Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

12 minutes ago, Decker said:

Looks good on paper but no player is gonna take the time to delete shit from their /attributes and add more shit every single time they put on a new set of clothing. 

Then I guess the players that use mods are going to have to accept how others see them as with wearing a checkered shirt and looking goofy. it is what it is if they don’t want to change their attributes every time they throw on a fit . 

Edited by DannyMoney
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, DannyMoney said:

Then I guess the players that use mods are going to have to accept how others see them as with wearing a checkered shirt and looking goofy. it is what it is if they don’t want to change their attributes every time they throw on a fit . 

people don't even check someone's attributes, not to mention that there's not enough space to describe a whole ass outfit. no way i'd describe an outfit and waste so much space just so you won't go out of ur way to clown my character. best solution here is to just stfu n stop being a dickhead. just cause rules allow it doesn't mean it's necessary. u don't have to make it worse by actually taking it icly when there's no reason for ur char to act like that. i believe it's ooc hatred against gang rpers that make people clown them and it's cringe asf if u can't look past a checkered shirt. and if u actually rp someone's floating arms then you're just a straight up retard. instead of taking missing limbs icly, how about pming the player n letting him know that his arms are floating? help to find a solution instead of ruining rp for everyone by taking unrealistic ass shit icly. "This dude's hands are... floating?" "Don't worry, everyone in Davis looks like that." 
no wonder this community is ASS

Being able to loot guns from corpses is a DM calling from every illegal roleplayer that wants to score a gun and should not exist. Guns should be only acquired through good roleplay from official illegal faction members and trades, not by hovering bodies like zombies until players acceptdeath and get a free gun.

1 hour ago, displayname said:

people don't even check someone's attributes, not to mention that there's not enough space to describe a whole ass outfit. no way i'd describe an outfit and waste so much space just so you won't go out of ur way to clown my character. best solution here is to just stfu n stop being a dickhead. just cause rules allow it doesn't mean it's necessary. u don't have to make it worse by actually taking it icly when there's no reason for ur char to act like that. i believe it's ooc hatred against gang rpers that make people clown them and it's cringe asf if u can't look past a checkered shirt. and if u actually rp someone's floating arms then you're just a straight up retard. instead of taking missing limbs icly, how about pming the player n letting him know that his arms are floating? help to find a solution instead of ruining rp for everyone by taking unrealistic ass shit icly. "This dude's hands are... floating?" "Don't worry, everyone in Davis looks like that." 

Nervous could add /examinefit and there’s a solution , that simple. I know for a fact players gonna be lazy to change it daily .  If YOU think the community is ass then stop playing .  It ain’t OOC hatred to gang rpers , it’s common sense . Some of you dummies want to have ur unique ass mod that fuck up the immersion for others who don’t got the mod pack . Only 12 year old kids irl care bout mods not a grown ass man gonna give a fuck 

22 minutes ago, DannyMoney said:

Nervous could add /examinefit and there’s a solution , that simple. I know for a fact players gonna be lazy to change it daily .  If YOU think the community is ass then stop playing .  It ain’t OOC hatred to gang rpers , it’s common sense . Some of you dummies want to have ur unique ass mod that fuck up the immersion for others who don’t got the mod pack . Only 12 year old kids irl care bout mods not a grown ass man gonna give a fuck 

sure if u wanna destroy immersion even more by taking it icly then go ahead

23 minutes ago, DannyMoney said:

If YOU think the community is ass then stop playing .

yea standard argument when someone criticizes things on the server "then just stop playing" bro shut up 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, displayname said:

sure if u wanna destroy immersion even more by taking it icly then go ahead

yea standard argument when someone criticizes things on the server "then just stop playing" bro shut up 

Or, we can just make modpacks that replace items that actually make sense. Instead of overlaying checkered textures without knowing. 

It is possible btw, I made one that replaces custom hoodies for hoodies, custom shirts for shirts and so on. There's no excuse on why your mod pack looks goofy as hell when you can literally just take a small amount of time to organize. That's just me though.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, GOBLIN said:

Or, we can just make modpacks that replace items that actually make sense. Instead of overlaying checkered textures without knowing. 

It is possible btw, I made one that replaces custom hoodies for hoodies, custom shirts for shirts and so on. There's no excuse on why your mod pack looks goofy as hell when you can literally just take a small amount of time to organize. That's just me though.

yea there's decent modpacks but most people use YLP lol

1 hour ago, displayname said:

Plenty of players in this community are visual learners, myself included. I'm not going to remember when you're for example Quavius Quavius, but even though you've got a checkered shirt and checkered shoes, that you're actually wearing a Gucci x Prada t-shirt, some Yeezies, and smell like Paco Rabanne 1 Million. When shove comes to push, which probably is going to happen eventually, I'm not going to tell people who are going to help me that you're wearing all that so they have to /examine possibly 10 individuals in a room, I'm just going to tell them that it's the guy having a checkerboard shirt and checkerboard shoes. Because in this situation, fuck your immersion. 

2 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

Plenty of players in this community are visual learners, myself included. I'm not going to remember when you're for example Quavius Quavius, but even though you've got a checkered shirt and checkered shoes, that you're actually wearing a Gucci x Prada t-shirt, some Yeezies, and smell like Paco Rabanne 1 Million. When shove comes to push, which probably is going to happen eventually, I'm not going to tell people who are going to help me that you're wearing all that so they have to /examine possibly 10 individuals in a room, I'm just going to tell them that it's the guy having a checkerboard shirt and checkerboard shoes. Because in this situation, fuck your immersion. 

that's not what i meant tho. im talking about people randomly picking on someone icly for having a checkered shirt. lets say u use mods and u walk past a group and they just randomly talk shit about ur fucked up fit

7 hours ago, displayname said:

that's not what i meant tho. im talking about people randomly picking on someone icly for having a checkered shirt. lets say u use mods and u walk past a group and they just randomly talk shit about ur fucked up fit

You're a guy with a checkered shirt and checkered trousers on the dispatch call for PD, it's really no different if you're walking around with your personal mods and look silly to 90% of the server save for those in your faction to be honest, especially considering how so much of gang RP is promoting pointless beef. A checkered shirt will do, no solution to that.

• Applaud 1