Roe V Wade in the context of GTA:W.

Kari

Roe V Wade in the context of GTA:W.  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh my goodness, we can't keep shying away and hiding from topics that make us uncomfortable. This is an RP server with DEATH and murder and adultry and all love triangles and ERP for god sakes.

We should be ALLOWED to mention ICly important events and topics that effect the country that we are RPing in and the last time we checked it was in America. We can not and must not pull the rose colored cotton wool over our eyes because an awful ruling was made by the US Supreme Court. We should be allowed to face it head on and discuss it and recognize that it has happened from an IC point of view. That can be in any form, from a casual conversation to RP that happens in the government to make sure the State of San Andreas will continue to allow abortions (or not ;o).

I strongly disagree with any idea that we shouldn't be allowed to discuss it or mention it ICly. This is important, this is happen and it's current news. We can't keep doing this with sensitive issues. 

Edited by Late
  • Upvote 5

We are comfortable with people portraying very awful people. We are fine with homophobia and racism because it's a game and RP. Idk why draw the line at abortion (something that effects less people on this server than racism and homophobia lol). 

Just be grown up and mature about it.

• Upvote 5

It's current news like @Late said, it should be discussed ICly between characters because it is indeed a thing here in the United States of America. It brings more roleplay to conversation. If it's discussed OOCly in a messy way, I can understand that, but as far as I know IC and OOC are two separate values on the server. Being called a racial slur OOC is considered to be more volatile than being called a racial slur IC, so how come the topic of abortion can't be the same way?

Edited by LuckyBastard
6 minutes ago, Pádraig said:

We are comfortable with people portraying very awful people. We are fine with homophobia and racism because it's a game and RP. Idk why draw the line at abortion (something that effects less people on this server than racism and homophobia lol). 

Just be grown up and mature about it.

We weren't fine with racism though, as we made it a banned subject to talk about George Floyd. No one is saying never talk about abortions, I  think what they're trying to imply is that it should just be avoided right now.

There's never going to be a right answer about something like this, but the main thing to remember is that GTAW is a game. Games are meant to be fun. Not simulations of real life to the point where it's making a large portion of the playerbase uncomfortable.

• Upvote 4
10 minutes ago, Zani said:

As I have a character who introduced the topic, I’ll leave my opinion here;

I will not give an OOC opinion on the political matter as I think most people are not entirely educated on why decisions were made.

I personally do not mind if it is taken off by Continuity simply because, and I believe it is accepted by administration, people will choose and have chosen to simply void any IC pregnancy they have for a plethora of reasons (whether they just don’t want to rp a pregnancy anymore or discovered that rping having a child just isn’t what they want).

The matter is a prominent topic in the United States, and that’s why the SA Senate went ahead with it. This was all fine up until the first committee hearing. It brought interest to the political scene, both good and bad. In fact, I think it’s helped realize that our faction can do more than just (for the most part) discuss things with ourselves. We’ve realized the importance of not only involving others into the matter (witnesses, expert witnesses, etc) but also the appreciation that such topics will truly take time to ever come to pass (or fail) which I think can help us appreciate the time and effort of lawmaking RP.

The amount of OOC DMs I received over this topic, however, has truly killed any will for me to continue roleplaying this topic. My opinion is that I do not mind either decision made, but by this point I am already fed up with the IC topic because it has gone OOC. I understand that people are offended by anything in their own rightful way, but it’s too much when an IC matter is taken into my DMs over and over again.

Honestly if your faction can only gain interest by discussing hot button OOC political discourses that don’t effect IC events that much instead of making waves by discussing hotbutton IC issues like criminal law reform or any sort of drug reform. I have a hard time justifying your existence as an entity that can honestly just be ran by LFM as nameless senators.

• Upvote 2
Just now, KinnyWynny said:

Honestly if your faction can only gain interest by discussing hot button OOC political discourses that don’t effect IC events that much instead of making waves by discussing hotbutton IC issues like criminal law reform or any sort of drug reform. I have a hard time justifying your existence as an entity that can honestly just be ran by LFM as nameless senators.

If you have an issue with how my faction is ran, you're free to discuss it with me in private at H04X#1419 or in forum PMs.

You of all people should know that senseless faction bashing doesn't get you far. Having a different opinion is okay, but don't turn it into blind attacks. 

It's kind of concerning how many men are giving their takes on is a women's issue. As a woman it is a deeply tough issue for me.

It goes to show how inclusive the GTAW community still is to women, I feel men shouldn't be voicing their opinion on an issue that doesn't effect their bodies and mental health.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

Think of it another way, how can you ban Rafi Habeeb and Edgars Gudlevskis from having an IC private discussion about these issues. Two characters who're very politically involved and have talked about politics both IC local issues and other American issues together ever since they first met over a year ago? They met because of politics. What right do you think you have to stop us from doing that and dictating what we can and can't RP in a private setting?

I mean this respectfully but you're going to see this on every news website, every newspaper in every shop over the next couple of days. If you were to walk into a conversation IG between two people discussing this, does it actually cause you alarm and distress?

• Shanks locked this topic