experience for everyone sour and the list goes on.

• Upvote 2

Meanwhile another extravagant place opened, Oasies, swimming pool, Roman pillers, prison fences, 3D black cubes, park benches and a wine celler bigger than Hermann Gorings, just WTF? Even for todays ugly modernism archictecture is unecceptable.

• Upvote 2

Despite agreeing with the nature of the OP's post considering my character absolutely hates all these fancy pants businesses around town, I do believe it's a live and let live type of thing. Avoid the places you don't like, nobody is forcing you to roleplay there. If there is a large demographic who enjoy these type of interiors let them roleplay in them, they're not harming or hurting anyone or forcing it upon you. It really is a non-issue, request some businesses of your own if you want a more grimy setting.

I had a lot of problems with PM 2years ago and I definitey wasn't the only one, it was in an extremely bad state but currently PM is actually doing pretty good and they've been extremely helpful and cooperative. I'm sure they're more than willing to work together with you on this.

Edited by Martyn
8 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Despite agreeing with the nature of the OP's post considering my character absolutely hates all these fancy pants businesses around town, I do believe it's a live and let live type of thing. Avoid the places you don't like, nobody is forcing you to roleplay there. If there is a large demographic who enjoy these type of interiors let them roleplay in them, they're not harming or hurting anyone or forcing it upon you. It really is a non-issue, request some businesses of your own if you want a more grimy setting.

I had a lot of problems with PM 2years ago and I definitey wasn't the only one, it was in an extremely bad state but currently PM is actually doing pretty good and they've been extremely helpful and cooperative. I'm sure they're more than willing to work together with you on this.

i think there’s two issues here:

1) it is undeniably more difficult to get a business if u have a ‘grimy’ character. however, wuhtah has agreed to allow alts to own the businesses. this is very helpful for illegal factions.

2) grimy businesses can attract a lot of issues which business owners seem to want to avoid. so, the next step with this issue is determining how to avoid that without stifling roleplay.

we also need to be, as a community, more vocal about these unrealistic interiors. As clearly, it pushes the admin team towards changing things 

3 hours ago, Vassilios said:

I used to own a small goth dive bar literally twenty feet from Mission Row. Yet I always had people coming over from God knows where to cause trouble. Minors getting mad they're not getting alcohol, drunk people trying to start fights, one dude tried boarding the outside of the business up because he got mad for whatever reason, people trying to extort you for whatever reason.

It just put me off owning a business because realistically I chose this place for "protection" since LSPD was 5 seconds away and my character wouldn't have money to pay for continuous security/taxes.

This wasn't only my business too. I've seen people try to extort businesses in front of all the people, criminals (I won't say faction names) coming in groups and turning the experience for everyone sour and the list goes on.

I always found this weird tbh, especially when it comes to our well known goth/industrial club. Pretty much everyone know what it is and where it is. Yet you often got people like bikers and organized crime groups walking inside just to harrass people. Why? Were they bored or something?

• Wuhtah locked this topic