Roe V Wade in the context of GTA:W.

Kari

Roe V Wade in the context of GTA:W.  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Previously mentioned things have been limited for 'escapism' reasons, yet so many things affecting every day people are still allowed and some of the things have life-changing effects on people, I do not see why this should be outright restricted on OOC basis. Like @mj2002 said, if it is something you wish to avoid, then there are numerous ways of avoiding such topics ICly — I have avoided things by simply walking away and not entertaining myself or others. 

If we'll start shoving everything under the 'escapism' umbrella, we'll be left with absolutely nothing, because each one of us continue here to play for different reasons. At the same time, if the conversation is pulled out of the blue — you're talking about the weather and then someone shifts to 'abortion lol' topic out of nowhere, that's just an OOC agenda that they're trying to push and can be intervened and dealt with by the administrators. Absolutely no reason to keep pushing these OOC restrictions on something that becomes a 'hot topic' in every step of people's lives.

Edited by dawpi
  • Upvote 3

Yes I did read on that just now, but honestly, how does is enhace or influence roleplay here. UA war and Covid, well Covid we kinda have here, its called high crime rate in LS, so it technically limits roleplay to an extent, why adding more limits and UA war is not wanted here, simply because its a breeding grounds for useless arguments. Ppl have lot of issues on their own as it is. And then I really dont know why people would feel to mention controversial topics IC. Server lore and continuity has lot of stuff for people to play with.

Edited by Engelbert
7 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Yes I did read on that just now, but honestly, how does is enhace or influence roleplay here. UA war and Covid, well Covid we kinda have here, its called high crime rate in LS, so it technically limits roleplay to an extent, why adding more limits and UA war is not wanted here, simply because its a breeding grounds for useless arguments. Ppl have lot of issues on their own as it is. 

This makes absolutely no sense, the post that you have just... posted. It's a controversial topic, similarly like UA war and the effect that COVID had. Whilst I do not want to deviate from the topic itself, it does have an effect on certain groups of people in the United States, not all, of course. Again, it's a controversial 'hot' topic to have. It's the immaturity of the community that is one of a biggest concerns here, and it is really is concerning on how people will treat it as ICly, given their past interactions/introductions/mockery of different events, hence the discussion topic. While this may not have an affect on you in your home country, it hits some in their own countries, or from experiences.

Edited by dawpi

Uncomfortable topic, does not bring any valuable roleplay to the majority of the server. We can do fine without it being mentioned.

Did it bring Senate some RP by voting and discussing it? Sure, it did. 

Is it worth being acknowledged IC just because it provides RP to select few people and provides discomfort to majority (TBD, based on votes)? I don't think we need it.

Topics like these need to have a community wide vote if they should be IC or not.

I agree with OP, simply because it isn't just world conflicts/issues that we're told to limit IC.

During the awful time of the George Floyd situation, even though it was only a USA based thing, it was still made a rule to not mention it ICly.

I imagine a lot of women are feeling now, what a lot of black people were feeling back then, and they should be able to play a game and forget about it for a while.

It doesn't necessarily need to be banned as a talking point forever, just for the time being while it's difficult to look anywhere on the internet without reading about it for some people. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
1 minute ago, dawpi said:

This makes absolutely no sense, the post that you have just... posted. It's a controversial topic, similarly like UA war and the effect that COVID had. Whilst I do not want to deviate from the topic itself and does have an effect on certain groups of people in the United States, not all, of course. Again, it's a controversial 'hot' topic to have. It's the immaturity of the community that is one of a biggest concerns here, and it is really is concerning on how people will treat it as ICly, given their past interactions/introductions/mockery of different events, hence the discussion topic. While this may not have an affect on you in your home country, it hits some in their own countries, or from experiences.

You just said the point of my post. Maybe I forgot to mention it. 

It's a video game set in US. when something happens in US politics, don't cherry-pick. Makes no sense. might as well void the entire 2nd Amendment because guns are responsible for a lot of death. Same mentality.

I have hopes that LFM will make the right decision and keep the past few SCOTUS rulings an IC deal. Deal with this ICly, stop shutting everything down OOCly because "escapism". It's unhealthy. 

• Upvote 6

As I have a character who introduced the topic, I’ll leave my opinion here;

I will not give an OOC opinion on the political matter as I think most people are not entirely educated on why decisions were made.

I personally do not mind if it is taken off by Continuity simply because, and I believe it is accepted by administration, people will choose and have chosen to simply void any IC pregnancy they have for a plethora of reasons (whether they just don’t want to rp a pregnancy anymore or discovered that rping having a child just isn’t what they want).

The matter is a prominent topic in the United States, and that’s why the SA Senate went ahead with it. This was all fine up until the first committee hearing. It brought interest to the political scene, both good and bad. In fact, I think it’s helped realize that our faction can do more than just (for the most part) discuss things with ourselves. We’ve realized the importance of not only involving others into the matter (witnesses, expert witnesses, etc) but also the appreciation that such topics will truly take time to ever come to pass (or fail) which I think can help us appreciate the time and effort of lawmaking RP.

The amount of OOC DMs I received over this topic, however, has truly killed any will for me to continue roleplaying this topic. My opinion is that I do not mind either decision made, but by this point I am already fed up with the IC topic because it has gone OOC. I understand that people are offended by anything in their own rightful way, but it’s too much when an IC matter is taken into my DMs over and over again.

• Upvote 1
  • Shanks locked this topic