Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

I was one of the people routing for the LS server to stay alive, but honestly I have no problem with it dying.

The LS server is in the worse state it's been in in years. That's my opinion. And the concept of LA and the gangbanging around it is so dried up and stale now, the systems are so deep in their history that they cant be lifted, and even despite the efforts given by the staff and the community the ill interactions between certain parties will remain prevalent on the server.

I dont know what happened, what miracle was made but the LC server is truly something great. Good roleplay with the action still there without OOC animosity. People speaking on the LC server not even involved w/ it lmfaoooo, rp quality is great, admins are crackin down on rulebreakers fast and people are keeping things IC with beef. people shooting for injuries instead of pks, people roleplaying and doing other shit despite being on guns terms, etc. 

LC > LS

Better roleplay quality, smaller but more alive map that feels betters and looks lively, a good bunch of civilians that provide actual roleplay to gangs unlike the ones on LS, 

Edited by ZaE
  • Upvote 3

I always thought that it'd be a smart short term business decision, and maybe a mistake on the long term. The reason for that is, the sword of Damocles called Take-Two Interactive's legal team. They've done it before with some high profile total conversion mods, and they're still actively sending DMCA takedown notices all around and they're pretty aggressive at it.

bca85cd78e0810a280fcaf7e602e1568.jpg

https://kotaku.com/gta-v-take-two-mafia-modder-mods-luke-ross-vr-dmca-1849149715

https://kotaku.com/take-two-interactive-removes-more-gta-mods-using-dmca-s-1848053219

https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/master/2021/02/2021-02-19-take-two.md

https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/master/2021/09/2021-09-29-take-two-legal-action/2021-09-29-take-two-legal-action.pdf

yeah liberty city is actually a fun setting

ngl los santos has zero cultural significance and LA is boring and overplayed as hell in every roleplay community

i quit regular gtaw, so did a lot of others. the factions were the same, the setting was overdone, the roleplay was bland. the characters were awful. in LC? even the crappy encounters are fun, fresh, and new. most people are actually from LC instead of some foreign country, and even then, it makes more sense for them to be immigrants. NYC is a lot more well known.

you can have your preferences, but people thinking LC was a mistake are huffing quality grade copium. Its just a fun experience, which feels alien for gtaw, because usually we all play this server out of spite and leave with a bad taste in our mouths. but LC? its just a fun, cozy setting, with tons of shit going on even in small numbers. 200 players still feels full, unlike LS where 200 players will rarely interact with eachother thanks to the gigantic map.

• Upvote 7
48 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

ngl los santos has zero cultural significance and LA is boring and overplayed as hell in every roleplay community

i quit regular gtaw, so did a lot of others. the factions were the same, the setting was overdone, the roleplay was bland. the characters were awful. in LC? even the crappy encounters are fun, fresh, and new. most people are actually from LC instead of some foreign country, and even then, it makes more sense for them to be immigrants. NYC is a lot more well known.

you can have your preferences, but people thinking LC was a mistake are huffing quality grade copium. Its just a fun experience, which feels alien for gtaw, because usually we all play this server out of spite and leave with a bad taste in our mouths. but LC? its just a fun, cozy setting, with tons of shit going on even in small numbers. 200 players still feels full, unlike LS where 200 players will rarely interact with eachother thanks to the gigantic map.

its fun but i'd like it more if i wasn't spending 50% of my time beneath the map falling

• Upvote 1
47 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

You may feel like it, because it's new. In a year it will become the same drag.

• Upvote 4
2 hours ago, KinnyWynny said:

ngl los santos has zero cultural significance

2 hours ago, KinnyWynny said:

its hilarious. most of the people saying the LC was a 'mistake' hated on illegal and gang roleplay, now all of those illegal and gang roleplayers are on LC and they still arent happy, like your parents most likely said...you cannot please everyone.

Will LS revive a bit in a week or two? Yes. But I think the LC server will have a higher player count for the next months to come.

4 hours ago, Jeroen said:

I always thought that it'd be a smart short term business decision, and maybe a mistake on the long term. The reason for that is, the sword of Damocles called Take-Two Interactive's legal team. They've done it before with some high profile total conversion mods, and they're still actively sending DMCA takedown notices all around and they're pretty aggressive at it.

bca85cd78e0810a280fcaf7e602e1568.jpg

https://kotaku.com/gta-v-take-two-mafia-modder-mods-luke-ross-vr-dmca-1849149715

https://kotaku.com/take-two-interactive-removes-more-gta-mods-using-dmca-s-1848053219

https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/master/2021/02/2021-02-19-take-two.md

https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/master/2021/09/2021-09-29-take-two-legal-action/2021-09-29-take-two-legal-action.pdf

I researched this myself with my friends because I thought the same thing but I believe it has something to do with GIVING the conversion out, in GTA:World the files are encrypted (i think anyway since the last clothing update???) so maybe that's a way to slim around it?? I'm not sure at all but I remember somebody telling me there's a way around that take down n shit. However with Take-Two? It's a ticking time bomb so who knows

Edited by ZaE
58 minutes ago, ZaE said:

This is actually hella interesting, I wonder what made nervous wanna take the risk 🤷🏽‍♂️

I think the fact that the GTA:W LC map is not included in the GTA:V base game which is the issue, since GTA:IV isn't abandonware (abandonware still has copyright on it btw), and you have to pay for the game. It's the same as with GTA Underground.

Just now, Jeroen said:

I think the fact that the GTA:W LC map is not included in the GTA:V base game which is the issue, since GTA:IV isn't abandonware (abandonware still has copyright on it btw), and you have to pay for the game. It's the same as with GTA Underground.

I'm pretty sure Take Two took those mods down because they were planning to make the Definitve Edition a thing.

The Los Santos server just died? Wow. I didn't know that. You’re telling me now for the first time. the server had an amazing run. What else can you say? Los Santos was an amazing city, whether you agree or not, the server had an amazing map which had amazing RP. I'm actually sad to hear that.

• Upvote 5