Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

12 minutes ago, Element said:

Nothing but respect to everyone who is still playing at the LS server. Over the last couple weeks, I had some very different interactions IC'ly that I don't think would happen pre-LC release, and feels like almost everyone whoe is still here is really caring about long roleplays, conversations, business development and all that.

On top of that, I want to reinforce what has already been posted here: IFM, please get rid of the requests. Take a look at each one of them with affection, we are not at the 700 online scenario anymore. To value the roleplayers that are still active is a very very wise way to keep them active. Same to the property management, open business is what makes this server go on right now. It's a blast when something opens and there's like 40 online players. You get to see the almost the same amount of people inside of it as if it were 500 online players, because everyone is really willing to interact with each other.

tl;dr: This smaller playerbase actually feels like a more active one, lesser people inside interiors, administrative teams please improve your SLAs over requests and be more flexible about them, at least by now.

This tbh!

People who keep LS alive are in part driven by open businesses that currently is a rare thing. Once we had tons of businesses open for all kinds, today we have gangsters coming to get a drink at Sandy Shores rock n roll bar because it's the only player-based event happening, and all power to them cause we see these people and all the rest that keeps online really performing high quality roleplay. All in all, it's definately shit to have this low player-base, sure, but we see the 'quality over quantity' really popping out right here. Hope to see the server grow itself again and follow this roleplay standard.

13 hours ago, gusting said:

This tbh!

People who keep LS alive are in part driven by open businesses that currently is a rare thing. Once we had tons of businesses open for all kinds, today we have gangsters coming to get a drink at Sandy Shores rock n roll bar because it's the only player-based event happening, and all power to them cause we see these people and all the rest that keeps online really performing high quality roleplay. All in all, it's definately shit to have this low player-base, sure, but we see the 'quality over quantity' really popping out right here. Hope to see the server grow itself again and follow this roleplay standard.

I agree. I've been opening my business every day this week, and I've seen new faces every day, and some of those have returned on other openings then too

I think those that are still around should really take the time and consider applying for their own businesses. It'd be nice to see something open that is run by someone new with fresh ideas or at least a fresh concept to the LS staples... We could use a change of pace from the same regurgitated businesses owned by the same name-changed people that continue opening the same "refaced" locations. 🙂 

A lot of people commented about how LC was an 'even playing field', but I honestly feel like the shift in popularity has (even if only temporarily) also leveled the playing field in LS too. 

It'd be nice if people could look at some of the positives that have come from the new changes instead of hyper-fixating on what they perceive as a negative.

• Applaud 2
5 minutes ago, MistressOfMayhem said:

I think those that are still around should really take the time and consider applying for their own businesses. It'd be nice to see something open that is run by someone new with fresh ideas or at least a fresh concept to the LS staples... We could use a change of pace from the same regurgitated businesses owned by the same name-changed people that continue opening the same "refaced" locations. 🙂 

A lot of people commented about how LC was an 'even playing field', but I honestly feel like the shift in popularity has (even if only temporarily) also leveled the playing field in LS too. 

It'd be nice if people could look at some of the positives that have come from the new changes instead of hyper-fixating on what they perceive as a negative.

Exactly. Not saying that LC will become one of those RPG servers that you see Hydras bombing spawning zone, of course not, but maybe this could be a turning point on LS roleplay standards for good. What really matters at this moment is Staff being present and working on reports and applications, with open heart to new ideas and not being held by the same atmosphere we have before, and people to be creative as much as they can to survive what I really believe is just a momentary low tide.  😃

• Upvote 1
Just now, gusting said:

Exactly. Not saying that LC will become one of those RPG servers that you see Hydras bombing spawning zone, of course not, but maybe this could be a turning point on LS roleplay standards for good. What really matters at this moment is Staff being present and working on reports and applications, with open heart to new ideas and not being held by the same atmosphere we have before, and people to be creative as much as they can to survive what I really believe is just a momentary low tide.  😃

Lots in the plans for the LS server, but we are certainly focusing on allowing people to be as creative as possible! So stay tuned 🙂 We do appreciate the positive comments from everyone.

• Upvote 2

Kinda an unpopular opinion, maybe... but in my opinion, People should stop taking the low server playercount as IC. 

Every since Libery City came out, I've noticed a lot of characters I meet ingame on the LS server are constantly bringing up (in-character) about "how empty the streets are" and how "it seems like everyone in the city just left." There's also plenty of LEO characters constantly mentioning how "Crime is at an all time low and that it's weird for the city to be so legal all of the sudden". And it just makes no sense IC'ly for a city to just go quiet for no reason.

People should stop roleplaying the server's low playercount as IC and that the city is suddenly dead. This is honestly starting to get annoying in my opinion. Just because the playercounts are low doesn't mean we should be roleplaying that the city is IC'ly unpopulated all of the sudden.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
59 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

Kinda an unpopular opinion, maybe... but in my opinion, People should stop taking the low server playercount as IC. 

Every since Libery City came out, I've noticed a lot of characters I meet ingame on the LS server are constantly bringing up (in-character) about "how empty the streets are" and how "it seems like everyone in the city just left." There's also plenty of LEO characters constantly mentioning how "Crime is at an all time low and that it's weird for the city to be so legal all of the sudden". And it just makes no sense IC'ly for a city to just go quiet for no reason.

People should stop roleplaying the server's low playercount as IC and that the city is suddenly dead. This is honestly starting to get annoying in my opinion. Just because the playercounts are low doesn't mean we should be roleplaying that the city is IC'ly unpopulated all of the sudden.

IFM said that the player count are the people living in the city, months ago, I don't know where.

1 hour ago, ScarletRose said:

You can't really unless you're starting new? Because if I go back on my character who had alot of connections and involved in stuff then one day everyone you know including whole parts of town are disappeared then its like waking up to the zombie apocalypse.