Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

6 hours ago, space monkey said:

if you send your character thread to someone and ask that they comment to bump the thread and improve interactivity and they say shit like "i was forced to write this" then that person is rude

Begging for likes? What is this, 2010 Facebook?

• Upvote 1

The refusal to even consider adjusting the server timezone from GMT is a massive mistake that leads to shafting every north american and oceanic timezoned player with doing business/playing at 2AM server time. I know people who legitimately haven't seen sunlight in game in months. I'd legitimately play a NA server over the main GTAW server at this point if a "licensed" one popped up like the RU or Italian servers. It's that bad.

At the very least lower the amount of hours where it's nighttime. Or plop it on some timezone in like the middle of the Atlantic that'd meet halfway like Bermuda (GMT-3) or something.

Edited by bartman
  • Upvote 7
  • Applaud 1
11 minutes ago, bartman said:

The refusal to even consider adjusting the server timezone from GMT is a massive mistake that leads to shafting every north american and oceanic timezoned player with doing business/playing at 2AM server time. I know people who legitimately haven't seen sunlight in game in months. I'd legitimately play a NA server over the main GTAW server at this point if a "licensed" one popped up like the RU or Italian servers. It's that bad.

At the very least lower the amount of hours where it's nighttime. Or plop it on some timezone in like the middle of the Atlantic that'd meet halfway like Bermuda (GMT-3) or something.

To be honest, I think changing the time cycle to 18 hours day / 6 hours night would be best. I can't imagine an NA-only server working, as we work best with most of the rest of the English-speaking world, but I do feel we get shafted with not being able to play in any day light. The night time gets boring and stale, especially when this game looks so beautiful in the day light.

37 minutes ago, bartman said:

I agree with this. All I want is to be able to enjoy the server in daytime without having to get up so darn early just to experience it. I think the nightclubs are probably gonna take a hit from the change though.

Edited by KingstonThaIII