Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

1 hour ago, gusting said:

Truth been said. Most people don't have the time and most people everyone don't even want to. In time you'll find yourself more in tune with one of your characters that you are mostly playing with and you just won't feel like playing the other server anymore, specially when the server is LS 'old and already seen' experience.

On a personal take, I just couldn't enjoy my staying at LC tbh.

Exaclty, I’m an LC player now myself and I couldn’t really see myself getting back into the action in Los Santos. Seen it, done it.

But with respect to this “was LC a mistake debate”, just let people choose the location they prefer and the cards fall where they shall. Any action taken to favor Los Santos and try and push players back there harms LC, any action taken to try and push more players to LC harms LS. All “rebalancing” the player base is going to do is anger people on both sides. LS will still be dissatisfied that they aren’t peaking 700+ anymore, LC will be frustrated that their numbers dropped.

This is a gaming community, it’s obvious that at least for now the majority of players prefer LC. We can debate the reasons as to why, but based on daily player counts, that seems to be evident at the moment. Suggesting that giving people something they obviously seem to be having a lot of fun with was a mistake because it harmed LS is somewhat silly. I think LC proves (at least so far) just how frustrated and bored a lot of people were getting with Los Santos and how much they desired a fresh start and some change. If anything, Los Santos should take this time to reinvent itself and make itself something better for the players who remain. Nothing lasts forever, enjoy the servers for what they are while they’re here.

• Upvote 4

Liberty City has a lot more freedom in terms of faction concepts imo, there's more of a variety. The gang politics in general is better in NY (LC) than LA (LS), how the prison system operates in NY again is better than LA. (Just my opinion). Everyone being on a level playing field is definitely refreshing too, the economy on LC is fluctuating a little right now but that's to be expected at the start it'll settle as more supplier drops come out and a variety of schemes get accepted. LS is an over done concept, I mean damn I was a teenager roleplaying in LS on SAMP. GTA Vs map in general is just a terrible map for rp imho, it's a huge map but a lot of it is a whole lot of emptiness. I think LC came at a needed time, a lot of us were bored and fed up of roleplaying the same stuff on the same old map. It'd be cool to see Nervous pump out some publicity for the servers through advertising, that might help push the player base up for both. But for me, I'ma stick to LC.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Joaquins Story. said:

Liberty City has a lot more freedom in terms of faction concepts imo, there's more of a variety. The gang politics in general is better in NY (LC) than LA (LS), how the prison system operates in NY again is better than LA. (Just my opinion). Everyone being on a level playing field is definitely refreshing too, the economy on LC is fluctuating a little right now but that's to be expected at the start it'll settle as more supplier drops come out and a variety of schemes get accepted. LS is an over done concept, I mean damn I was a teenager roleplaying in LS on SAMP. GTA Vs map in general is just a terrible map for rp imho, it's a huge map but a lot of it is a whole lot of emptiness. I think LC came at a needed time, a lot of us were bored and fed up of roleplaying the same stuff on the same old map. It'd be cool to see Nervous pump out some publicity for the servers through advertising, that might help push the player base up for both. But for me, I'ma stick to LC.

i dont think that would do much in advertising most players on rage are more interested in voice rp, thats why you see a higher playerbase on those server. most of the players from samp play here, so its really like competing for a small percentage out of everyone on rage that prefer text over voice rp. and only reason why most of us like text cause we all play samp as a kid. 

14 hours ago, Joaquins Story. said:

Do you mind giving some specific examples on these points? No hate and I'm not trying to throw shade, but I keep seeing people writing this general thing - "More faction variety, better gang politics, prison operates better..." But when I look at the LC forums, I see threads about people complaining about aggressive gang RP, lack of development, the jail being both overly-punishing and empty... I also see a lot of the same gangs, just replace some of crips with gangster disciples and add a few more European syndicates.

1 hour ago, K0range4 said:

Do you mind giving some specific examples on these points? No hate and I'm not trying to throw shade, but I keep seeing people writing this general thing - "More faction variety, better gang politics, prison operates better..." But when I look at the LC forums, I see threads about people complaining about aggressive gang RP, lack of development, the jail being both overly-punishing and empty... I also see a lot of the same gangs, just replace some of crips with gangster disciples and add a few more European syndicates.

Well, the few times I entered the LC server I only saw the same aggressive gang RP around and the exact same issues. Let's be honest here, we are playing in a different map, yes, it's suppose to be a different scenario and atmosphere, yes, but it's the same people with the addings of already banned players. I really can't see reason to believe LC is a "better experience" in any shape or form.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 3
1 hour ago, gusting said:

Well, the few times I entered the LC server I only saw the same aggressive gang RP around and the exact same issues. Let's be honest here, we are playing in a different map, yes, it's suppose to be a different scenario and atmosphere, yes, but it's the same people with the addings of already banned players. I really can't see reason to believe LC is a "better experience" in any shape or form.

I kind of agree there. I respect folks who are enjoying LC, I understand the fresh feel, restarted economy, and those who enjoy the more condensed map. But from what I can tell, there are the same players and same type of factions. That's been a complaint of mine since I've joined this server - the street gang RP scene is stale for a variety of reasons and I can't believe we keep allowing the exact same sureno/crip/blood factions to open. In LC it just seems like the same, but sub out crip for GD, surenos for puerto ricans, etc. But I digress, I don't want to be perceived as faction bashing. I just want to make sure we're being honest with ourselves in this LS/LC scenario.

Even with the lower player numbers I've actually had some really solid RP sessions myself here in LS. Some of the civilians have come out of the wood work since they're not being robbed/killed every 5 minutes, and there's been a couple of cozy nights/mornings in a few different clubs, bars, and businesses. If I could encourage the staff team in one aspect it's to stay on top of property/business requests, scheme requests, and supplier applications. Those of us still here in LS are still having a good time and building worlds/stories, so a new wave of businesses, faction ideas, and schemes would help keep things circulating.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2
26 minutes ago, K0range4 said:

I kind of agree there. I respect folks who are enjoying LC, I understand the fresh feel, restarted economy, and those who enjoy the more condensed map. But from what I can tell, there are the same players and same type of factions. That's been a complaint of mine since I've joined this server - the street gang RP scene is stale for a variety of reasons and I can't believe we keep allowing the exact same sureno/crip/blood factions to open. In LC it just seems like the same, but sub out crip for GD, surenos for puerto ricans, etc. But I digress, I don't want to be perceived as faction bashing. I just want to make sure we're being honest with ourselves in this LS/LC scenario.

Even with the lower player numbers I've actually had some really solid RP sessions myself here in LS. Some of the civilians have come out of the wood work since they're not being robbed/killed every 5 minutes, and there's been a couple of cozy nights/mornings in a few different clubs, bars, and businesses. If I could encourage the staff team in one aspect it's to stay on top of property/business requests, scheme requests, and supplier applications. Those of us still here in LS are still having a good time and building worlds/stories, so a new wave of businesses, faction ideas, and schemes would help keep things circulating.

Glad to hear you're having fun still! I for one have had a lot of players approach me saying they're really enjoying themselves again and I sincerely hope people who return get the same feeling too. 

As for staff wise, as a member of PM we are really working hard on staying on top of all requests best we can, we've got several new members that have recently joined as well to meet demands and will continue to support businesses old and new. One of the things I'm looking forward to is the mall opening up, we've had so many amazing ideas for that place so it'll be nice when it's fully open! 

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
1 hour ago, Fenris said:

Glad to hear you're having fun still! I for one have had a lot of players approach me saying they're really enjoying themselves again and I sincerely hope people who return get the same feeling too. 

As for staff wise, as a member of PM we are really working hard on staying on top of all requests best we can, we've got several new members that have recently joined as well to meet demands and will continue to support businesses old and new. One of the things I'm looking forward to is the mall opening up, we've had so many amazing ideas for that place so it'll be nice when it's fully open! 

when special vehicle requests.. 

(weevil) 

6 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Glad to hear that too. It's important to not let LS players be left alone while LC server gets all the players and attention so thank you for that.

Since we are coming all out here with open hearts, I'm coming out too to say that yes, the server kind of got rid of the bad roleplayers that we all know indeed exist and are only there for the robbery/mugging/dming dopamine and not for real character build and high quality roleplay... It's like the people who stayed in the server are the ones that really really care for their characters and really care for the development they have built up to this moment and since all this love for a character has been constructed they don't feel like just living it like that and having to fresh start a character without all the contacts, connections and events that happened to this point. I really dig this, in fact I feel a part of this myself. The problem is that since playerbase of LS got this low after LC it's important to know that many good quality roleplayers have changed servers too, it's not only the banned players and dmers that moved, of course, so we have lost this and as I do my character and roleplay I feel that on a daily basis.

All respect to LC players of course, there's plenty solid roleplayers there that just followed the hype, new map and playerbase, but I have real fucking respect to LS players that keep trying on LS zombie town.

• Game Administrator Lvl. 2
11 minutes ago, gusting said:

Glad to hear that too. It's important to not let LS players be left alone while LC server gets all the players and attention so thank you for that.

Since we are coming all out here with open hearts, I'm coming out too to say that yes, the server kind of got rid of the bad roleplayers that we all know indeed exist and are only there for the robbery/mugging/dming dopamine and not for real character build and high quality roleplay... It's like the people who stayed in the server are the ones that really really care for their characters and really care for the development they have built up to this moment and since all this love for a character has been constructed they don't feel like just living it like that and having to fresh start a character without all the contacts, connections and events that happened to this point. I really dig this, in fact I feel a part of this myself. The problem is that since playerbase of LS got this low after LC it's important to know that many good quality roleplayers have changed servers too, it's not only the banned players and dmers that moved, of course, so we have lost this and as I do my character and roleplay I feel that on a daily basis.

All respect to LC players of course, there's plenty solid roleplayers there that just followed the hype, new map and playerbase, but I have real fucking respect to LS players that keep trying on LS zombie town.

Nothing but respect to everyone who is still playing at the LS server. Over the last couple weeks, I had some very different interactions IC'ly that I don't think would happen pre-LC release, and feels like almost everyone whoe is still here is really caring about long roleplays, conversations, business development and all that.

On top of that, I want to reinforce what has already been posted here: IFM, please get rid of the requests. Take a look at each one of them with affection, we are not at the 700 online scenario anymore. To value the roleplayers that are still active is a very very wise way to keep them active. Same to the property management, open business is what makes this server go on right now. It's a blast when something opens and there's like 40 online players. You get to see the almost the same amount of people inside of it as if it were 500 online players, because everyone is really willing to interact with each other.

tl;dr: This smaller playerbase actually feels like a more active one, lesser people inside interiors, administrative teams please improve your SLAs over requests and be more flexible about them, at least by now.

• Upvote 2